What your oldest unfulfilled preorder in gaming?

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
neorichieb1971

What your oldest unfulfilled preorder in gaming?

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I'm kinda confused because I downloaded an app which tracks all my preorders and tracking.

I have at least 3 games on preorder for an absolute age. The oldest is Wild Guns SNES (Oct 21), with Quake (Switch) and Windjammers 2 shortly after that. Also Mushimesama on Switch. None of them are fulfilled.

Last weekend I was browsing Switch games and I came across Windjammers 2 in a stall.

What do you think about companies taking your monies and not fulfilling the order within 12 months? What is driving this new trend? There seems to be no shortage of Switch cartridges on the shelves. Seems utterly ridiculous. I have not ordered other games. With ESP Galuda 2 coming up I am in 2 minds about ordering it. I can live without it but I'd rather have it, I just don't want another order on the unfulfilled list.

Taking a deposit is 1 thing, but taking the whole amount of not fulfilling it for a year, thats another.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Sumez

Re: What your oldest unfulfilled preorder in gaming?

Post by Sumez »

neorichieb1971 wrote: What do you think about companies taking your monies and not fulfilling the order within 12 months?
Pretty sure that's illegal most places outside of the US :D
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Yeah I stopped pre ordering stuff a few years back. Been burned on one for sure and probably a 2nd. If I see something that looks great I'll wait till it is in the hands of people and then buy it if I can.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
drauch

Post by drauch »

An old friend of mine pre-ordered Duke Nukem Forever in I believe 1999. He carried around that receipt in his wallet for at least 10 years.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Air Master Burst

Post by Air Master Burst »

I can't remember the last time I preordered a video game, but I had to wait 4 years and a change in companies for the Evil Dead 2 board game. I also currently have a few Gundam kit reprints that have been on preorder for well over a year now.
King's Field IV is the best Souls game.
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

I’ve only preordered one game in my life and it was the Turrican collection in August 2020. Still hasn’t shipped yet although I hear others are getting them now.

I preorder shit from amiami all the time but they don’t take payment until the item is in stock so fuck Strictly Limited.
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

It's funny how some no-name games get a regular budget physical release and others get scalper-laden limited pre-orders. I suspect there's equal parts exploiting genuine demand and collector gouging at work. I don't like it, but it's often the only way to get a physical release of something.

The past 2 years have been a unique situation though. I think a lot of smaller players have found themselves at the back of a queue and are unable to do anything about it - but you have to question who you want to do business with (especially when it comes to international shipping costs and restrictions). Crimzon Clover is sat on an end of the year release even though the game has been stable for ages - conversely Rolling Gunner (also long since stable) gets released almost as soon as Strictly Limited picked it up. The other trouble with lengthly pre-orders is will it come while you're away, sit on the doorstep and get nicked? Who knows, because release dates are often too vague. I'd rather have a concrete and overly pessimistic release date than "Q4 2022", which is fucking useless.

Turrican is probably the longest I've had on wait, which was part covid and part questionable development cycle (too many bugs + feature creep = software development hell by numbers). It hasn't put me off using Strictly Limited though, because they've been transparent the whole way. Sturmwind on Dreamcast might well have exceeded that, I honestly can't remember how long that took but I do remember how poor the publisher was at conveying anything and just went around saying "you can request a refund" instead of offering information.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I got my Quake tracking last night. Weird as soon as I complain somewhere something happens.

I don't get Windjammers though. Its already out and doesn't seem limited and costs less than the limited run game.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Merge-Games-37 ... 44137&th=1
RGC

Post by RGC »

It completely slipped my mind that I'd even ordered Crimzon Clover and Mushihemsama physical for Switch, it was that long ago. If LRG hadn't sent me a shipping update about Mushi a few days ago, they probably could have got away with keeping my money and not sending the goods. :/

Edit: If I'd known they were going to take this long I would have plumped for digital, especially CC.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Star Citizen
Marc

Post by Marc »

It was Turrican Anthology 7ntil this week.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

Steven wrote:Star Citizen
I'm guessing you pledged in kickstarter? Technically that's not a pre-order.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Some-Mist

Post by Some-Mist »

I used my best buy gamer club unlocked to preorder a buncha games to lock them in at $47 back in January 2019 before my sub expired. the two remaining are:
bayonetta 3
metroid prime 4
a creature... half solid half gas
RottenToTheGore

Post by RottenToTheGore »

Only current preorder I have is Pocky & Rocky on PS4, which I only did it for the plush :lol: Also preordered Zero Tolerance for a friend. From ordering to release date, should be about...7 or 8 months?

Think I forgot to get my $5 back for my Phantasy Star Trilogy preorder on PS2 that was cancelled back in 2008.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Indivisible. pre-order was a stretch goal

pretty sure I never got it.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

I preordered the PC version of Devil May Cry 3 at Gamestop waaaay back in the day. It didn't show up on the appointed day so I canceled and bought it at Best Buy instead. Sadly it was a shit port.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

I finally got my Steam Deck order notification, lolz
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Got my Windjammers 2 and Quake on the Switch.

I even got a Mushihimesama notification for the Switch.

That leaves just Wild Guns, which was the oldest order of them all. Coming up 10+ months now.

I will give up ordering most things limited now. By the time I get them I've moved onto other things.