Does Anyone Know Where to Buy the Billy Mitchell Hot Sauce?

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
kitten

Does Anyone Know Where to Buy the Billy Mitchell Hot Sauce?

Post by kitten »

thread title - "rickey's world famous hot sauce." after like, years and years of thinking about trying the sauce and only ever finding it either too expensive for a small bottle to taste or too ridiculous to spend a bunch on to order the bigger containers (and with plenty of opportunities to think about it given the ongoing internet phenomenon of billy's whole... deal), i finally spent like 15 bucks on a small bottle from amazon to sate this strange, undying curiosity. is it good? is it shit? is it worth it to spend that much on such a small bottle of hot sauce? i don't care, i've been thinking about it for *a goddamn eternity*, $15 was surely worth it to embark on this infernal quest that so beckoned at me.

anyway, i finally got it, right? it slaps. i love it. it's great. not my very favorite hot sauce for general purpose (i probably still use crystal on more things, though i like a good variety of hot sauces to choose from), but if you like tabasco, it has a similar but more robust flavor without being watery, cheap garbage. incredibly thick pepper mesh and general consistency, a true louisiana sauce without the milder flavor you tend to expect from one. naturally, this is a sauce you want to use on wings (not a favorite of mine but something i'd love to share with friends and family - wings are a crowd pleaser), so buying a large quantity, like one of those jugs - which i know is an item that gets sold at least in florida, was at least once sold in its sam's club wholesale stores - is something now on my priority list.

however, i can't find anything but the smaller bottles sold online and for the same high prices, and the 800hotsauce.com website, which previously offered a somewhat flimsy storefront from which maybe a human being could have ordered these sauces, now seems to be some sort... weird... wordpress? deranged copy-pasted text about how the sauce is world famous? it almost seems like what would happen to a website if websites caught dementia.

i want a large quantity of this sauce for a reasonable price. someone find that for me. please. i don't know where to ask, honestly. do i seriously ask if someone in florida has it stocked in their sam's club and pay them to ship it? is that insane? i just want to make wings with this sauce. i'm beginning to become worried that this sauce is some sort of albatross, a consuming neurosis that will end me in some magnificent way.

how the fuck does anyone think about a banal, insane, egotistical, as-american-as-killing-your-neighbor-for-a-dollar liar's hot sauce for this long and then get it and... really like it? i am being tortured. his sauce is seriously great. it would make killer wings. it's a perfect gift for family. god knows with all my fucking politics that if something is good, i'll still put my tongue to the knob of capitalism and lubricate it for it to more softly, frictionlessly fuck my ethics. god knows i probably give mother fuckers worse than billy a hell of a lot more money when i eat at a fast food place or shop at a chain grocer's or whatever. fuck it, i want this sauce lol.
~Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Image | Image
~*~*~*~*~*~* If there's a place that I could be ~ Then I'd be another memory *~*~*~*~*~*~
Sumez

Re: Does Anyone Know Where to Buy the Billy Mitchell Hot Sau

Post by Sumez »

Always wanted to taste one.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Did it taste fine in the beginning but then there was a weird glitch in the middle and then it became amazing?
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Hm, if you want to preserve your ethnics and wallet by patronizing a more different kind of capitalist scum, you can make this stuff yourself very trivially.
Ingredients wrote:Louisiana Aged Red Cayenne Peppers, Vinegar Garlic and Salt.
Just like tabasco "sauce"*, all it is, is peppers mixed together with vinegar, with a light sprinkling of spices thrown on top. Throw the peppers and vinegar into a blender, push the button, pour it through a strainer and you've done the exact same thing they did to make this stuff. (The only other possible thing you can do is throw the peppers on top of a frying pan or something, but I've personally found this to weaken the spiciness of jalapenos. Capsaicin doesn't seem to liek that.) You can google for more in-depth instructions on how to make tabasco sauce, it shouldn't be out of reach for you at all.

Due to the vinegar acting as an embalming agent, this mix should not rot for a fairly long time.

(Note that actual salsa with tomatoes and no vinegar like you see in restaurants can not be bought in stores. A blended tomato is a ripe surface for bacteria - in restaurants the #1 place to find e. coli is the salsa.)

* (as a sauceror, I really hate using that word for such a base mixture. A sauce should be editable as its own meal imo.)
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

nah, tobasco is a fermented chilli sauce. you blitz the chilli's add salt then let that ferment for however long. the vinegar will just be added at the end to make it more shelf stable.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

I worry about how ingredients taste together. The sauce isn't soup and I have no expectations that you'll eat it individually.

Although, I admit I don't necessarily consider "grilling" as real cooking. Tossing red meat on the grill straight of the package, drowning it with sauce, and tossing in into a boring, store bought, cheap, flat, bleached flour and sugar white "bun" is going to be mediocre.

Probably want to marinate the meat, top with spices, and smoke/grill it first, then make a sauce to compliment your wood and spice decisions.
We apologise for the inconvenience
kitten

Post by kitten »

bryan - yeah, what immryr said. fermenting & correct amounts surely makes this a lot more difficult. there is a lot of information out there for chili heads to get to fermenting their own sauces, but that's an investment i'm sure turns into a pretty big rabbit hole. i also don't have much of a problem buying from billy, honestly, despite the self-deprecating comedy bit. guy's a scumfuck but my money is already going in enough dubious directions just by existing in society that i'd rather not make where i bother getting up in arms over one admittedly really pathetic guy who at the very least does make a quality sauce. i have a sodastream machine in my house whose proprietary cans i regularly refill so i can make my hyper-carbonated, hyper-acerbic lemon seltzers that i love so much, and that means i'm more or less on a zionist donation train. the world is a wickedly evil place and i'd rather be happy than start losing my mind discovering the endless number of ways i'm funding active suffering or at least continued propaganda that the engine isn't here to minimize and eat us all.

i mean, anyway, there are way bigger convenience bullets i bite than sticking one to poor billy. if i can't make the life adjustments to make the big guys suffer i'm not going to make any littler guys suffer unless they're out there beating trannies to death or something otherwise as appallingly close to home. even when it comes to bigger corporations, it's probably more ethical to eat from chik-fil-a than taco bell at this point given changes in policy and management, but lord knows every other cocksucking leftist out there still has some sort of soft spot for that repurposed cardboard being sold as taco meat and a chip on their shoulder that chik-fil-a closes on sundays (th... that's christian!! - the one religion we're still allowed to hate that isn't zionist judaism!!) and was donating gay-hating money some years ago.
~Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Image | Image
~*~*~*~*~*~* If there's a place that I could be ~ Then I'd be another memory *~*~*~*~*~*~
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Immryr wrote:nah, tobasco is a fermented chilli sauce. you blitz the chilli's add salt then let that ferment for however long. the vinegar will just be added at the end to make it more shelf stable.
yeah, adding that step helps a long way toward their goal of the stuff tasting like vinegar with a couple seeds floating around in it. I don't really get why they don't dispel with the theatrics and just squirt the vinegar on food directly. I won't judge* - I'm an advocate of using pure spirits as a condiment on ice cream after all.

* lies
kitten

Post by kitten »

bryan are u an enemy of vinegar? D:
Image | Image
wht11

Post by wht11 »

kitten wrote:his sauce is seriously great. it would make killer wings. it's a perfect gift for family.
You really think so? I kinda felt like this too you know. Bored for a longer while, okay let's hit shmups11, a nice classic forum. Not many like that left and sorta close to finding something to do, I like danmaku. So let's do it the right way: ask something, bring something up and go for the crack. All done nice and smooth.

In the end a lot of interesting people around, why not just keep the gold account... Still bored, nothing to do. I'll allow myself a remark at this point: there's sort of a folklore going on how honest people die first. No, greedy people die first.

On second inspection I may well found something to do for a while, with that please feel free to chat just as you like, a wonderful community indeed.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

am i losing my mind here? are wht11 and orange808 bots? orange's post seems like it's directly replying to some post which doesn't exist, and wht11's is just nonsense.

is it just me?
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Immryr wrote:am i losing my mind here? are wht11 and orange808 bots? orange's post seems like it's directly replying to some post which doesn't exist, and wht11's is just nonsense.

is it just me?
I've started completely ignoring wht11's posts for that reason...
wht11

Post by wht11 »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:
Immryr wrote:am i losing my mind here? are wht11 and orange808 bots? orange's post seems like it's directly replying to some post which doesn't exist, and wht11's is just nonsense.

is it just me?
Okay, I'll try translate this very simple: "aww shit, what a waste of a month."
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

even if that is a possible reading of what you have written, which is a bit of a stretch, how does it in any way respond to what you have quoted, or even the thread at all?
wht11

Post by wht11 »

Immryr wrote:even if that is a possible reading of what you have written, which is a bit of a stretch, how does it in any way respond to what you have quoted, or even the thread at all?
You expecting another book from me on this? It does plain in sight, if you're not focusing on the matters that were discussed what are you even here for?
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Not a bot. l just don't particularly like tasteless meat from a gas grill smothered with a "one size fits all" sauce that is specifically engineered to hide the lazy and boring way the meat was "prepared". We all eat plenty of bad meals, but I learned the difference between eating and dining in my old age.
We apologise for the inconvenience
wht11

Post by wht11 »

orange808 wrote:Not a bot. l just don't particularly like tasteless meat from a gas grill smothered with a "one size fits all" sauce that is specifically engineered to hide the lazy and boring way the meat was "prepared". We all eat plenty of bad meals, but I learned the difference between eating and dining in my old age.
That may be but what it doesn't account for were my motives to join this forum in the first place. Of course only I could know what they were exactly, that goes without saying, however I did indicate a few things and now it seems to me some understood but maybe... not all?

Funny as it was we all have to respect our time, after over a month I can see everyone here is too busy for the time to help me fixing a few minor details I asked about on shmup chat. I'll see in future if I can contribute anything else here but for the moment it is indeed lazy (but not that lazy to not have looked into ISC myself there before just asking for help).

Last but not least important, to stay on topic: nowhere, not for sale. It is indeed quite poor, neutral, humble and modest. The reward for a request is the request itself, with the minimum standards of being coherent and absolute minimum on ethic (against mind but not against lebensraum).
Last edited by wht11 on Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drauch

Post by drauch »

wht11 wrote:
orange808 wrote:Not a bot. l just don't particularly like tasteless meat from a gas grill smothered with a "one size fits all" sauce that is specifically engineered to hide the lazy and boring way the meat was "prepared". We all eat plenty of bad meals, but I learned the difference between eating and dining in my old age.
That may be but what it doesn't account for were my motives to join this forum in the first place.
Yeah, because he's talking about fucking hot sauce.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

I kinda like wht11's posts in a sort of twisted way : adds a chaotic and weird vibe to the forums
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
wht11

Post by wht11 »

FinalBaton wrote:I kinda like wht11's posts in a sort of twisted way : adds a chaotic and weird vibe to the forums
Yeah, doesn't it? And to all bullshitting a bit, what do you expect if not a fast food just to find at least one more reason to stay a bit longer? This place is do damn boring to start of it, for god's sake it's a crypt. Scored one though, that Eden Aegis run over 300M is really something to look into.
Hoagtech

Post by Hoagtech »

Immryr wrote: Immryr:

am i losing my mind here? are wht11 and orange808 bots? orange's post seems like it's directly replying to some post which doesn't exist, and wht11's is just nonsense.

is it just me?
Steamflogger Boss wrote: Steamflogger Boss

Copyright 1987
wht11

Post by wht11 »

Steamflogger Boss

@Kitten

It looks like it has quit being made. You can get it from third party sellers on amazon or ebay but I'm not seeing it stocked at stores anymore.
Last edited by Steamflogger Boss on Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wht11

Post by wht11 »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:@Kitten

It looks like it quit being made. You can get it from third party sellers on amazon or ebay but I'm not seeing it stocked at stores anymore.
And what do you think about the stuff at stores? It's sub-par quality for years, not too convincing either.
kitten

Post by kitten »

oh, wow, i finally made a thread that becomes "one of those threads." i'm in the big leagues. it's out of my hands, now, folks. god bless everyone for coming and may we get at least another page of whatever this has become lmao. if everyone could look back on me fondly as the OP who just wanted to buy some god damned hot sauce here five, ten years from now when your bil or your GP are linking it in this that reminiscence thread... - i'd like that. i hope i stay alive in your hearts. :mrgreen:

steamflogger - you're killing me. i really hope this isn't true and there's some sort of method of distribution that still exists - afaik his restaurants are his income and if covid killed rickey's world famous hot sauce after i finally try it and like it i'm going to... i don't know. have a frustratingly silly story to tell people? some funny anecdotes? god damn you, billy mitchell, you swindled donkey kong scores from the world and now you've swindled my very feelings ;__;
Image | Image
kitten

Post by kitten »

dude are you okay
Image | Image
Steamflogger Boss

kitten wrote:
steamflogger - you're killing me. i really hope this isn't true and there's some sort of method of distribution that still exists - afaik his restaurants are his income and if covid killed rickey's world famous hot sauce after i finally try it and like it i'm going to... i don't know. have a frustratingly silly story to tell people? some funny anecdotes? god damn you, billy mitchell, you swindled donkey kong scores from the world and now you've swindled my very feelings ;__;
Yeah I'm not sure. I couldn't find it anywhere outside of those two sites. I found a sam's club link to a page for a ONE GALLON JUG of it but it was not available.
wht11

Post by wht11 »

drauch wrote:Yeah, because he's talking about fucking hot sauce.
Yes, exactly. But I laid it down very nicely start finish what I came here for. Good one it was, in my book.
Hoagtech

Post by Hoagtech »

https://www.amazon.com/Rickeys/b/ref=bl ... Rickey%27s

It's still around. I prefer "Melinda's"..
Copyright 1987