GD: Psychosis / Paranoia

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Herr Schatten

GD: Psychosis / Paranoia

Post by Herr Schatten »

I recently downloaded this on my VC and, apart from the blurry graphics, I enjoy it a lot.

I just want to ask if someone has some good boss strategies to share or maybe has suggestions about weapon usage.
Eltigro

Post by Eltigro »

I have this TurboChip for my TG-16. Got it used when a store was getting rid of its TurboGrafx rental games.

First, as far as weapons, I recommend sticking with the W weapon. This is the one that shoots out wave-like shots from your rotating shield things. That's about it. I don't bother with the lightning one. I go for killing things before they get close to me.

On level 1, as you are scrolling along, there is a part where a small pink caterpillar looking creature is crawling along and two black ant/spider looking things come up and start beating up on it. Kill the black ones and let the pink one keep going. Then, when you get to the first boss, butterflies will come out on the screen. I'm not sure if they help or not, but it is a little easter egg.

On another level, I think it is the fourth one, it has a kind of Egyptian type motif. Anyway, if you saved the caterpillar and get to the fourth level without dying, a turtle looking thing will come down and hover over your ship and give you some protection through about half the stage (can't remember how long it stays around, I haven't seen it in years.)

Anyway, the best winning strategy I can give is to not die. That sounds obvious, but here is the reason why. I found that, in later levels, if you die, it is too difficult to build up your weapons and shields again. I have beaten this game about three or four times, and each time, I had to do it on one life. I've gotten to where, if I die, I just reset the TurboGrafx and try again.