RQ: Zero Wing (MD), stage 8 boss

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
iatneH

RQ: Zero Wing (MD), stage 8 boss

Post by iatneH »

How do you avoid that big skull thing that charges at you? Especially if you've already died once and respawned at the last checkpoint with no speedups?

Just want to know what's the best place to be and where to go when the huge pod starts moving. Cause I gotta worry about those fast homing missiles at the same time too.

Also, is stage 8 the last level? That's as far as the xenocide files review went... just wondering how close I am to 1CCing the first loop.
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

Thanks for nothing guys :P

I guess nobody's playing this game... anyway, I figured it out for anyone who is stuck.

You have to kill that skull thing. But it comes back after a while, so just keep killing it.

Finally, one thing I discovered (this is on MD version, Normal difficulty) is that it's possible to get 2 life extends during the final boss battle if you kill all the boss parts and die just before the fight is over, restarting from the checkpoint, and going through the boss battle again and getting another 2 extends and dying before the battle's end again, etc. This gives you a stupidly high score for the first loop, and also gives you a big cushy stock going into the second loop.

I entered the battle with 13 stock, at one point near the end of my run I was down to 1 stock and very nervous I would not clear it, but I finally cleared it with 5 stock.

I didn't do it on purpose, I was trying very hard to beat the boss but he kept killing me! I must have gone through that checkpoint at least 20 times on that run, and it took maybe 75 minutes to loop with all the times I died...

Yay, finally another 1CC to add to the puny list... even though Hard is supposed be to closer to the arcade version? I'll enjoy the moment for now...
Gemant

Post by Gemant »

I play this game, but arcade version only. MD version it's easy in comparison to arcade

stage 8 is the last level... then, game restart from stage 1...

in MD version there are 3 different ending (at the end of loop 1, 2 ,3)