Gaming's toxicity problem

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Steamflogger Boss

Re: Gaming's toxicity problem

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

BIL wrote:
Mischief Maker wrote:Gaming toxicity is as real as cancel culture.

Discuss.
real
Concurred. All is vanity. Realer for some than others. Image

When you have a person that has the excess of pigment, the excess of melanin... they have the lack of compassion. The people that have it are a little… and I’m going to say this carefully… are a little less. So then they’re acting out of fear. They’re acting out of low self esteem. They’re acting out of an excess. So therefore, the only way that they can act is evil. They have to rob, steal, rape, kill, and fight. In order to survive.

Oof, it's turning my stomach just looking at it. I suppose it's like when you try an exotic - to you - food for the first time? Palatable or not, the sheer otherness of the sensation can overwhelm. Anyway, I don't think anyone could state the above and keep their job where I work. It would be a JUICY CANCEL indeed. But some apparently can! With the polarities reversed. Image Is Nick Cannon playing Ikaruga while others are stuck on Galaga?
I was going to ask if this was a play on the Lil Nicky Cannon thing then I saw his name mentioned at the end. Dude went nuts.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Indeed, sparingly inverted. I could never conduct the research proving an evolutionary adaptation to UV radiation ALSO turns subhuman savages into DER UBERMENSCHEN. I'm too busy RAPING JUST 2 SURVIVE.

Well, raping part-time to survive. Mon/Weds/Fri. I got some of the soul, not a lot, but I can just about look at another man without digging my thumbs into his eye sockets and snapping at his throat. Still crazy 2 fuck tho. ASL?

Now, watch the fateful CANNONS CLASS get Room 101d, as my social credit score goes down in flames. :shock:

OH NO! NOT MUH SCORE (`ω´メ)

NGL, it's ghoulishly amusing seeing Hotep theory edging closer and closer to the mainstream consciousness... like when INCERUS and GILBERTGOTTFRIEDGATE were doing so, but UNLIKE those meek white boys, these True Hebrew Souljahs DON'T back down. Could get rowdy. :o

edit: I should say, despite his calling white people corrupted rape-crazed savages, I don't think Nick Cannon has a malicious bone in his body, and I think he genuinely means well. Any racially supremacist ideology gets ugly under scrutiny, even the most ostensibly benign ones, which is something their romanticisers tend to lack or skirt around.
Last edited by BIL on Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

Stevens wrote:Back in 01 after I finished college I bought a desktop and played the fuck out of a Half Life mod called Firearms. Come to think of it it was almost all I played for like three years.

Anyways..

It was always great to sign into a server and be greeted by the regulars cause you were one of them. I had maybe five servers I would play on and more often than not wound up playing with the same people.

In fact it was super rare to sign in and not know at least one other person playing.
It's really the perfect solution to all of this, and more. People who want to talk shit can go to the shittalking server, someone else wants to set up a polite server, that's fine too. Play with mods if you want. Come up with house rules if you want. Form a gaming community and maybe make some friends. But private servers gives corporations less control over you, so they have to go.
Mischief Maker wrote:Even though I tried to strangle this thread in the crib, I'm gonna say something provocative:

Gaming toxicity is as real as cancel culture.

Discuss.
They're both equally real, yes. Sometimes gamers say mean words and sometimes people have their lives destroyed because they once said a mean word. Equally harmful is another story. Cancel culture is infinitely worse.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

BIL wrote:When you have a person that has the excess of pigment, the excess of melanin... they have the lack of compassion. The people that have it are a little - and I’m going to say this carefully - are a little less. So then they’re acting out of fear. They’re acting out of low self esteem. They’re acting out of an excess. So therefore, the only way that they can act is evil. They have to rob, steal, rape, kill, and fight. In order to survive.
Think you've misquoted here, Birru I just went to find the extract in the full text. Isn't he saying lack of melanin = kill rape?
Not 'excess' of pigment.

I feel like gaming toxicity is a bit worse than [insert other hobby group] here. Due to lack of real world consequences for shit talking, I guess. I don't know where I'm going with this, gaming has always felt a bit worse. People screeching down the mic on CS:GO, LoL ad infinitum. Gaming tends to reward baser instincts from people with generally less social skills.
It's just the internet acting as a force multiplier I guess. In the small tribal communities we evolved in, if you went around talking smack all day there'd be very real consequences; someone'd probably kick your ass or at least force you to put in the effort to kick theirs.
Hell, can you imagine a friend group or social circle that did HALF the bullshit irl you see related to online gaming? Lads playing 5-a side football, goalkeeper lets one in.

"FUCK YOU I HOPE YOUR MUM GETS CANCER!" - his teammate and friend.
How sustainable would that be in like, any IRL hobby.

Is cancel culture worse? Probably. It's down to the potential consequences of getting canceled ie, careers ruined. Apparently quite a low effort is needed from each individual member of the hive mind to cancel someone. Also no one talks about corporate hysteria - more people get fired as companies fall over each other to try and cover their asses and appear more woke because they think it'll drive sales. Some people are above it. You can't cancel JK Rowling. She's almost a billionaire and will continue to wield massive influence.

Some people are too small fry to be touched by it.. like all of us here.
Fuck me I'm gonna stop, i feel like Regalsin
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
BIL

Post by BIL »

Blinge wrote:Think you've misquoted here, Birru I just went to find the extract in the full text. Isn't he saying lack of melanin = kill rape?
Not 'excess' of pigment.
Just reversed a few words so a different racial group was being designated as untermenschen. It's all grotesque and potentially genocidal rhetoric either way. :wink:
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Mischief Maker wrote:Even though I tried to strangle this thread in the crib, I'm gonna say something provocative:

Gaming toxicity is as real as cancel culture.

Discuss.
I'm reminded of the line of reasoning commonly used amongst Soviet officers when questioned about mismanagement with their higher-ups, that goes something like this:

"Cancel culture is not real, and if it were real it wouldn't even work, but even if it wouldn't work it would still be A Good Thing."

This is what others will tell you online, and that it's just about holding people accountable, but I figure this is just a matter of semantics instead of intentional gaslighting. It's not hard to imagine how the average Dragon Quest slime borne out of the Gaming Toxicity sludge pits will go "AIIIIEEEEEEE, CANCEL CULTURE IS REAL! :x " when politely asked to stop spamming the Tiananmen Square copypasta in chat like a tween showing off his first BB gun, so the dilution of terms like these tends to coincide with a lot of talking past eachother.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

The OP just sucessfully trolled us... and is laughing right now
(there's already threads on here discussing this. It's obvious this thread is a troll job and not a serious discussion thing. OP hasn't even posted back...)

MM, you had the good idea in trying to kill this one in it's infancy.

Way to bite and fan the flames, Burinju :x you deserve the gif BIL posted on previous page for this one! haha
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BIL

Post by BIL »

Well on the bright side Griff's new single is a fuckin banger, talented bloke even if he thinks my dad's people want to piledrive their Celtic Rapeshafts deep into his melanated honey hole to steal his technology. It ain't be like that Griff I promise, white people like dogs they only rape if u show fear Image
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

FinalBaton wrote:Way to bite and fan the flames, Burinju :x you deserve the gif BIL posted on previous page for this one! haha
Nah I wasn't really responding to OP but to what [Mischief Maker] said.
And the people in this thread are mah boys and talking about stuff with them isn't me being trolled.
Last edited by Blinge on Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

FinalBaton wrote:The OP just sucessfully trolled us... and is laughing right now
(there's already threads on here discussing this. It's obvious this thread is a troll job and not a serious discussion thing. OP hasn't even posted back...)

MM, you had the good idea in trying to kill this one in it's infancy.

Way to bite and fan the flames, Burinju :x you deserve the gif BIL posted on previous page for this one! haha
To be fair, I could not think of better bait for this forum. Drop the torch and run for the hills.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:To be fair, I could not think of better bait for this forum. Drop the torch and run for the hills.
It was very good bait. gamergat0r thread got pretty heated here at first. now it's a gorgeous shrine of BIL shitposts Image and I wouldn't have it any other way. it's a national treasure now
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BIL

Post by BIL »

Everyone knows the real bat-signal is the bluntly interrogative Why Is This Forum So Full Of Elitist Pricks (I really lost my cool in that one, apologies :oops: it's okay if you're STILL TOO FAT AND DUMB TO 1CC METAL BLACK YOU TOOTHLESS MILK-FED PUMPKIN FUCKING REPROBATES Image :shock: I mean oh god I'm sorry)
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

BIL wrote:Everyone knows the real bat-signal is the bluntly interrogative Why Is This Forum So Full Of Elitist Pricks (I really lost my cool in that one, apologies :oops: it's okay if you're STILL TOO FAT AND DUMB TO 1CC METAL BLACK YOU TOOTHLESS MILK-FED PUMPKIN FUCKERS Image :shock: I mean oh god I'm sorry)
lol, doubling down on the alleged trait :lol: I like that style (or stand maybe?)
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

That thread is the best One and Done single post I have ever seen.
One hit wonder!!

Fuck it man, gaming toxicity has its own flavour you won't find anywhere else. That's a better way to say it.
I need to wash myself clean in some gamer girl bathwater.

Edit:

Aw man spadgy responded in that thread. Kinda miss the ol' bastard a bit.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Blinge wrote:Nah I wasn't really responding to OP but to what bulletmagnet said.
My secret alt-account has finally been revealed!
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Aw shit, I meant 'what MM said.'

Yeah i care so much about this place I keep track of who said what... :wink: