RQ-Help on R-Type III

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
evil_ash_xero

RQ-Help on R-Type III

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I cannot beat the last boss' second form. You know, when his arms go all over the place.

I just can't make it through it, and I have tried for HOURS straight, trying to get the hang of it, to no avail.

Is there any patterns that you guys use to beat this bastard? Any advice?

s/m
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Apparently the arms fly in random patterns, but I've seen a video where the player knows exactly where to be at each moment, so they most likely follow a set route.

Try using savestates to learn the safe spots. Or you could download Kiken's replay and see how he did it.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

You know, I just beat the game, after thinking it was impossible.

And my main problem was that the FAQ I was reading basically said not to worry about shooting the arms. Well, the more you shoot them, the less time they attack you. duh..

One thing i'd like to point out to anyone here having problems with that boss is this: in all the vids I have seen people put up, they always take out the boss' head with HYPER. Well, if you do that, whenever the arms first show up, you just have your dinky laser, since your HYPER is cooling down. What I did, was I blew the boss' head off with 200 percent laser, and started charging HYPER as his body was blowing up. Whenever I first dodge the arms(as they are coming to the left side of the screen), I let loose the HYPER and it hurts them a bit. And then I tried to get in a few shots before it stopped working. After that, I just had to dodge and shoot with my laser for a little longer, and the 3rd(and incredibly easy) form of the boss showed up.

Just some advice for anyone having problems.

s/m
MJR

Post by MJR »

You have my sympathies, I was so disgusted at the difficulty of dealing with these flying arms that I gave up playing R-type III at that point.