GD: Radiant Silvergun 1cc

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
jpj

Post by jpj »

sorry for a late reply :oops:

i think the options are unlocked just on number of hours played. also possible number of 1CC's. i've only clocked maybe 5 hours practice on saturn mode, and over a hundred on arcade mode. but i think i had all four options when around 50 hours practice

the dogs don't really do much, you just have a dog rating in your options meter. collect them all in saturn mode and you get "Pro Breeder" rating, or something :lol: obviously collecting dogs is good for points, but that's about it.

for the C shot, it is 16 hits, ie pressing the button 8 times, and both shots hitting. HOWEVER, they cannot leave the screen, and they can't "self-destruct". that is to say, they explode when you release the button. they must make the explosion from contact with an enemy. perhaps you sometimes miss a 10k weapon bonus because you tap the button, or something similar. if using the C shot on 1 large enemy, you want to be as close as possible to minimise this. so if a large enemy takes 4 hits from the C button to die (ie to shoot twice), it is best to press and HOLD the C button until 4 hits have exploded, then release the button. so the C button is very sensitive to timing :?

the Z button is for 15 seconds locked on, and is one of the easier weapons to get bonuses from. again, this is total 15 seconds, ie 7.5 with each laser. as the laser becomes more powerful when Z button is held down, best technique is to tap the Z button, to keep the enemy/boss alive for longer, to have better chance of making weapon bonuses.

weapon levels are related to score from using that particular button. mainly this is chains, but does include weapon bonuses. even collecting dogs will help level up your X button (ie B and C levels).

hope this helps :)
powerfuran

Post by powerfuran »

It helped A LOT!!!!!

Many thanks!!!!!! :D :D :D
powerfuran

Post by powerfuran »

How THE HELL is the opening section of stage 5 chainable? I don't even see if some of the zakos are random or if it is always the same pattern! :cry:

Are the missiles shot by the boss first form destroyable? Maybe my C level is too low and does very little damage. It's usually around 21 when I enter stage 5.

Thanks jpj for the info relating the C bonus weapon. That and a proper chain work boosted my stage 3 score from 3.6 mil to 4.1 mil. :)
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

the opening section is ALWAYS the same. for a perfect stage 5 check superplay.co.uk. an easy beginner strategy is to stay on one side and just take out some reds with your regular shot to survive this bit.
the missiles are destroyable and you get 10k for them each i think?
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Kenchan

Post by Kenchan »

I find it strange that I've only ever 1cc RSG by going the Stage 4 route (I only have ST-V version to play). I keep seeing people say that Stage 2 is easier, but Stage 4 nets so much score easily in 4A so I always went that way. The funbox in 4B can be cheated easily with practice, and the boss dies with a few spreads of C and the sword. 4C and 4D can be cheated through by not worrying about chain, and 4E is actually my favorite stage; you don't really have to chain it if you can't. I've been meaning to make a video for how to easily beat the game, but I have nothing to do an AC line-out, and I don't have a good Saturn stick to play that version. I'm not super great at shooters, but I know a lot of basic techniques to get ppl like me thru the game :wink:

EDIT: Also thanks for enlightening me on the C bonuses jpj, I had been wondering why my C bonuses on 3A were so inconsistent. Now I can try to carry them on to later stages, I've been relying on A+B.
heisenbergman

Re: GD: Radiant Silvergun 1cc

Post by heisenbergman »

Okay, so I'm necrobumping a six year old thread. I suppose that's better than creating a new one to keep all the related information in one place though.

Basically my question is with regards to strategy. But first, do I understand the basic mechanics of the game correctly?

- You have three basic weapons, one per button: A, B, C
- There are four other weapons, which could be used using a combination of the basic weapons: A+B, A+C, B+C, A+B+C
- The basic weapons level up corresponding to the amount of points you make by using them.
- Points made by using weapon combinations are split equally among the weapons used (i.e. - if you score 2000 points using A+B, they get 1000 points each)

Do I undestand those mechanics correctly, folks? Is there any other significant gameplay-related information I still need to know?

Although, I'm not sure what is referred to by "chaining"? What does that mean, exactly?

Besides that, my main question as I mentioned earlier, has to do with strategy. I was just wondering:

With regards to usage of your weapons, is it better to mix it up and use a variety of your arsenal? Or can you be successful in this game using only one or maybe two weapons almost exlclusively?
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

You've got the mechanics down.

Chaining refers to killing enemies of the same color in sets of 3; every third you kill will give you a chain bonus, which increases every time you get one up to a max of 100k. Killing an enemy of any other color (even after completing a chain) will break your chain. This usually results in a player focusing on killing only red enemies, but there are certain situations where other chains are worth more.

It's similar to Ikaruga, but Ika allows you to jump between colors and keep your chain bonus as long as you kill them in sets of three. Radiant Silvergun forces you to stick with one color.

Leveling all your weapons to some extent is crucial. It's not necessary to do it evenly, though - look at the high score tables and note that B tends to be a few levels lower than the other two.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
guigui

Post by guigui »

Other be attitude for gain :

-Chaining is mandatory in the game : do it right and you'll be given the opportunity to survive bosses, do it wrong and you'll die.
-Play and replay stages until you know which color comes from where, then plan your chaining route in consequence.
-Dont worry too much about weapon levels, they'll grow up naturally as you chain through the stages.
-B weapon is kind of underpowered and hard to chain with. Keep it for place where you are strictly sure it wont break your chain (stage 2D for instance)
-A+B and B+C weapons are kind of overpowered and good for weapon bonus when you know how to use them.
-A+B+C weapon is not a panic bomb.

Yay ! Found memories of learning the game, I wish I was you. Have fun.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

Hi

Can anyone give me some advice on how to take down GEDO-O stage 2E boss quickly, I can get to this boss without losing a life but once I get to him I get destroyed.

Cheers
Check out my YouTube Channel
YouTube
pja

Post by pja »

Trevor spencer wrote:Hi

Can anyone give me some advice on how to take down GEDO-O stage 2E boss quickly, I can get to this boss without losing a life but once I get to him I get destroyed.

Cheers
I had the exact same problem when going for 1CC - at some point this little dude was responsible for ruining most of my runs. My original strategy was just hoping he picks pink bullet spam for one of his first random attacks - and admittedly that works well like half the time, but I found it too random to rely on.

Something I realized that made this fight much more consistent is that when you're far away from the ship vertically, he will spin towards you, and while spinning he'll shoot lots of pink bullets every time (the farther away you were from him originally, the more it shoots). It works right from the start of the fight - I go to the bottom right corner and he immediately spins. I collect the pink bullets, hyper sword the core (yellow dodecahedron thingy), go to the opposite corner, repeat. I don't use any other weapons (because it's already hard to see what's happening because of the wireframes).

This seems to work well as long as you time the hyper swords to actually hit the core - the problem is that the core spins around the rest of the ship, and you can only hit it when it's above, so it's not trivial. And when you destroy other parts before the core, it breaks out and fights you alone, going crazy - if this happens I just keep my distance and use homing, but usually the boss is low on HP at this point.
Last edited by pja on Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.