What happened to forum today?

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
qmish

What happened to forum today?

Post by qmish »

Glad to see it back.
NeoStrayCat

Re: What happened to forum today?

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Same here, I get that its running on ages old forum software (that's still being updated to this day, surprisingly enough). But yeah, it was some error that probably needed to get fixed on the backend.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Someone set up us the bomb?
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

I don't have the error info up anymore, but from the description I read it looked like the error was regarding a full hard drive on the server.
Last edited by pablumatic on Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

Old forums do tend to fill up with posts and then generate all kinds of weird errors.
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Sorry guys, I tried to post my new Mars Matrix score but there wasn't enough server space for all the digits.
KimagureMachibuse

Post by KimagureMachibuse »

I thought it was my internet goofing up but glad to know its not.
qmish

Post by qmish »

Post a screenshot or just copy text, please.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Master BLOODF was away from the manor, when a bird shat all over the patio - upon returning, he hosed it off like a responsible homeowner, and all was right once again at the shumps farm. ;3

Fin~
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

#blamethebydo
KimagureMachibuse

Post by KimagureMachibuse »

BulletMagnet wrote:#blamethebydo
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

qmish wrote:Post a screenshot or just copy text, please.
I can't be bothered to take a screenshot of a Twitter post, upload it to Imgur, then link to that image on Imgur, when I can simply link to the webhost's own Twitter account using a Twitter reader you don't need to be logged into in order to use which also, as a bonus, tells you where you can look for updates from the webhost in case of future outages.

Sorry if your ISP has Nitter blocked, if that's what your problem is.
qmish

Post by qmish »

1. yes, twitter can be blocked by this or that ISP
2. also twitter can die or something (e.g. Musk buys it and deletes all accounts), while this forum can live - so its good to have stuff on forum and not on twitter
3. fucking twitter doesnt let you browse much unless you are registered user. unlike forums and other sane shades of old internet before it degraded.

Also, it is expected that admins will come to forum and make an official statement on forum itself, rather then keeping details on "extra" place.
That's the common sense that i know as someone who uses web since early 00s. Dont you agree :roll:
, tells you where you can look for updates from the webhost in case of future outages.
If you mean system11's blog, then why the hell you dont link to it directly instead of twitter shit :twisted:

Are you zoomer who grew up on social networks and corporatate-ass owned web shit.0? lmao
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

If you mean system11's blog, then why the hell you dont link to it directly instead of twitter shit
Because, and you'd know this if you had read what he had posted on Twitter, he wasn't at home. And hence didn't post an update on his blog site which at any rate is generally used for his personal discussion of PCB repairs. It's not unreasonable to assume he could easily access Twitter on his phone but not his blog.
Also, it is expected that admins will come to forum and make an official statement on forum itself, rather then keeping details on "extra" place.
The forum wasn't even down for that long, like maybe 12 hours?. It's not like it was out for days or weeks. For a non-commercial hobby site it barely qualifies as an outage. Chill, dude.
qmish

Post by qmish »

Hard to chill when bump into many of consquences of huge internet's simplification and autismification which i notice during last decade.

And how people are now drug addicted to instagram-discord-twitter-facebook-whatever despite obvious shortcomings like worse interface and navigation or lack of informational hierarchy etc. etc.
I dont even mention how you all became dependant on some rich boy/corporation infrastruture who can disable it all by a snap of finger.
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

qmish wrote:Also, it is expected that admins will come to forum and make an official statement on forum itself, rather then keeping details on "extra" place.
That's the common sense that i know as someone who uses web since early 00s. Dont you agree

Forum ain't loadin
They hatin
Qmish bitching, cause a reboot left the DB dirty
(reboot left the DB dirty)
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

qmish wrote:1. yes, twitter can be blocked by this or that ISP
2. also twitter can die or something (e.g. Musk buys it and deletes all accounts), while this forum can live - so its good to have stuff on forum and not on twitter
3. fucking twitter doesnt let you browse much unless you are registered user. unlike forums and other sane shades of old internet before it degraded.

That's the common sense that i know as someone who uses web since early 00s. Dont you agree :roll:
, tells you where you can look for updates from the webhost in case of future outages.
If you mean system11's blog, then why the hell you dont link to it directly instead of twitter shit :twisted:

Are you zoomer who grew up on social networks and corporatate-ass owned web shit.0? lmao
qmish wrote:Hard to chill when bump into many of consquences of huge internet's simplification and autismification which i notice during last decade.

And how people are now drug addicted to instagram-discord-twitter-facebook-whatever despite obvious shortcomings like worse interface and navigation or lack of informational hierarchy etc. etc.
I dont even mention how you all became dependant on some rich boy/corporation infrastruture who can disable it all by a snap of finger.
This is a pretty epic meltdown to avoid clicking a single innocuous link. But you got Mortificator to cave, post the image, and explain it in Grammy-winning song form. So kudos, unorthodox strategy but it worked.