shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:17 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Can Anyone Confirm Code Veronica Dreamcast RGB compatible?
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 5:46 pm 



Joined: 05 Mar 2013
Posts: 367
I know that some Dreamcast games are blocked from being used with RGB Scart connections, and I can't find anything online confirming whether this game is compatible or not.

It can vary by region, so if anybody has a US copy they can test, that would be greatly appreciated.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can Anyone Confirm Code Veronica Dreamcast RGB compatibl
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:09 am 



Joined: 05 Mar 2013
Posts: 367
Anybody...?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can Anyone Confirm Code Veronica Dreamcast RGB compatibl
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:12 am 


User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 12652
Location: SODOM
Have you tried our internet-famous Hardware subforum? All we talk about in here is horror movies and monster cock.
_________________
Image
STOMP EM IN THE NUTS
[THE MIRAGE OF MIND] Metal Black ST [THE MASSACRE] Gun.Smoke ST [TRAGEDY FLAME]


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can Anyone Confirm Code Veronica Dreamcast RGB compatibl
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:48 am 


User avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 1378
Location: Sweden
I can at least confirm that the JP version works with RGB scart.
_________________
SOUNDSHOCK


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can Anyone Confirm Code Veronica Dreamcast RGB compatibl
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:36 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Posts: 14600
Location: Chicago
zinger wrote:
I can at least confirm that the JP version works with RGB scart.

And I can confirm we mainly talk about monster cock here.
_________________
RegalSin wrote:
New PowerPuff Girls. They all have evil pornstart eyelashes.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can Anyone Confirm Code Veronica Dreamcast RGB compatibl
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:38 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2019
Posts: 172
For future reference:
https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?56169-Dreamcast-VGA-Compatability-list-amp-Guide

And if the op is too lazy to click--"Yes" and "Looks great"


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can Anyone Confirm Code Veronica Dreamcast RGB compatibl
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:03 am 


User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 12652
Location: SODOM
Yet another successful thread! Image

Image
_________________
Image
STOMP EM IN THE NUTS
[THE MIRAGE OF MIND] Metal Black ST [THE MASSACRE] Gun.Smoke ST [TRAGEDY FLAME]


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can Anyone Confirm Code Veronica Dreamcast RGB compatibl
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:56 am 



Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 664
m.sniffles.esq wrote:
For future reference:
https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?56169-Dreamcast-VGA-Compatability-list-amp-Guide

And if the op is too lazy to click--"Yes" and "Looks great"


Isnt that list just for VGA? OP is asking about 15khz RGB which DC is really wierd about.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can Anyone Confirm Code Veronica Dreamcast RGB compatibl
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:03 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2019
Posts: 172
SuperDeadite wrote:
m.sniffles.esq wrote:
For future reference:
https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?56169-Dreamcast-VGA-Compatability-list-amp-Guide

And if the op is too lazy to click--"Yes" and "Looks great"


Isnt that list just for VGA? OP is asking about 15khz RGB which DC is really wierd about.


Well in that case, I recommend the op go to one of the 60 sites that has a .CDI of RE:CV available to download for free, spend 50 cents on a CD-R, burn it, and attempt to play it at 15hz RGB. If it doesn't work, you are out 50 cents and have gained $1 of hands-on wisdom.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can Anyone Confirm Code Veronica Dreamcast RGB compatibl
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:19 am 


User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Posts: 14600
Location: Chicago
BIL wrote:
Yet another successful thread! Image

Image


Gotta ask -- was this already in your tool box or a random find?
_________________
RegalSin wrote:
New PowerPuff Girls. They all have evil pornstart eyelashes.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can Anyone Confirm Code Veronica Dreamcast RGB compatibl
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:56 am 


User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 12652
Location: SODOM
Newest addition to an extensive collection, sourced from Rawhead Rex (teehee), via the latest episode of RedLetterMedia's Half In The Bag. An ongoing project to preserve the long, hard association of our beloved genre with monster cocks both actual and symbolic, lest future generations think it was all about lolis. :wink:

Image
Image Image
Image
Image
_________________
Image
STOMP EM IN THE NUTS
[THE MIRAGE OF MIND] Metal Black ST [THE MASSACRE] Gun.Smoke ST [TRAGEDY FLAME]


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can Anyone Confirm Code Veronica Dreamcast RGB compatibl
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 5:14 am 


User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Posts: 14600
Location: Chicago
Good collection. Maybe a screen grab of the AM Show version of DDP Daifukkatsu? That was pretty amazing.
_________________
RegalSin wrote:
New PowerPuff Girls. They all have evil pornstart eyelashes.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can Anyone Confirm Code Veronica Dreamcast RGB compatibl
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 5:47 am 


User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 12652
Location: SODOM
Hell yeah, how'd we forget that veritable carnival of DICKLAZORS? Onto the shortlist!
_________________
Image
STOMP EM IN THE NUTS
[THE MIRAGE OF MIND] Metal Black ST [THE MASSACRE] Gun.Smoke ST [TRAGEDY FLAME]


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can Anyone Confirm Code Veronica Dreamcast RGB compatibl
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:55 am 



Joined: 05 Mar 2013
Posts: 367
m.sniffles.esq wrote:
SuperDeadite wrote:
m.sniffles.esq wrote:
For future reference:
https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?56169-Dreamcast-VGA-Compatability-list-amp-Guide

And if the op is too lazy to click--"Yes" and "Looks great"


Isnt that list just for VGA? OP is asking about 15khz RGB which DC is really wierd about.


Well in that case, I recommend the op go to one of the 60 sites that has a .CDI of RE:CV available to download for free, spend 50 cents on a CD-R, burn it, and attempt to play it at 15hz RGB. If it doesn't work, you are out 50 cents and have gained $1 of hands-on wisdom.


The problem is that most of those .cdi files are patched to fix these various compatibility issues. Thought it would be straightforward enough for somebody to just quickly test out their retail copy but if nobody has that setup I understand. Also, it does appear the hardware section would've been a better bet for my question.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can Anyone Confirm Code Veronica Dreamcast RGB compatibl
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:56 am 



Joined: 05 Mar 2013
Posts: 367
zinger wrote:
I can at least confirm that the JP version works with RGB scart.


Thank you. That's encouraging.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can Anyone Confirm Code Veronica Dreamcast RGB compatibl
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:03 am 


User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Posts: 14600
Location: Chicago
BIL wrote:
Hell yeah, how'd we forget that veritable carnival of DICKLAZORS? Onto the shortlist!


Not that many people are aware, but yours truly was the one playing in the video that made it out into the airwaves. Not sure if my five minutes of fame were blocked or exacerbated by those laser schlongs.
_________________
RegalSin wrote:
New PowerPuff Girls. They all have evil pornstart eyelashes.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group