What pcb!!!!

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Ddshot

What pcb!!!!

Post by Ddshot »

So I’ve been saving a lot!and I’m ready to buy a special pcb question is if you gonna wak a huge amount on a pcb which game do you pick!!!theres so many great cave,raizing titles I finding it hard to choose.btw if your selling a great title let me know[THUMBS UP SIGN]
This would be a one off purchase,I just got a candy cab and want a game that is gonna be a awsome experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Immryr

Re: What pcb!!!!

Post by Immryr »

this seems like a weird thing to ask. if you're going to spend a bunch of money on a pcb, buy a game that you love. one you will be happy playing over and over again. no one else can tell you what this is....
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

Immryr wrote:this seems like a weird thing to ask. if you're going to spend a bunch of money on a pcb, buy a game that you love. one you will be happy playing over and over again. no one else can tell you what this is....
Not sure you know what I mean,Well there’s games I spent hundreds of hours on like ddp,battle garrega then games I have never ever played like muchi muchi pork,Ibara.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BIL

Post by BIL »

Something that lacks a great home conversion (and isn't getting one soon) is my general rule with these things, besides being a game I want to play OFC. :smile:
SuperDeadite

Post by SuperDeadite »

Yeah, get something you love. One of my firsts was Splatterhouse. Its an easy clear, but so much fun. Even after close to 10 years of ownership, it still goes in the cab every other month.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Ddshot wrote:
Immryr wrote:this seems like a weird thing to ask. if you're going to spend a bunch of money on a pcb, buy a game that you love. one you will be happy playing over and over again. no one else can tell you what this is....
Not sure you know what I mean,Well there’s games I spent hundreds of hours on like ddp,battle garrega then games I have never ever played like muchi muchi pork,Ibara.
I can't tell you what you'll like, and I think Ibara especially is such a unique game that it's hard to recommend to anyone who hasn't tried it.
But I think out of all the Cave games I've spent too much dough on, that game is probably the one that I felt had the most to give. There's just so much going on in it that it never felt like I was playing exactly the same game twice. It's a real fun game to just play around with even if you are not going for a high score. And the presentation is just through the roof, but then again that goes for quite a lot of Cave shooters.

I really don't recommend investing in any expensive game unless you know what you're getting into though.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Buy a game you've tried, that you know you enjoy or love, but haven't played that much and want to get good at. That way you'll have a game you know you want to invest time in. Bonus points if it's a game that has no other ports or is emulated poorly.

Buying a PCB of a game you know nothing about is a bad idea unless you're prepared for potential disappointment.
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

Why not another cab, though? I know I would like to own SCUD Race and Monkey Ball, if I had money to burn and place to store them in. On the other hand, those may not be easily sold further, should you need that money and space back. So I think it would be somewhat like a marriage...
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

I feel you Ddshot.

Nowadays I'm not really spending serious money on game stuff (would rather put it towards after-market solutions like a MiSTer, multi-board, ODE, or some other mod). Lord knows I used to. At least, it was serious money back then. The way prices are now is insane (is this the real inflation?)

My fav boards are prob Bakraid and Batrider. Would never pay the current market price. Wish I would have cop'd Dragon Blaze or Dodonpachi DOJ (and OG) back in the day.

At this point I've just accepted that while I may be able to raise money for a thing, gaining more space is a bit out of reach atm.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Sumez wrote: I can't tell you what you'll like, and I think Ibara especially is such a unique game that it's hard to recommend to anyone who hasn't tried it.

Oh shit. Best way to play without shelling out for PCB?
Anyone know if it can be emulated decently?
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

AFAIK emulation of Ibara is fairly correct. It's one of the few Cave games where slowdown isn't really important to the experience. There are a few stages that slow down (most notably the train stage), but they play perfectly fine without it.

Honestly the PS2 port isn't as bad as people say (and probably also emulates fine, dunno). It doesn't have the slowdown, but its worst offense is being 480i, and I believe it's integer scaled in tate mode?
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

My problem with Ibara's graphics isn't the upscaled, interlaced PS2 port (ugly as is, but DDP DOJ in 240p is also ugly, so I blame the poorly pre-rendered art job). On the other hand, I've never had much problem with upscaling & interlacing in Psikyo or ADK collections for PS2 (wasn't Garou: Mark of the Wolves also 480i on PS2?), so I would say PS2 port's 480i is HARDLY Ibara's biggest graphical offense.

The last two sprite-based shmups that I thought lived up to the genre's heyday's standards VISUALLY, to me, were: Gradius Galaxies and Hydorah. Those two look like made to be displayed in late nineteen-eighties/early nineteen-nineties arcades. And the last pre-rendered 2D shmup that did not look cheap to me was Dragon Blaze.

In other words, look at the PS2 RayForce port, then PS2 Ibara port on the same CRT, BOTH 480i, unlike their arcade originals, then ask yourselves which has a bigger problem with what, graphically.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Ibara looks amazingly good, I can't imagine criticizing it's graphical style if that's what you're on about? :P