GD: Trizeal

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
zlk

Re: GD: Trizeal

Post by zlk »

Three questions as I have just started to play this game:

1) Is there any way to get autofire on with the PCB? I can't find anything in the menu.

2) During some boss battles the players are changing their shot type non-stop. Why? Is this for more slowdown? Does it do more damage?

3) Does limiting the number of options you pick up really control rank much? Is there that much of a difference? Also, is rank enabled at 8 or 11 items?
Herr Schatten

Re: GD: Trizeal

Post by Herr Schatten »

I can't help you with your first question, but I can answer the other two.
zlk wrote: 2) During some boss battles the players are changing their shot type non-stop. Why? Is this for more slowdown? Does it do more damage?
This is often referred to as the Da-da-da-shot, and it does indeed a little more damage. Excluding the DC version, all the home ports let you map the rapidly changing rapid fire to a single button.
zlk wrote: 3) Does limiting the number of options you pick up really control rank much? Is there that much of a difference? Also, is rank enabled at 8 or 11 items?
The number of option pickups is the only thing that influences rank in Trizeal. It's a visible difference, but not a very huge one. There's one key spot where you really want to have low rank if you want to score well (the swarming enemies pouring out of the sides of the big gate), but otherwise there's no real need to keep rank low. Rank is enabled at 11 powerup items.