RQ: Mushihime Sama scoring for idiots (ps2)

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Zebra Airforce

Post by Zebra Airforce »

Thank you so much, eoj! I can't believe I forgot to look there :oops:
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

Zebra Airforce wrote:The youtube comment is correct, he spends way too much time at the bottom of the screen. His multiplier could be much higher if he killed enemies as they came onscreen. Mine is usually at 20,000 by the second giant ant. However, he does finish with lots of lives in stock, which seems to add quite a bit to your score.

I wish HDJ would put up a video, i'm really interested in his techniques.
Well +300million is a little higer than the 75 million you could gain from playing more risky in the early stages.

I think you should make a replay instead
The Unknown? I'm the one who knows!
My shmup achievements | and my Superplays!
Zebra Airforce

Post by Zebra Airforce »

Smraedis wrote:Well +300million is a little higer than the 75 million you could gain from playing more risky in the early stages.
True. I can't imagine trying to maximize score without losing any bombs until the TFB. I wonder if the game could be one lifed that way?
I think you should make a replay instead
That would be alot of fun, but I don't have the equipment. I've always had a couple of things I've wanted to record, but whenever I have cash something else takes priority.
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

Squirrel wrote:Is there a way to milk the stage 3 midboss on arrange? or is it just best to boost up your multiplier on the shrubs and kill him off?
i've been playin the last couple hours mushi, and i find it pretty easy to milk the mid-boss in the second stage... i just try to keep the counter goin up (killing the small fries), and keeping an eye on the multiple parts of the boss... if you doit right (i mean, killing EVERY part individually), at the end, you even get a bonus life... i manage to get no less than 40 million points in that mission alone (i enter with somethin like 25 mill. and end up with no less than 70 mill.)

so far, im a real newbie at this game, but i manage to get to the boss of mission 5 now... i just need to kill the sucker!!... just need a couple more lives (continuing its for pussies!).
lmagus

Post by lmagus »

I'm a bit frustrated right now.

This is my first shmup ever, so I started it by playing Arrange mode.

I have been playing for around 2 months and I can constantly get to the 5th boss, sometimes to the TLB...

The problem is that I'm not very good at scoring.. my record is around 230k. Whenever i play for scoring i usualy lose too many bombs at 1st or 2nd stage..

Anyway I think that Arrange mode really made me get used in a bad way to the game... I totally suck at Original.. The hitbox is much bigger, the shots are waaaay too fast... Even Maniac seems easier than original because of the similarity with Arrange... Of course, not having the optionals from the start make it much harder..

My question in this topic is, is the Arrange mode scoring too different from the Maniac scoring?
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

the chaingauge in arrange mode isnt so cruel, means it doesnt drop immediately, also you can boost up the counter faster, since you have 6 options right frmo the beginning.

As far as i know that is the only difference between arrange and maniac mode (referring to the score system)
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

In arrange all the button tapping stuff you need to score in Maniac mode doesn't work (i.e. counter-banking, skyrockets, etc). To score in arrange you just need to 1)chain, and 2)get as close to enemies as possible and hold the A shot. Pretty simple.