GD: Dragon Blaze - character differences, etc...

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

Beautiful! Thanks, Rob!

It should also be noted that your hitbox remains your head when dismounted (so with Quaid, it's quite high), and when you remount, your hitbox teleports back a fair chunk. Likewise when you use your Dragon Attack your hitbox teleports forward, but ... that almost never gets me into trouble. Not like the tilt thing.

Edit: Oh, nevermind... it doesn't actually move that much when you mount dismount. It moves MAYBE half your hitbox, vertically, which, is basically meaningless ^_^

Edit2: I had an epiphany... If there's a pattern or cloud of bullets that I fear needs tight dodging where the wobble will likely get me killed, I can just fire off the dragon, and stay dismounted. Not only does my hitbox NOT tilt when I move, but I also move a hair slower, which makes tight dodging easier. Why didn't I think of this earlier *smacks forehead*
Psikyo_Ball

Re: RQ: Dragon Blaze - character differences, etc...

Post by Psikyo_Ball »

hi all, i have a little question with this game. Can i kill bosses on 1-5, 1-6 and 1-7 stage with technical bonus? .
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

1-5 and 1-6, yes. 1-7, no.

Here is a wonderful superplay by SYO: http://super-play.co.uk/index.php?superplay=2321

Of course, all of the tech bonuses are showcased.
captpain

Post by captpain »

Necronopticous wrote:1-5 and 1-6, yes. 1-7, no.

Here is a wonderful superplay by SYO: http://super-play.co.uk/index.php?superplay=2321

Of course, all of the tech bonuses are showcased.
I think it's been said before but that is really one of the most impressive superplays around, imo.
Psikyo_Ball

Post by Psikyo_Ball »

thank you necro for the information, i found the strategyc for 1_5 boss, but not for 1-6.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Been getting into this game and the hitbox and ship stats in this thread have been very helpful.

Currently I'm switching between Quaid (defensive/survival) and Rob (heavy metal offense), but I need to get better at milking the stages. Seems like Rob's wide shot is a disadvantage there, though Ian's homing daggers are too weak to matter.