Best version of the original Gex game?...

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

dave4shmups wrote:do you know for certain if either the ST-Key or the Action Replay will let you play American games on a Japanese Saturn?
Yes, they both do. The Saturn's cart slot has no region protection.

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/ST-01.html
The ST-Key allows the use of any NTSC or PAL Saturn game on any version of the console, which includes Europe, Japan, and the United States. Please note that the ST-Key does not have any additional functions or features and is only to be used as a territory converter.
I included the last sentence because you'll want to look into spending the extra money on a PAR 4-in-1 if you want to play those RAM cart games. I've heard that the save memory on the PARs is less than reliable.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Thanks Omega!

I only want the Action Replay for the RAM needed to play Metal Slug.
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

[quote="dave4shmups]How are Rayman 2 and 3, BTW? I own a DC, and I've read that the DC has the best port of Rayman 2.[/quote]

from what i played the DC version was superior. and as far as 3 goes, are you talking about Hoodlum Havok? if so, i'd say don't bother. i found it rather boring, and not a worthy sequel. the super-hero mechanic didn't work well and moreover it just lacked that charm that i loved so much from the previous games (and they added fully cast voice-actors :P can you picture John Leguizamo as Globox? neither can I.). however, in the spirit of trying things, you could probably find it for a few bucks to see for yourself.

NOTE: I actually tend to like John Leguizamo, by the way. i just think that voice-acting this series is a serious no-no. the gibberish was just perfect for the mood. i mean come on, think of Banjo-Kazooie with full voice-casting **shivers**
I have no sig whatsoever.