Shmups member profiles.

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
TWITCHDOCTOR

Shmups member profiles.

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

Why is it that some members feel shy about stating where they are located. Saying where your from could help in a get-together/ Shmup-meet.
Other than that, it just seems cool to know where other members are from. Aside from that, its usually a common question when meeting new people. ie
"Hi, you from around here?"
dementia

Post by dementia »

I will add my location right after I post this.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

FINE!!!! :P
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
UnscathedFlyingObject

Post by UnscathedFlyingObject »

I sincerely hope everyone knows where I mean by "The Big Apple". To be more specific, in Brooklyn.
"Sooo, what was it that you consider a 'good salary' for a man to make?"
"They should at least make 100K to have a good life"
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

There. You happy now, fucker? :)
magnum opus

Post by magnum opus »

its not shy its lazy but yeah here<---
UnscathedFlyingObject

@OmegaFlareX: I always had the impression that you were from somewhere in Europe. I see the errors of my ways now.
Last edited by UnscathedFlyingObject on Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
magnum opus

Post by magnum opus »

naw but i lived in florida last year.
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

OmegaFlareX wrote:There. You happy now, fucker? :)

I'm fucking thrilled now, fucker!
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

[quote="magnum opus"]naw but i lived in florida last year.[/quote

Hey Magnum O...so, what happend in Florida then?
You just decided to move away from the Atlantic sun to the desert sun?
School?

There are a couple of people that like shmups in New Mexico that I know about.
Then again, your pretty close to AZ, which may as well be the Shmups capital of the world.
magnum opus

Post by magnum opus »

TWITCHDOCTOR wrote: Hey Magnum O...so, what happend in Florida then?
You just decided to move away from the Atlantic sun to the desert sun?
School?
yeah moved out here for college, can't complain I hate florida for the most part, incompetent handling of the education system aside I grew up in alaska and washington so I like mountains, low humidity and cold weather. I prefer a forest but other than that NM fits the bill fairly well.

and yeah while it certainly wasn't a factor in my decision being close to AZ didn't hurt.
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

^So, what are your plans after college? Are you planning on staying there, or is this just a temporary thing?
Florida can't be that bad, but I guess if your a "mountain man"...oh well.

You kinda fit that 80's Florida Death Metal scene though...Tampa!
Complete with those Napalm Death vocalist looks!

Edit:
Ahh, please don't correct me here, Napalm Death was British, they just fit that whole "80's Tampa Death Metal scene in Florida" to a "T".
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

UnscathedFlyingObject wrote:@OmegaFlareX: I always had the impression that you were from somewhere in Europe.
Huh? What gave you that idea?
Minzoku

Post by Minzoku »

I AM NOT SHY ABOUT BEING IN THE LAND OF MARY.

Kiken is here, too, but he never bothered to say.
"This is not an alien life form! He is an experimental government aircraft!"
magnum opus

Post by magnum opus »

TWITCHDOCTOR wrote:^So, what are your plans after college? Are you planning on staying there, or is this just a temporary thing?
oh you know standard, try to get a job, try not to be too miserable in said job, try to move farther north.

Florida can't be that bad
its a state with an average elevation of 0, its full of old people who can't drive and teenages who can't either.
thanks to a combination of cows, swamps, landfills and citrus much of the state smells like an open sewer line (not to mention the too common open sewer lines due to construction)
during the winter the roads are clogged with tourists and during the summer movement is ill adviseable.
there are no basements because of the water level so any storage is either renting a shed or tossing things in attics, which are not an acceptable substitute.
outside the cities its swarming with bugs, there is no fall
it goes on.
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

Sounds a little like South Texas! I think we have more cows though...no basements here either. Sometimes it does smell like a ranch...(cow shit), but never really reaks of sewer.
Shapermc

Post by Shapermc »

Just put it in, sorry if it made you sad TWITCH.
Once the great legend of the joystick master, I am now a ronin floating the boards hoping to strike with a post.
ArrogantBastard

Re: Shmups member profiles.

Post by ArrogantBastard »

Done.
UnscathedFlyingObject

OmegaFlareX wrote:
UnscathedFlyingObject wrote:@OmegaFlareX: I always had the impression that you were from somewhere in Europe.
Huh? What gave you that idea?
No idea. I've been thinking hard about it to no avail :|.
Reiki

Post by Reiki »

I proudly display my location since I'm one of the only few Australians here (and the only one showing it). So that makes me special.
dbd

re:

Post by dbd »

Various reasons, first off it's bad enough some of what comes from online whatever without posting any personal data, it's something I only tend to do if someone is telling particularly diseased lies about me, and they need to be set straight as to what my real name is actually and where I in fact live, etc.

But it doesn't make any difference anyway it seems.

I haven't seen one shred of evidence that it is safe to post personal data online just for anyone to see, not the boards I've been on anyway, all the evidence so far has pointed towards it being used for the foulest of ends - and yes, I do know that means lots of well-meaning people loose out too.

When I first found these forums for example, I was right in being worried that really evil stuff from other forums would come over here too. Or might have been here already anyway.
Super Laydock

Re: re:

Post by Super Laydock »

dbd wrote: When I first found these forums for example, I was right in being worried that really evil stuff from other forums would come over here too. Or might have been here already anyway.
Care to explain what you mean by that? I've always found this forum one of the best and non-polluted ones in existence.... :?
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
TWITCHDOCTOR

Re: re:

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

dbd wrote:Various reasons, first off it's bad enough some of what comes from online whatever without posting any personal data, it's something I only tend to do if someone is telling particularly diseased lies about me, and they need to be set straight as to what my real name is actually and where I in fact live, etc.

But it doesn't make any difference anyway it seems.

I haven't seen one shred of evidence that it is safe to post personal data online just for anyone to see, not the boards I've been on anyway, all the evidence so far has pointed towards it being used for the foulest of ends - and yes, I do know that means lots of well-meaning people loose out too.

When I first found these forums for example, I was right in being worried that really evil stuff from other forums would come over here too. Or might have been here already anyway.

To be honest , you sound really paranoid to me. Just because someone knows your name and the state you life in, doesn't mean that they now know too much about you.

Besides, what are you so afraid of? Just because you post the state you live in, you're life isn't going to be in jeapordy!!
Its not as though Malc or anybody else is going to "snap"(lose it) behind his keyboard one day and randomly select a shmup-o to secrety visit and kill them in their sleep...only to steal all their shooting games.

So, I take it that you never buy anything online? No Ebay,EBGames, NCSX,etc,etc?

Or else, maybe you've watched too much Jay n' Silent Bob...refering to the movie in which they visit everyone who posted bad messages online about them, only to kick their asses. You first paragraph describes this activity to a "T"!!!

BTW: If you have THAT many problems with people online, maybe you are visiting some poor websites/forums, or you yourself may be the problem? (things you post/say whatever...even if its just joking around. People on the internet have a hard time telling the difference between a simple joke. or a real honest insult.
dbd

well,

Post by dbd »

I don't see the point in pretending it's all okay and acting as-if, cause it's just so obvious there's tonnes of spiritual corruption and dodgy play-acting and people who are just spies posing as if they are interested in various topics.

I'm just going to wait until things go back to normal, and stuff in general is well cleaned up ; and if that never happens, well, it's not as if every Scirpture in every holy book out there didn't explain why that would all happen.......

And of course I buy online. I'm not worried about putting my details online to buy stuff, tho' I wouldn't leave my card details online when I am not buying.

I've never had problems buying from actual online stores, except that one that lied about Gradius III and IV, but they sorted it out eventually, and recently a DVD seller seemed a bit dodgy, but that turned out ok. Everything else has been just about perfect.

I'm talking about psychic abusing spammer types on message boards, with occult-group agendas, it's those that have to be cleaned out.

I know it's not me that't the problem, it's the usual real-version-of-the-matirx if it was real, people play acting out RPG style roles and basicly being puppets for mind-control crap. Serious problem, see my post in another thread 'what's wrong with the Post Office' - there's been some kind of influx of really sick people since the days when it was way easier to just trade and sell as normal, without any agendas coming into play.

There's some kind of evil spiritual presense that hijacks great things and tries to control them for very sick ends, it's rife in and around message boards.
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

^^^ aah, just noticed you're the MPKAVMT (Member Previously Known As Various Myster Telstars)! ;)
Somehow you seem to live in a alternative (from mine) parallell universe where everything is evil or something. I thought I was paranoid, but you make me pale in comparison on this matter.

Lighten up, ok! Not everything is evil! :twisted: :D!
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!