The Cancel Culture thread! WOO!

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
BryanM

Re: The Cancel Culture thread! WOO!

Post by BryanM »

.......... : (

It's more fun, but that's what makes it more effective. You'll have your gas chambers with posters of stuff like that in the lobby.

Some of the dumbest people in comment sections salivating over the in-fighting the primary has brought, like it's gonna harm them in any way. It's always a big fight, and when the memers grind the suits into dust, that doesn't make them weaker. That's them cutting their dead weight: few want to live in a grim and dour fantasy world. They want a fun fantasy world full of variety, that distracts them from pesky shitty reality.

The knots you have to contort yourself into to make up a story explaining why everything is perfectly fine. Just imagine how these people will react should we reach the point of car culture collapse, backsliding into bicycles and horses. They've long since fused to the couch glued to cable news, they're worried about some other guy dying his hair blue and wearing a pair of panties.... and all the while, they're fused. To their couch.

.... so f'n fat.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Sengoku Strider wrote:>>ALTERNATIVELY<<

A small but loud minority of pampered, bored North Americans and Europeans were frustrated by being called out on their obvious hypocrisy and sociopathic retrograde views.

So they decided to call everyone else Nazis instead. Endless war! Dopamine galore! And so convenient - now you can fight the Nazis on your phone! :o

----

Unfortunately neither logic nor first world constitutions were on their side
Neither logic nor first world constitutions support keeping male rapists out of female prisons, you say? Fucking hell - I'm no fan of the Scotch, but that's a bit of a burn even for me.

Etc etc etc. Logic and first-world constitutions demand we teach preschoolers proper anal prep. Logic and first-world constitutions demand we take a knee for collective guilt. LAFWC demand unlimited immigration to the point the country's NHS and literal sewer systems collapse.

If I could make this all about me for a sec (sorry Bryan 3;) - the thing about principle is that it transcends convenience. I don't mind being called a hateful bigot for ripping on the ghouls who promote these ideas, just like I rip on their reactionary counterparts. Because I know my own heart, and like most people, I've an abundance not of hate, but love. When someone cries out in dismay at my actions, even when I think they're in the wrong, my instinct is to stop. It's why I feel bad telling even relatively anonymous faces like you and MM that you're pissing up the same tribalist rope.

However, even principle has to abide by reality. And so those less fortunate than I am - I'm a dual citizen with the option of fucking off back home, to a place dominated by views not at all unlike those of the actual Nazis, on things like gay rights, access to abortion, and freedom of expression - can find themselves out of work, separated from their children, and in the UK's case, imprisoned for sharing the same "Nazi" views.

There isn't remotely the same phenomenon occurring in reverse. Nobody's being fired or jailed for taking a knee in solidarity with black criminals. Nor should they be, in case I need to add that.
BryanM wrote:they're worried about some other guy dying his hair blue and wearing a pair of panties.... and all the while, they're fused. To their couch.

.... so f'n fat.
Bryan, didn't you tell me you'd decided on anti-natalism a while back? I don't blame you, it's a goddamned shitshow, but I'm sure you'd agree it's a lot easier to ignore the transvestite clapping his cheeks in your child's face when your child doesn't exist. Apologies if I've misunderstood, faceless eldritch void of internet and all. 3;

Not meaning to come down hard on transvestites as a hobby demographic; again, where I'm from, it's a challenge to keep local thugs from burning them to death in their homes, along with a whole swathe of other non-heternormatives. The first world really doesn't appreciate how remarkably de-Nazified it is compared to the third world and its myriad ultraviolent shitholes.
Last edited by BIL on Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

emphatic wrote:Wokeism is a racist cult.
Worth repeating this is what DeSantis' lawyers said when forced to define "woke" in court:
The belief there are systemic injustices in American society and the need to address them.
In other words:

What is the opposite of "woke?" Oh right, "sleep."

Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

BIL wrote:Etc etc etc. Logic and first-world constitutions demand we teach preschoolers proper anal prep. Logic and first-world constitutions demand we take a knee for collective guilt. LAFWC demand unlimited immigration to the point the country's NHS collapses.
Those are current issues, and not the sort of thing I'm referencing here. I'm talking about old grind-axes like "I should be allowed to tell black people who apply for jobs where I work or who try to move into my neighourhood to fuck off, with torches if necessary" or "the gays are sexual degenerates that need to be stuffed back in the closet for the safety of the children." When those battles kept getting lost over & over in courts, people who beat their chest about personal freedom and defending the constitution to the death didn't adjust their positions, they retreated into la-la land and coded speech.

Like, if you're genuinely furious that amputees are allowed to have their own Lego, you're just a huge asshole. But nobody is, and that's not what it's really about. It's that they see disability advocates as associated with leftism, leftism as associated with gay-ism, and gay-ism as associated with their old football buddies discovering that Justin Bieber gives them a half-chub and being mocked and ostracized. Er, with Western civilization collapsing.
If I could make this all about me for a sec (sorry Bryan 3;) - the thing about principle is that it transcends temporary convenience. I don't mind being called a hateful bigot for ripping on the ghouls who promote these ideas, just like I rip on their reactionary counterparts. Because I know my own heart, and frankly, my problem isn't an abundance of hate, but love. When someone cries out in dismay at my actions, my instinct is to stop what I'm doing. It's why I feel bad telling even relatively anonymous faces like you and MM that you're pissing up the same tribalist rope.
Aside from general positions on human rights and unions as a necessary counterbalance to corporate lobby groups, I've become a bit too cynical about politics and human status hierarchies to glue myself to a particular tribe or think that anyone's got The Big Answer. It's why I find solace in the LOLs, it's the only sane response left to a world structured to cater to Machiavellian adult children.

I'm the type of guy who'd love to see the other side and identify with reasonable conservatives. I'll get called out IRL for pointing out that some radical position or another rests on a counter-productive fallacy. Not because I'm a contrarian, but because I'd rather see energy go into addressing problems that are real with solutions that will actually work, not just function as a frustration valve. But the problem is that even reasonable conservatives have a hard time identifying with conservatives anymore. Guys with any self-awareness like Tom Nichols are endlessly exasperated by the state of things.
However, even principle has to abide by reality. And so those less fortunate than I am - I'm a dual citizen with the option of fucking off back home, to a place dominated by views not at all unlike those of the actual Nazis on things like gay rights and freedom of expression - can find themselves out of work, separated from their children, and in the UK's case, imprisoned for sharing the same "Nazi" views.

There isn't remotely the same phenomenon occurring in reverse. Nobody's being fired or jailed for taking a knee in solidarity with black criminals. Nor should they be, in case I need to add that.
But that's the whole institutional racism argument. The same phenomenon not only has been occurring, it's been the general state of affairs throughout modern history. That's the side that has all the ammo in its debate drum, which is why right wingers were reduced to arguing that academia's been taken over by evil Satanic leftists. No, it's just that once you look at the actual sources and figures there simply wasn't much of another side to argue for. Believe me, if über-nerds thought they could make a name for themselves in a precarious and competitive academic market by effectively arguing the right wing stance, they'd be doing it en masse and succeeding wildly at it. University administrators are deeply pro-money; maintaining ivy-covered 200 year old buildings is not cheap, and they all want multi-million dollar salaries. Infuriating corporate donors and rich-guy alumni does not help to accomplish that.

>BUT<

What I will say is that you won't ever catch me arguing for a second that there aren't people who use social justice issues as a cudgel to work out their life's frustrations with, or as an ethical-hierarchy status signifier, or just for attention, or for a grift.

Or that there are people who are just fucking crazy assholes and getting away with it because centrist politicians don't want the optics of the legal battle.
Spoiler
The issue at hand is that those cases aren't what the bigger fight is really about. Nobody on the mass culture-level right is like "These anarcho-feminists are taking things too far, I'm more of an Eva Kolstad kind of guy." There's zero engagement with the actual ideas, or how they might line up with their own professed deeply-held beliefs. It's always bad-faith generalizations and slippery slope arguments saying they all need to just shut up and go away. It's framed as a crazy dumb weirdo whole that needs to be dismissed out of hand entirely. Which leads to reasonable voices being strangled, and stuff like this somehow entering 21st century mainstream debate:

And you can say "Ah, but Sengoku Strider, don't YOU do that? Try to misrepresent the fringe as the flag bearers to advance your position?" But the answer is no, this stuff is as gripping to me as it is precisely because of how the Overton window on the right has shifted off into the Phantom Zone, and the crazies have been allowed the run of the asylum. The US is the worst for this, but due to the prevalence of American digital media it's seeped into the debate here in Canada as well.

When the Freedom Convoy took over Ottawa last year, one of the main organizers' husbands was in court arguing that he was protesting because his first amendment rights were being taken away; the Canadian Constitution does indeed have a first amendment, but it declares that Manitoba is officially a province. The new leader of the Conservative Party of Canada is a social media troll who thinks the country should switch to bitcoin because of a YouTube video he watched. The new premier of Alberta, Canada's Texas, ran on a platform of stopping the World Economic Forum from ruling the country, and of passing an act to nullify any powers or laws of the national government in the province. These things to me do not seem like the harbingers of a healthy future for our snowy social democracy.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Sengoku Strider wrote:
BIL wrote:However, even principle has to abide by reality. And so those less fortunate than I am - I'm a dual citizen with the option of fucking off back home, to a place dominated by views not at all unlike those of the actual Nazis on things like gay rights and freedom of expression - can find themselves out of work, separated from their children, and in the UK's case, imprisoned for sharing the same "Nazi" views.

But that's the whole institutional racism argument. The same phenomenon not only has been occurring, it's been the general state of affairs throughout modern history.
I'm not sure if you understand how literal I'm being. It's my fault, this place is fucked beyond belief.

How to get arrested and dragged away to jail while your house is ransacked without a warrant: a guide.

Step One
Spoiler

Step Two
Spoiler

Ah, now there's the face of reason. And by "reason," I mean "the dead-eyed indifference that saw German family men dashing babies' skulls against trees on the Eastern Front."

https://mercatornet.com/the-full-force- ... ter/81139/

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey ... e-16005190

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/poli ... 98106.html

There have been many analogues for those who, say, object to the unchecked immigration that's steadily destroying London's sewer system, never mind its health services, or the deification of African American criminals that was all the rage in 2020. In a watershed of sorts, the latter died off when the #1 media darling got her brains blown out by spray n' praying gangsters at a late night do. Thirty eyewitnesses and not a peep, case fell apart. Other than her mother's wail of disbelief, where was the outrage, the self-interrogation amongst the community?

I could ask the same re: the murder of white children by white gangsters in Liverpool. People know, and say nothing. It's like that back home too, in the inner cities, but then their cops are corrupt killers who answer only to their paymasters, so you understand why the poor might keep their distance. England? These mincing pussies they call cops? Pfff.

I would happily bet you a whole ham sammich that I'd only face police caution for speaking out on the former act of collective cowardice. Not that I would. I'm going to leave this madhouse when my contract's up and never come back.

Again to be clear: if the inverse was happening, and Random Mum was being hauled away for criticising parents who deny their gender-dysphoric children surgical interventions, I'd find it just as grotesque. The nearest I can find is the occasional Sharia Patrol being collared for their charming "If you stay gay you will pay" posters, promising bloody retribution on the haraam. Which is a literal criminal offence, ie fucking threatening to kill people, so not the best equivalent.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Hey, remember all the times I said in this thread that trans people were the canaries in the coalmine? That as soon as conservatives stripped queer people of their rights they were coming for straights next?

The Tennessee House Just Passed a Bill Completely Gutting Marriage Equality
The bill could allow county clerks to deny marriage licenses to same-sex, interfaith, or interracial couples in Tennessee.

You read that correctly, interfaith or interracial too.

And it's not like this was unexpected, this was all stated as next on the chopping block in the dicta when SCOTUS overturned Roe vs. Wade.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BIL

Post by BIL »

As much as I shit on England, it does mostly have its separation of church and state down pat. From a glance at that bill, it appears to overextend freedom of conscience beyond the orthodox priest or imam or rabbi, to include the civil servant behind the counter at city hall.

Which is fucked up, of course. Like Ireland's infamous abortion legislation. That place being a backwards shithole, much like great swathes of Murica.

I'm a bit bewildered by the current obsession with crowbarring adult entertainment into children's spaces, and by extension, into matters like this one (the linked article goes on to mention drag show licensing). At a glance, I would think this lot were agent provocateurs, angling for a hard rebound to the right.

Reading their arguments, though, it seems they're quite determined to clap their cheeks in small children's faces. And so I tentatively ascribe a politically diametric but similarly underhand motive: to hijack vastly more universal causes. Want gay and interfaith/interracial (oof, I hate that we still need to use this word; feels like something an existential war with aliens would fix...) couples to retain their civil rights? The Rainbow Dildo Butt-Monkey is part of the package.

Sorry - the "Medelsome Monkey" (sic), to give him his proper name. (this was for a children's literacy initiative - you see why I suspect it's all a psyop?)

Have I missed something? I try to select words carefully, and "bewildered" up top is used very much so. I also try not to do harm, particularly having grown up in a violently intolerant society, which as a favoured son felt like that Buster Keaton stunt where the falling house misses him while demolishing everything in his proximity. It's not out of ill will that I tend to raise an eyebrow at this stuff; I genuinely don't think conflating the fundamental with the outre is helpful to vulnerable minorities. Just a small pocket of buttmonkeys.

---

H... hewwo? 3: There is an answer here, right?

Spoiler

It's only me, your favourite mangy stray with a wallet bursting with handy race cards. Just in time for St. Paddy's day this Friday!

Well, pending enlightenment, I went looking for an explanation on Drag Queen Story Hour (DQSH)'s ubiquity as of late; and perhaps even some idea of why Parents Are Nazis, Maaaan, for objecting to strange men queering it up on their three-to-eight year-olds.

Produced in cooperation with DQSH, this paper proved most illuminating on both counts.
Early Childhood Filth wrote:
Spoiler
In this article, we explore the pedagogical contributions of a programme called Drag Queen Story Hour (DQSH) as a form of queer imagining in an early childhood context. Through this programme, drag artists have channelled their penchant for playfully “‘reading’ each other to filth” into different forms of literacy, promoting storytelling as integral to queer and trans communities, as well as positioning queer and trans cultural forms as valuable components of early childhood education. We are guided by the following question: what might Drag Queen Story Hour offer educators as a way of bringing queer ways of knowing and being into the education of young children?
The paper declares as its wellspring the works of late queer theorist José Esteban Muñoz, in particular "Cruising Utopia;" an eminently germane preface, excerpted here.
On The Future wrote:
Spoiler
Queerness is not yet here. Queerness is an ideality. Put another way, we are not yet queer. We may never touch queerness, but we can feel it as the warm illumination of a horizon imbued with potentiality. We have never been queer, yet queerness exists for us as an ideality that can be distilled from the past and used to imagine a future. The future is queerness’s domain. Queerness is a structuring and educated mode of desiring that allows us to see and feel beyond the quagmire of the present. The here and now is a prison house.
On Inter-Generational Transmission wrote:
Spoiler
Alongside the dismal toll of death, what many of us have lost is a culture of sexual possibility: back rooms, tea rooms, movie houses, and baths; the trucks, the piers, the ramble, the dunes. Sex was everywhere for us, and everything we wanted to venture: Golden showers and water sports, cock sucking and rimming, fucking and fist fucking. Now our untamed impulses are either proscribed once again or shielded from us by latex.

It has been seven years since the zenith of AIDS cultural criticism when Crimp wrote these words. One thing that has become clear at this moment in the epidemic is that the ideal spaces and practices that Crimp described never completely ceased to be. During the age of AIDS gay men have managed to maintain our queer sex, our spaces, and, to some lesser degree, the incredible sense of possibility that Crimp evokes.

At this juncture, commercial sex spaces (backrooms, movie theaters, bathhouses) are weathering a new round of attacks from both the repressive state power apparatus and reactionary, sex-negative elements of the gay community. Despite these eruptions of antisex and homophobic policings, many gay men have managed to maintain the practices that Crimp lists, as they have been translated in the age of safer sex.

Negotiated risks and other tactical decisions have somewhat modified these sexual impulses without entirely stripping them away. Although the moment that Crimp describes is a moment that is behind us, its memory, its ghosts, and the ritualized performances of transmitting its vision of utopia across generational divides still fuels and propels our political and erotic lives: it still nourishes the possibility of our current, actually existing gay lifeworld.
With all of this ardent talk of restructuring and transmission, and the paper's declaration of "young children" as a fertile new frontier, a certain word is coming to mind re: DQSH. V... vec... hmm. Well, onto the paper, which fellow curious skeptics are entreated to read in full.
On Self-Preservation wrote:
Spoiler
Schooling plays a central role in shaping how the public learns the behaviours considered necessary for survival. At the same time as each of us learn gendered scripts, we also learn about the consequences of diverting from them. What happens when you don’t learn the lines of your assigned script? What if you decide to improv? What if it’s just not possible for you to adhere to a script you didn’t write? Simply put, you are punished. Within and beyond schools, gender transgression is policed early in life, taking a range of forms that include social ostracism, psycho-medical pathologization, the denial of access to life-preserving resources, physical violence, or even death. The stakes are high, and they are often unpredictable. The spectacle of these kinds of punishment, in turn, incentivizes conformity with a normative gender script.

A closer look at knowledge production within queer and trans communities is necessary for considering educational tactics that might open possibilities towards a less violent society.
Makes sense. Why liberate your ocean view from that obstinate tree by pruning its tangled limbs, when you can rip the fucker out at its roots? Soil erosion be damned.
On Subverting The Family wrote:
Spoiler
Queer worldmaking, including political organizing, has long been a project driven by desire. It is, in part, enacted through art forms like fashion, theatre, and drag. We believe that DQSH offers an invitation towards deeper public engagement with queer cultural production, particularly for young children and their families. It may be that DQSH is “family friendly,” in the sense that it is accessible and inviting to families with children, but it is less a sanitizing force than it is a preparatory introduction to alternate modes of kinship. Here, DQSH is “family friendly” in the sense of “family” as an old-school queer code to identify and connect with other queers on the street.
Gotta get 'em young, as the priests and pimps and paramilitaries would affirm.
On Sexualising Children wrote:
Spoiler
Lil Miss Hot Mess’s picture book The Hips on the Drag Queen Go Swish, Swish, Swish encourages kids to move their hips in ways often coded as effeminate. This not only breaks the taboo of acting effeminate or identifying with queer figures, but also opens space for children to study drag as a source of creative inspiration. Classroom teachers might similarly work to address children’s feelings of shame by highlighting the arbitrariness of norms, treating the disconnect between individual experience and institutional expectation as an important site of knowledge production to guide change.
My Lorne Armstrong Detector is pinging like crazy, but that can't be right, he's dumb, and these people are clearly very very smart.
On Boundaries wrote:
Spoiler
In preschool, when many children are recently toilet-trained, a source of pride is quickly made into something shameful at school – poop is private and not to be discussed here. DQSH dethrones the serious by taking toilet humour out of the bathroom and into public space, aligning with a common childhood experience by laughing with them at a stigmatized topic, thereby challenging the implicit rules of school.
Aha! Vector. That's the word I was thinking of.

In conclusion: DQSH is a pedagogical vector for the dismantling of heteronormative society and the bringing about of a queer-friendlier future, one ostensibly spared of Matthew Shepherd or Brandon Teena's atrocious fates, premised on sparking the latent sexuality theorised to exist within small children.

This might explain the widespread parental revulsion seen in wide swathes of Anglosphere.

---

In further Burgerland news, one of their seemingly legion SovCits tried to go blap-blap-blam at the cops, only to eat an extra-large lead salad. Or at least, that's what the pigs say! It's that old Burger favourite, the Fatal Traffic Stop, but with less melanin and more Freeman On The Land.

FREEE-DOOOOOOMMM

Poor dumb kid.
Last edited by BIL on Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Separation of church and state.. well I'd wanna agree birru but don't you ever fucking accidentally drop the quran

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/loc ... o-26379609

I saw some video in which a tearful mother was granted an audience at the (i think) local mosque essentially begging to be left alone.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
BIL

Post by BIL »

True, I forgot about England's new state religion, IDPOL. :oops:

To be fair, it's not a church likely to deny same-sex/interfaith/interracial marriage, even if it'll happily turn a blind eye should a bunch of Jihadists decide to honour-kill the bride. :[ Baby steps, I guess.

EDIT: Fucking hell. Is this the one you mean? I've just discovered a whole new galaxy of English-language Islamofascistic propaganda. :o

As appalling as it is - sound of Samuel Paty's head bouncing on asphalt to a chorus of screaming eviscerated schoolgirls at the AO - it must be said, watching the extreme left's brains explode Scanners-style, attempting to reconcile a sneering contempt of religion with arse-licking apologia of the same faith palette-swapped and retrograded a millennium or so, will always amuse. Even better when they're forced to defend their own religion, which the trendy new kids on the block have absolutely none of their native counterparts' reservations about criticising.

Or, rather more horrifyingly, when the deafening moral dissonance facilitates things like this. Bit outside the scope of this shitty thread, but well within the trend of willful ignorance that seems to have had this place by its throat for the past quarter-century or so.

Shame about the common people caught in the crossfire. Shame England's institutions have, true to Rotherhamesque form, neglected any semblance of principle for cowering acquiescence to the most strident foreign voices, in this case, the Islamic version of the Westboro Baptist Church. -_- Good thing that filthy kuffar whore was wearing a headscarf at her public shaming, to curb the natural urges of the men in the crowd, Inshallah!

Last edited by BIL on Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Mischief Maker wrote:Anyhow, I don't understand how any white person could feel attacked by the concept of systemic racism as opposed to personal racism. If anything systemic racism should be a liberating concept for whites. You don't need to feel personally culpable when the problem is defined as systemic, even if you are a beneficiary to some degree, and you aren't barred from benefiting from social justice when it takes on injustice that spreads beyond color lines.
You are either a master of gaslighting or out of your mind.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Rob wrote:
Mischief Maker wrote:Anyhow, I don't understand how any white person could feel attacked by the concept of systemic racism as opposed to personal racism. If anything systemic racism should be a liberating concept for whites. You don't need to feel personally culpable when the problem is defined as systemic, even if you are a beneficiary to some degree, and you aren't barred from benefiting from social justice when it takes on injustice that spreads beyond color lines.
I'm not spending all my free time looking for novel ways to frame myself as the victim.

*joker laugh*

Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

Mischief Maker wrote:Worth repeating this is what DeSantis' lawyers said when forced to define "woke" in court:
The belief there are systemic injustices in American society and the need to address them.
Ok but in practice it just means aggressive neoliberalism. Say empty words about racism or sexism, ruin some poor sucker's life over something innocuous, hand over massive new powers to the pedophiles and the genuine oppressors that run the state and big business. Do it all over again tomorrow. The modern social justice movement has done essentially nothing to improve living conditions for minorities, but they have done an amazingly good job of spreading and deepening racial hatred.
Somehow liberals have concluded that the real enemy is not the billionaires destroying every facet of society, not the war profiteers who slaughter hundreds of thousands every year for money and power. Liberals have hardly a word to say about those guys anymore. No, the real enemy is ordinary working class people who don't conform to every single little aspect of the ever increasingly strict and absurd dogma of liberalism.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Mischief Maker wrote:
Rob wrote:
I'm not spending all my free time looking for novel ways to frame myself as the victim.
Do you know why English policing has so paralytically vanished up its own arse, the last quarter-century? Well, we had a disgraceful racist murder happen in the early 90s, of one Stephen Lawrence; a nice law-abiding British West Indian lad, much like myself, sans the great fortune of lily-white skin. Minding his own business, waiting for a bus, he was chased down and knifed to death by a pack of white yobs. Despite the evidence, they all went free. The London Met didn't give a fuck.

So an inquiry took place. Its revelations of institutional racism at the Met and elsewhere were hellaciously god-damning. Redress was direly needed. True to the form of government bodies the world over, rather than instituting genuine, humanitarian principles - say, don't ignore black victims of crime - English policing instead flipped the polarity switch, and called it a day. No brains, no balls, no principles.

And so, thousands of working-class white English schoolgirls were systematically raped by Pakistani grooming gangs, while the police looked the other way, because arresting brown criminals now = racism. Those who regard whites as beneath contempt may be more moved to hear that Sikh and Hindu girls were considered halal meat by these gangs, too.

As the cherry atop this vile slurry of white smugness and brown paedophilia, the men who were arrested, once the levee broke, and not even this IDPOL-choked shithole could avoid spewing its guts all over the papers, are now being quietly released back into the communities where their victims still live. Because summarily deporting them - the vast, overwhelming majority are of dual British/Pakistani citizenship - would be systemically racist.

The trouble with systems is that they need constant human oversight. And humans are often lazy, arrogant, unprincipled slobs. Deify a system run by feckless cowards - see much of England's top brass - and hell awaits. I would imagine there are many thousands of white people in this country who feel attacked by the concept of systemic racism, because it's been left to run roughshod over them and their communities.

And because, it goes without saying, injustice begets injustice, I'm sure at least a few have since espoused a perhaps understandable if no less intolerable racial hatred. When chances are, the architects of their misery are every bit as white them, merely born to marginally higher station. Fine recruiting grounds for BNP sorts, very much like those who murdered Stephen Lawrence. This is yet another forehead-smackingly obvious consequence of reducing human beings to [white/black] = [good/bad].
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Vanguard wrote:Ok but in practice it just means aggressive neoliberalism.
DeSantis is a neoliberal.
Vanguard wrote:The modern social justice movement has done essentially nothing to improve living conditions for minorities, but they have done an amazingly good job of spreading and deepening racial hatred.
BIL wrote:And so, thousands of working-class white English schoolgirls were systematically raped by Pakistani grooming gangs, while the police looked the other way, because arresting brown criminals now = racism. Those who regard whites as beneath contempt may be more moved to hear that Sikh and Hindu girls were considered halal meat by these gangs, too.
Here's the first google result that appeared when I looked this up:
This week marks a watershed moment in a decade of discussion of “grooming gangs”: a much-anticipated Home Office report has concluded that there is no credible evidence that any one ethnic group is over-represented in cases of child sexual exploitation.

For many in Britain today the term “grooming gang” immediately suggests Pakistani-heritage Muslim men abusing white girls, but the Home Office researchers now tell us that “research has found that group-based offenders are most commonly White”.
The claims that “grooming gangs” were not properly investigated due to “political correctness” and a fear of being accused of racism are heavily undermined by decades of research highlighting the consistent over-policing of minority communities. What’s more, the whole history of the UK’s responses to child sexual exploitation and abuse is littered with failings – as shown by the independent inquiry into child sexual abuse, Operation Yewtree and numerous other investigations and inquiries. There were also regrettable consequences for child protection, since victims and offenders who don’t fit the stereotype can be overlooked.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... not-muslim

Sounds just like when the British press fell hook line and sinker for Andrew Wakefield's claim that "The MMR vaccine causes autism, so spend your money on the fine measles vaccine that I developed instead!" all over again.

As bad as the media in the US is, at least Rupert Murdoch doesn't have the entirety of our press completely by the balls the way he does in the UK. And all it took was a couple nudie pix on page 3.

Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm not surprised that you just heard of this and that your first and only instinct was to lazily "debunk" it with an opinion piece from The Guardian.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Rob wrote:I'm not surprised that you just heard of this and that your first and only instinct was to lazily "debunk" it with an opinion piece from The Guardian.
Yeah, I didn't invest any of my ego into a made-up victimhood conspiracy narrative, so when I learn that it's been debunked years ago, I can painlessly cast it aside like a used candy wrapper (but not in the Tucker Carlson sense, yeesh!)

You should try it some time. It's a much higher quality of life.

BIL

Post by BIL »

Mischief Maker wrote:
Vanguard wrote:The modern social justice movement has done essentially nothing to improve living conditions for minorities, but they have done an amazingly good job of spreading and deepening racial hatred.
[hilarious cartoon]
Why don't you just post some aerial photography of smouldering city blocks from the summer of love? It's more current, and more honest, and equally as productive (read: did absolutely fuck-all besides killing black people, destroying black neighbourhoods, and lining Patrisse Cullors and co's pockets).

Wait, let me guess - "they had insurance," right?
BIL wrote:And so, thousands of working-class white English schoolgirls were systematically raped by Pakistani grooming gangs, while the police looked the other way, because arresting brown criminals now = racism. Those who regard whites as beneath contempt may be more moved to hear that Sikh and Hindu girls were considered halal meat by these gangs, too.
Here's the first google result that appeared when I looked this up:
Wow. :o

You know, I saw that link too, while grabbing the deportation article. I wondered if I should include it for excoriation, again, like everyone not blindly deepthroating the multiculti cock did at its publication. But I thought "Nah, MM doesn't seem the sort to read a post, run off to google, and return with the first result as some kind of tawdry, point-scoring gotcha at the expense of countless silenced victims."

I keep forgetting just what a twisted rube you seem to turn into on game day. I guess I shouldn't - how are Lucas Roberts' lawsuits going? Don't tell me you contributed, that would actually make me sad.

This week marks a watershed moment in a decade of discussion of “grooming gangs”: a much-anticipated Home Office report has concluded that there is no credible evidence that any one ethnic group is over-represented in cases of child sexual exploitation.
As was pointed out ad nauseam when this IDPOL-poisoned afterbirth first slopped out: over-representation was never the point. The point would be an institutional blanket policy of ignoring the criminals for fear of being seen as institutionally racist.

It could've been a hundred cases. Or ten. Or (this'll blow your mind, it's something called "conviction") one. That it was thousands of cases over multiple decades is not a measure of quantity, but hideous quality.

I can't believe I'm pointing this out. Oh, hang on. I missed a bit of detritus:
For many in Britain today the term “grooming gang” immediately suggests Pakistani-heritage Muslim men abusing white girls, but the Home Office researchers now tell us that “research has found that group-based offenders are most commonly White”.
England, 80% white, in "[category] mostly white" shocker.

Did you even think any of this through before CTRL+Ving the ~Hot Google Result~ ? This is easily dismantled even by your usual standards.
The claims that “grooming gangs” were not properly investigated due to “political correctness” and a fear of being accused of racism are heavily undermined by decades of research highlighting the consistent over-policing of minority communities.
Ah, this was an especially rich bit of confectionary. Over-policing of afro-caribbean populations = over-policing of Pakistani populations, mirite guys! Touchdown!

This is called "conflation." It's easy to do. For example: African Americans are being murdered at genocidal rates! (true) White Republicans are armed to the teeth! (also true)

White Republicans are murdering African Americans at genocidal rates! (nothin' but net Image)

Do you know who finally broke the scandal, MM, after decades of silence? I suppose it might be horrifying for someone like you to learn, it was one of yours. Even he prevaricated, allowing the rapes to continue uninterrupted, out of a tribalist certainty he would be doing the other side of the aisle a solid.

The volumes of literature on the culture of avoidance at the heart of the scandal are too many to link without hitting the character limit. I can go dig up a nice selection, if you want. I don't believe for a second you'd read any of them - it seems when I want answers, I have to do my own reading, see DQSH a few posts up - but maybe someone else might.
What’s more, the whole history of the UK’s responses to child sexual exploitation and abuse is littered with failings – as shown by the independent inquiry into child sexual abuse, Operation Yewtree and numerous other investigations and inquiries. There were also regrettable consequences for child protection, since victims and offenders who don’t fit the stereotype can be overlooked.
Wouldn't be modern political discourse without steaming shovel-load of whataboutism on top. Bruh, d-d-do you know CYRIL SMITH?!?1?
Sounds just like when the British press fell hook line and sinker for Andrew Wakefield's claim that "The MMR vaccine causes autism, so spend your money on the fine measles vaccine that I developed instead!" all over again.
No, it really does not fit into the Covid clownshow, at all. With characteristically American ignorance, you are attempting to relate happenings elsewhere to familiar things within your own little bubble.

And I genuinely don't think you ralise how grotesque you've made yourself look here, so all I will say is, of all the things to attempt a blithely google-sourced handwaving of, a decades-spanning national disgrace so extensively-documented as to earn the grudging acknowledgement of even the most Blair-rimming ideologues (like the ones who penned that subsequent, tissue-thin apologia) was not a great choice.

It was a really fucking stupid one, actually, but then as I've told you before, even otherwise intelligent persons like yourself become pitiably dumb when your tribe is on the warpath.
As bad as the media in the US is, at least Rupert Murdoch doesn't have the entirety of our press completely by the balls the way he does in the UK. And all it took was a couple nudie pix on page 3.
What would be superb gutter press, in my opinion, would be for you to arrange five minutes alone with the fathers of those children, at which time you could relate to them your preceding post. Image
Yeah, I didn't invest any of my ego into a made-up victimhood conspiracy narrative, so when I learn that it's been debunked years ago, I can painlessly cast it aside like a used candy wrapper
Or this one. As a bonus, there would then be one less cancerously ignorant American pissing on thousands of betrayed children.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

I see the goalposts have shifted from "systemic racism doesn't exist" to "just because there's systemic racism doesn't mean that this one anecdotal story didn't happen!"

BIL

Post by BIL »

I'm sorry MM, your latest post is a flashbang of pure concentrated nothing. I don't know how to even parse it.

I most certainly didn't say systemic racism "doesn't exist." I said that blindly applying the framework used to identify it, sans finer oversight, produces horrors like Rochdale, Rotherham, and Telford, et al, where the cowards in charge decided [brown criminals] simply did not compute under the new paradigm.

I would have thought the concept of applying something implies a belief in its existence. Maybe you should have googled the Stephen Lawrence affair as well, while you were at it? That was an instance of the framework doing some much-needed good.

I don't even know how to begn with the "anecdotal story" crack, but if you're implying what I think you are, it's absolutely fractal dishonesty. What "anecdote" are you referring to, because the affairs I reference are anything but.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

I'm replying to you and Rob at the same time and I may have gotten your arguments mixed up. He was responding vaguely to my arguments about systemic racism, I thought you were coming to back him up with specifics. If that was not your intent, I apologize.

BIL

Post by BIL »

Don't worry about it, sorry I got buttmad. 3; I see a Grauniad link and I lose my fuckin shit (`w´メ) Well not always. I link them all the time. I even throw them a bone. They can be right cheeky cunts though!

Rob is my shumps dad but ITT I swear allegiance only to my fellow white POC Burinju, who I will be accompanying to war shortly over the ongoing Ginger Genocide in popular media.

I was answering your rhetorical question, re: how white people might feel attacked by the concept of systemic racism. England, sadly, provides a model example of this, in the depredations those three working-class communities, and many others, were left to. If you talk to these people, many will tell you they don't hate anyone, but they've learned to fear and distrust liberal policy. Who can't relate? Anyone who saw their children victimised with impunity - or were those chldren - on account of their violators' minority status is going to recoil in disgust at a subsequent accusation of "white privilege."

(because it's germane to the subject of well-meaning but woefully-implemented policy - I refuse to say "Asian" grooming gangs, because this casually throws a vast swathe of humanity under the bus, including people of Sikh and Hindu backgrounds who were, themselves, targeted by the gangs. The criminals are overwhelmingly of populations hailing from obscure Pakistani backwaters.

You know - the sorts of places where a village council will sentence a woman to be gang-raped)

That all this was the result of needed work (cf Stephen Lawrence), turned to corruption by cowardly, incompetent top brass, is not an indictment of systemic approaches to societal reform. It's just the inevitable result of human dereliction. A combine harvester can feed a starving village. Leave it running unattended, expect people to lose limbs.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

The other issue is on the police reports yadda yadda it's too racist to say what country or religion people are from so new catch-all labels are invented. one of the offenders is a pakistani muslim?
" British Asian "
Ah alright then.

I understand the good intention paving this road to hell. stop muh racism. but when it actively impedes the search for truth, and to state plainly the things that have happened so they can be dealt with? We're lost.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali has written extensively about it. I lack the stones or patience to read it.
I hear she gets shouted down as some kind of fascist mouthpiece these days.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Rob

Post by Rob »

Mischief Maker wrote:I'm replying to you and Rob at the same time and I may have gotten your arguments mixed up. He was responding vaguely to my arguments about systemic racism, I thought you were coming to back him up with specifics. If that was not your intent, I apologize.
Mischief Maker wrote:I see the goalposts have shifted from "systemic racism doesn't exist"
I was responding to your claim that "white evil is everywhere" is a liberating concept for white people.

The anti-white cultural hysteria in which "systemic racism" belongs is as liberating for white people as any racial/ethnic/religious targeting of any other group is liberating for said group. "Systemic racism" is not and has never been about honest analysis of problems and a search for solutions. Any nuanced and honest analysis of social problems would not arrive at an answer that is simple and stupid enough to be popular on TikTok.

This is how it goes in the minds of a lot of idiots:

systemic racism is the problem
whiteness is the problem
white people are the problem

You're pulling everyone's chain if you're trying to say this has no negative consequences for random white people who are simply living their lives and minding their own business. Like the guy who was biking in California recently, got run over and then stabbed/murdered by a man ranting about "white privilege". I feel like BIL might've mentioned this somewhere.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Blinge wrote:I understand the good intention paving this road to hell. stop muh racism. but when it actively impedes the search for truth, and to state plainly the things that have happened so they can be dealt with? We're lost.
I notice a bit of that with my mum's lot, haha. "Afro-Caribbean" gang violence? What - are the Caymanians and Bermudans wildin out at the cricket pitch after too much lemonade? Image *chups* SUCK YA MUDDA. You mean "Jamaicans." It's alright! We hate yardies too! Well, the ones who are in it for bling or *barf* "clout." The worst shitholes in Jam arguably do need local lads to keep the peace, given the hellaciously corrupt policing. Thorny issue. In pousy-arse Englandfordshire, though? Pfff, get fucked. Witness the terror when them a get DEPORTATION Image

See also "Black Students." Wealthy African immigrants from Nigeria and Ghana? Top of the league tables, absolutely killing it. Easiest tutoring ever, delightful students. British-born working class? Oof, Christ. Hard work. They're in the shitter - with their white counterparts.

Instead they pretend it's a neat issue of [black student] [white student] This place has a self-inflicted issue with low-resolution data, for sure. That and a whole lot of institutional cowardice.

It's the good manners and customs, I swear it's genetic. I got a lot of it. You gotta regulate that shit just like everything else 3;
Rob wrote:Like the guy who was biking in California recently, got run over and then stabbed/murdered by a man ranting about "white privilege". I feel like BIL might've mentioned this somewhere.
Yep - part of my long-running Quest for the White Hate Crime Victim. 3: I thought Dr. Michael Mammone had a decent chance, being a hapless cyclist knocked senseless and stabbed to death by a (to my personal shame) Jamaican halfbreed ranting about white privilege, one with a social media footprint swimming in racially-charged rhetoric, at that - but nope, DA says ain't nothin 2 see here.

DA's had his own controversies apparently, something something problematic. Maybe he's covering his own ass. The murderer is a lunatic, I'm sure, but they're exactly the ones you'd expected to be swayed by trendy solutions to complex problems.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

Mischief Maker wrote:DeSantis is a neoliberal.
DeSantis's goals for society are the same as the goals of those who control the post-OWS social justice movement: the expansion of corporate power until it controls absolutely everything. The racial (gender etc) justice part of the movement is simply a way to get very gullible people on board with things that clearly work against their own interests.

The social justice movement serves the corporate elite in a number of ways. The most obvious is that it passes the blame for our corporate overlords' actions on to ordinary, mostly white, mostly working class people. The social justice movement loves censorship and moving the west deeper into a culture of censorship is another corporate goal. Finally, using racial hatred as a tool of social division is one of the capitalist class's oldest and most effective tricks.

Mischief Maker wrote:Image
I imagine we would remember King a bit less favorably now had his policy been that violent black criminals deserve no punishment and should be released right back into society, and the mere utterance of hateful phrases such as "it's okay to be white" or "people who menstruate are women" warrants the loss of employment and a lifetime as a pariah. Of course, if that was what King had been saying, there would have been no need for the feds to murder him.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Rob wrote:This is how it goes in the minds of a lot of idiots:

systemic racism is the problem
whiteness is the problem
white people are the problem
No, this is how "nativists" like you need to construct, from whole cloth, millions of other people's mindsets to give your own the most pitifully thin sliver of plausibility: get fucking real, Rob, the concept of "every individual person who happens to benefit from a centuries-old construct of systematic prejudice cannot be held directly responsible for it" is not a remotely difficult one for anybody with a working brain to grasp.

You're no more worried about roving gangs of vengeful minorities jumping you than the authors of the "stop woke act" are worried that teaching a fuller account of the country's racial history will radicalize minority students, as if the people actually living the short end of the proverbial stick are even the ones who could be taught much of anything about it in the first place. :lol:

What you are worried about is another very simple concept for anyone to grasp: you don't blame every single beneficiary of an unfair system for its persistence, you single out those among them who are fighting tooth and nail to keep said system the way it is, VERY much including those insisting that said injustice either doesn't actually exist or, even more hilariously, whine and cry that it's been outright reversed and that they are now the oppressed party, despite the absolutely endless mountains of evidence directly to the contrary (every shred of which is obviously a Lamestream Media Hoax, of course). :lol:

And once you do, you don't assault them, but do something they dread infinitely more: unreservedly call them out as the pussified, selfish bigots they are and stop listening to them.

The vast, vast majority of people in favor of social justice do not think like the "idiots" you cooked up, just as most white people "living their lives and minding their own business" thankfully don't think like you.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

BulletMagnet wrote:You're no more worried about roving gangs of vengeful minorities jumping you than the authors of the "stop woke act" are worried that teaching a fuller account of the country's racial history will radicalize minority students, as if the people actually living the short end of the proverbial stick are even the ones who could be taught much of anything about it in the first place. :lol:
Whether any given individual must live in fear of roving gangs of minorities is less material than the unfortunate reality that some people do. Another unfortunate fact is that western authority figures tend to be afraid of properly dealing with these gangs, and part of the reason is because they want to avoid being called racist for doing so, absurd as that may sound.

Since partisan politics turns peoples' brains into mush I'll include an obvious disclaimer: a roving gang of violent whites, which do exist, is of course just as bad as a roving gang of violent minorities. What you may be unwilling to hear is that in the west the latter are considerably more common right now. The outcome of pretending it isn't a problem is that it becomes a bigger problem, which naturally increases the number of whites who hold negative attitudes towards minorities, the exact outcome the social justice movement was supposedly trying to avoid! Not to mention that the overwhelming majority of victims of minority violence are themselves minorities. Taking minority-inflicted violence seriously without any nonsense leads directly to the creation of fewer minority victims.

Teaching that all members of any one race are inherently more privileged than all members of any other race is both transparently false and, once again, does nothing but further aggravate racial hatred of all kinds.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Vanguard wrote:Teaching that all members of any one race are inherently more privileged than all members of any other race is both transparently false
What? Who the hell claims that? Nobody is "inherently" privileged: if society gives any group a default leg up over another it's by design, the result of deliberate and ongoing decisions and actions, which can be both quantified and thus changed.

But we're supposed to believe that somehow the established, moneyed interests with the most to lose from just such a process are the ones really pulling the strings whenever anyone states that historically-oppressed minorities still have something to complain about, because too darn many of those silly geese - who, again, are the ones who have lived experience when it comes to institutional inequality - just can't reason well enough to respond in any manner aside from beating up random straight white Christian males, and thus are, dare I say, inherently doomed to play directly into the globalists' hands?
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Rob wrote:I was responding to your claim that "white evil is everywhere" is a liberating concept for white people.
Wow. I talk about broken policy creating perverse incentives that lead to racist outcomes, regardless of the individual views of actors within the system. And you interpret that as a uniquely "white evil?"

Do you think there's some genetic flaw in European bloodlines that prevents white people from fixing broken policy? Do you think police officers of color can't be agents of systemic racism, that perverse incentives roll off them like water off a duck's back? You think that the civic imaginations of white people hit a wall right around the time of red lining and any attempt to advance beyond that point is intimidating to the limited intellect of white policymakers?

Talk about a self-hating white man.