Reaction to the PS5?

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
PC Engine Fan X!

Re: Reaction to the PS5?

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

YY
Austin wrote:
PC Engine Fan X! wrote:The Xbox Series S console has no disc drive but rather a paltry 512gb of internal SSD for storage. It does have two USB 3.1 ports on-board (1 on frontside & 1 on the backside). The only remedy/solution to that pressing issue at hand is to break down & buy the obligatory Seagate 1TB SSD expansion card but that's an additional $219.99 usd on top of the MSRP of $299.99 usd for the XSS console itself. Also you can't play/boot-up enhanced Xbox games for XSX & XSS consoles with an external HDD but have to use the propeitary Seagate 1TB expansion card instead. The internal cooling fan on the XSS console is whisper quiet indeed. Plus the slim size of the XSS is quite nice for a different change of pace.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
I think you've got this mixed up. I'm pretty sure the X can handle "Enhanced" Xbone games on external hard drives. The SX cannot do it, period, due to an architectural limitation. It can still play those games, they just won't be the higher-grade versions you get with the stronger hardware.

I had a friend bring over his Series X and we transferred Doom Eternal to an external hard drive and it played at 4K just fine.

Xbox's supposed "Velocity Architecture" can't be taken advantage of via external hard drives (it requires the internal storage or the M2 SSD), but you can still play any game just fine on an external hard drive on either model. The expensive, official 1TB M2 SSD shouldn't be seen as a necessity.
Thanks clarifying the Xbox Series S console not able to run enhanced X/S games at 4K with an external hdd setup but capped at 1440p.

I've noticed that both 5pb's titles of Bullet Soul & Bullet Soul Infinte Burst doesn't show up on the USA region Xbox Marketplace when using an Xbox Series S console unless either title is manually typed in from within the search pop-up window. Why is that?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Austin

Re: Reaction to the PS5?

Post by Austin »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:I've noticed that both 5pb's titles of Bullet Soul & Bullet Soul Infinte Burst doesn't show up on the USA region Xbox Marketplace when using an Xbox Series S console unless either title is manually typed in from within the search pop-up window. Why is that?
I'm not really sure what you mean. How else are you going to find it? Typing it in the marketplace search box is pretty much the only way I can think of.