Mahjong

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Steamflogger Boss

Mahjong

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

This game came up in a couple different threads recently and I wanted to make a thread for it. I did do a search and could not find a multi-purpose thread for this game in general, if I missed one, my bad.

I just picked it up in earnest this week. Looking for video game recommendations as well as trying to compile lists for older consoles like the Dreamcast. The games with Mahjong in the title are easy but there are titles such as Taisen Net Gimmick: Capcom & Psikyo All Stars and Idol Janshi o Tsukucchaou which give no indication in the title.

I've noticed many old games seem to be 1 on 1 against an AI. Very interested in games with 4 player couch multi-player as well as playing against 3 AI. I can do the AI part through Yakuza games but that seems like an unnecessary power sink due to my set-up. Whereas Dreamcast, Saturn, PS1/2 can easily be just the console and a tv.
Steamflogger Boss

Re: Mahjong

Dreamcast List
Spoiler
Atsumare!! Guru Guru Onsen
Atsumare!! Guru Guru Onsen BB (these two have some other games on them too)
Dengen Tenshi Taisen Mahjong: Shangri-La
Mahjong Taikai II Special
Net Versus Mahjong
Nippon Pro Mahjong Renmei Dankurai Nintei: Heisei Mahjong-Shou
Nippon Pro Mahjong Renmei Kounin: Tetsuman Menkyo Minnaten
Onsei Ninshiki Mahjong: Jarman
Pro Mahjong Kiwame D
Shanghai Dynasty
Taisen Net Gimmick
Saturn List

Red/Yellow Label = adult content on some level
Spoiler
Beach De Reach
Cross Romance ~Koi to Mahjong to Hanafuda to~ (Yellow Label, includes other games)
Gal Jan (Red Label)
Game no Tatsujin (Includes other games)
Game no Tatsujin 2 (Includes other games)
Gyuwambler Jikochuushinha ~Tokyo Mahjongland~ (has Satakore rerelease)
Honkaku 4-nin Uchi Geinoujin Taikyoku Mahjong ~The Wareme DE Pon~
Honkaku Pro Mahjong Tetsuman Special (has Satakore rerelease)
Ide Yousuke Meijin no Shin Jissen Mahjong
Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai II (Red Label)
Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai Mecha Genteiban (Yellow Label)
Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai Remix (Red Label)
Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai Special (MA-18 Label)
Idol-Mahjong Final Romance 2 (Red Label)
Jantei Battle Cos-Player
Jissen Mahjong
Kurubushi Kyoudai Gekijou Dai-ikkan Mahjong-hen
Lovely Pop 2 In 1 Jan Jan Koi Shimasho (has Gentaiban version as well)
Mahjong Doukyuusei Special (Yellow Label)
Mahjong Doukyuusei Special (Portrait CD-tsuki Shokai Genteiban) (Yellow Label)
Mahjong Final Romance 4 (Yellow Label)
Mahjong Final Romance R (Red Label)
Mahjong Final Romance R Premium Package (Red Label)
Mahjong Gakuensai (Yellow Label)
Mahjong Gakuensai (Seiyuu Interview Hi CD-tsuki Shokai Genteiban) (Yellow Label)
Mahjong Gakuensai DX ~Zenjitsu ni Matsuwaru Funsenki~
Mahjong Ganryuujima (Yellow Label)
Mahjong Gokuu Tenjiku
Mahjong Hyper Reaction R (Red Label)
Mahjong Kaigan Monogatari ~Mahjong-kyou Jidai Sexy Idol-hen~ (Yellow Label)
Mahjong Tenshi Angel Lips (Red Label)
Mahjong Yon-Shimai ~Wakakusa Monogatari~ (Red Label)
Mahjong-kyou Jidai Cebu Island '96 (Yellow Label)
Mahjong-kyou Jidai Cogal Houkago-hen (Yellow Label)
Mahou no Janshi Poe Poe Poemy (Yellow Label)
Mezase Idol Star!! Natsuiro Memories ~Mahjong-hen~ (Yellow Label)
My Fair Lady Virtual Mahjong 2 (Yellow Label)
Nihon Pro Mahjong Renmei Kounin Doujou Yaburi
Pro Mahjong Kiwame S (has Satakore rerelease)
Pro Shinan Mahjong Tsuwamono
Pyon Pyon Kyaruru no Mahjong Biyori
Shinseiki Evangelion ~Eva to Yukaina Nakama-tachi~
Shusse Mahjong Daisettai
Super Real Mahjong Graffiti (Red Label, has P's Club Genteiban release with different disc art)
Super Real Mahjong P V (Red Label, has P's Club Genteiban release with different disc art)
Super Real Mahjong P VI (Red Label, has P's Club Genteiban release with different disc art)
Super Real Mahjong P7 (Yellow Label, has P's Club Genteiban release with different disc art)
Tokimeki Mahjong Graffiti ~Toshishita no Tenshi-tachi~ (Red Label)
Tokimeki Mahjong Paradise ~Koi no Tenpai Beat~ (Red Label)
Virtual Mahjong (Yellow Label)
Yoshimoto Mahjong Club
Last edited by Steamflogger Boss on Fri May 01, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Kemono Mahjong (Android/iOS mobile devices, possible PC release in the future)

Has a full tutorial mode for beginners, ruleset is based on the European variant of Riichi (mostly a few minor changes which you can mostly toggle such as to enable Red 5s to make it like Japanese style Riichi). Multilanguage, etc. Has local multiplayer with selectable AI, also has an online multiplayer where you can play with 2-4 human players with AI players filling in for any empty seats.

The online multiplayer is a recent addition, it works by one person making a room, sending a URL link to the other people who want to join, and they tap the URL on their device which directs the game to join the room. If someone temporarily disconnects, the game automatically draws and discards for them until the game sees them rejoin. The only small issue with the online is it doesn't have in-game text chat and thinks you've disconnected when you switch to Discord/Telegram to chat ingame, so if you're playing online with someone and you want to chitchat it helps to have another device or a computer pulled up to do it or use a voice chat program, etc.
CIT

Post by CIT »

Good thread! I've been getting into mahjong recently myself.

With mahjong video games it's a little bit like with racing games. There's a spectrum from "sim" games, with pure rules and generally the 4-player variant (like the Kiwame series) to "arcade" games, usually one-on-one, that stretch the rules have have crazy special items that allow yo to "cheat" your opponent (like the Suchi-Pai series). I prefer the latter type, and definitely the strip games because I'm a pervert. :mrgreen:

I'm not aware of any couch multiplayer games and I'm not really sure how that would work, since you wouldn't be able to keep your hand concealed. Maybe there's a game that lets you synch up a number of handhelds, like some of the DS multiplayer games. But it seems to me like the best bet for multiplayer mahjong is still to just play the real thing. :wink:

The best console for arcade mahjong games is the Sega Saturn imo. The majority of good games from the mid 90s got ported to it and up until the late period of the system's lifespan nipples were allowed.

Some great resources:
http://mahjonginmame.com — Great explanation of the game (as well as Hanafuda). Has a list of recommended games, most of which were ported to the Saturn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpgcQ3A3PVE — Good video explaining the rules and how to get started.
https://www.satakore.com/saturndb.php?t ... owrating=1 — List of Saturn mahjong games (although some are also listed as compilations).
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

On a PC engine Fan X tangent (I simply want to track the thread): I have played Mahjong in real life with colleagues, hitting the sleazy places straight out of HK hard-boiled movies, here in the soft belly of Guangzhou.

...No exceptional adventures to report, but if you guys ever happen to have a chance to play IRL, grab it with both hands. Oh, and do read Akagi and other Mahjong manga by Fukumoto.
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
Steamflogger Boss

CIT wrote:Good thread! I've been getting into mahjong recently myself.

With mahjong video games it's a little bit like with racing games. There's a spectrum from "sim" games, with pure rules and generally the 4-player variant (like the Kiwame series) to "arcade" games, usually one-on-one, that stretch the rules have have crazy special items that allow yo to "cheat" your opponent (like the Suchi-Pai series). I prefer the latter type, and definitely the strip games because I'm a pervert. :mrgreen:

I'm not aware of any couch multiplayer games and I'm not really sure how that would work, since you wouldn't be able to keep your hand concealed. Maybe there's a game that lets you synch up a number of handhelds, like some of the DS multiplayer games. But it seems to me like the best bet for multiplayer mahjong is still to just play the real thing. :wink:

The best console for arcade mahjong games is the Sega Saturn imo. The majority of good games from the mid 90s got ported to it and up until the late period of the system's lifespan nipples were allowed.

Some great resources:
http://mahjonginmame.com — Great explanation of the game (as well as Hanafuda). Has a list of recommended games, most of which were ported to the Saturn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpgcQ3A3PVE — Good video explaining the rules and how to get started.
https://www.satakore.com/saturndb.php?t ... owrating=1 — List of Saturn mahjong games (although some are also listed as compilations).
Yeah I said couch but in my mind I was thinking LAN. So PC would be most likely there. Though if such a thing existed on gen 6 consoles I have enough hardware to do it. I don't want to buy a physical set because honestly it would be a pain to set-up, and time consuming.

I want to work on a Saturn list too, but it will be bigger. Combing over a list of every Dreamcast game ever released is a lot quicker than the same thing for Saturn. It will be edited into the second post eventually and any help is appreciated. Thanks for the links, even if it's missing some that is a good starting point.
Randorama wrote: Oh, and do read Akagi and other Mahjong manga by Fukumoto.
That went on forever. Looks good though.
CIT

Post by CIT »

This should be the complete list of Saturn titles:

Beach de Reach!
Cross Romance ~Koi to Mahjong to Hanafuda to~
Gal Jan
Game no Tatsujin
Game no Tatsujin 2
Gyuwambler Jikochuushinha ~Tokyo Mahjongland~
Gyuwambler Jikochuushinha ~Tokyo Mahjongland~ (Satakore)
Honkaku 4-nin Uchi Geinoujin Taikyoku Mahjong ~The Wareme DE Pon~
Honkaku Pro Mahjong Tetsuman Special
Honkaku Pro Mahjong Tetsuman Special (Satakore)
Ide Yousuke Meijin no Shin Jissen Mahjong
Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai II
Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai Mecha Genteiban ~Hatsubai 5 Shuunen Toku Package~
Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai Remix
Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai Special
Idol Mahjong Final Romance 2
Idol Mahjong Final Romance 4
Idol Mahjong Final Romance R
Idol Mahjong Final Romance R Premium Package
Jantei Battle Cos-Player
Jissen Mahjong
Kurubushi Kyoudai Gekijou Dai-ikkan Mahjong-hen
Lovely Pop 2 In 1 Jan Jan Koi Shimasho
Lovely Pop 2 In 1 Jan Jan Koi Shimasho (Genteiban)
Mahjong Doukyuusei Special
Mahjong Doukyuusei Special (Portrait CD-tsuki Shokai Genteiban)
Mahjong Gakuensai
Mahjong Gakuensai (Seiyuu Interview Hi CD-tsuki Shokai Genteiban)
Mahjong Gakuensai DX ~Zenjitsu ni Matsuwaru Funsenki~
Mahjong Ganryuujima
Mahjong Gokuu Tenjiku
Mahjong Hyper Reaction R
Mahjong Kaigan Monogatari ~Mahjong-kyou Jidai Sexy Idol-hen~
Mahjong Tenshi Angel Lips
Mahjong Yon-Shimai ~Wakakusa Monogatari~
Mahjong-kyou Jidai Cebu Island '96
Mahjong-kyou Jidai Cogal Houkago-hen
Mahou no Janshi Poe Poe Poemy
Mezase Idol Star!! Natsuiro Memories ~Mahjong-hen~
My Fair Lady Virtual Mahjong 2
Nihon Pro Mahjong Renmei Kounin Doujou Yaburi
Pro Mahjong Kiwame S
Pro Mahjong Kiwame S (Satakore)
Pro Shinan Mahjong Tsuwamono
Pyon Pyon Kyaruru no Mahjong Biyori
Shinseiki Evangelion ~Eva to Yukaina Nakama-tachi~
Shusse Mahjong Daisettai
Super Real Mahjong Graffiti
Super Real Mahjong Graffiti P's Club Genteiban
Super Real Mahjong P V
Super Real Mahjong P V P's Club Genteiban
Super Real Mahjong P VI
Super Real Mahjong P VI P's Club Genteiban
Super Real Mahjong P7
Super Real Mahjong P7 P's Club Genteiban
Tokimeki Mahjong Graffiti ~Toshishita no Tenshi-tachi~
Tokimeki Mahjong Paradise ~Koi no Tenpai Beat~
Virtual Mahjong
Yoshimoto Mahjong Club
CIT

Post by CIT »

Here's the rundown of games I've already played. Recommended titles with *

*Super Real Mahjong PV, Saturn (Seta)
Great presentation and animation, but very purist in terms of gameplay. No special items or other frills, just classic versus mahjong. I haven't been able to compare it with other games in the Super Real series. A compilation of six games was released for Switch recently.

Quest of Jongmaster, Neo Geo CD (Aicom /SNK)
Built like an RPG (but you have very little freedom, most of what goes on happens automatically), and you can use different spells and items to ward off enemy moves, which is good. Does maintain the strict time limit from the arcade in the home versions though, so that means either deciding your move in 8 seconds or pressing the pause button constantly. I personally found the art style pretty dire as well. I'm curious how the PC Engine Arcade Card port differs though, as apparently it expanded on the RPG aspects a bit more.

*Final Romance 2, Saturn (Video System)
Presentation a bit barebones and rough around the edges, but feels really nice and arcadey to me. Music sounds just like in Sonic Wings (which I like). There are some cool special items that spice things up, and the artwork is very appealing. I really like this one!
First ported to Neo Geo CD (although it’s not originally a Neo Geo game) and Saturn. The 3DO version received a slight graphics upgrade.

*Taisen Hot Gimmick, PS2, Switch (Psikyo)
Very reminiscent of Final Romance, the special items are basically also identical — so you really notice the Video System/Psikyo continuity here too. Jun Tsukasa's artworks are excellent and the dialogues are hilariously stupid.

Taisen Net Gimmick, DC (Psikyo)
Basically the same as above, but with Capcom and Psikyo characters.

**Lovely Pop 2 in 1: Janjan Koi Shimashou, Saturn (Visco)
Have Visco ever released a bad game? I love this one! Compilation of two games, Lovely Pop Mahjong Jan Jan Shimashou and Koi Koi Shimashou 2: Super Real Hanafuda. Production values ​​are extremely high, especially the animations are unusually clear and smooth for a Saturn game. Gameplay offers many interesting tricks and beginner-friendly features (for example, potential chi/pon tiles are highlighted and when you declare reach it displays what you're missing to complete your hand). Overall on a similar level to Suchi Pai II and I will definitely be spending more time on this title. I haven't tried the Hanafuda game yet.

Cross Romance, Saturn (Nichibutsu)
A dating sim adventure with Mahjong and Hanafuda. First you choose which game you want to play and then you start your "adventure." At some point I canceled play, because there was too much blah blah and still no mahjong anywhere to be found. So I tried the free taisen mode instead, but here you can only compete against the characters you have unlocked in the main game. In any case, it's the 4-player version you play here, which is why it takes forever to actually win a match. Character designs and video quality (very grainy) look cheap, imo. Overall disappointing.

**Idol Janshi Suchi-Pai II, Saturn (Jaleco)
My absolute favorite so far! Super sleek production, rapid and exciting gameplay, and lots of interesting items and minigames to spice things up. Defeated characters join your team and you can then use their superpowers. There's a nice compilation for Saturn called Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai Mecha Genteiban that features Suchi-Pai I & II and an adventure minigame. (It does remove nudity over the stand-alone versions though.)
Last edited by CIT on Sat May 02, 2020 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steamflogger Boss

CIT I ended up compiling the list in the second post and denoting Red/Yellow label and other things. I spoilered it to try and prevent scroll wheel insanity.

Appreciate the reviews.
BIL

Post by BIL »

CIT wrote:This should be the complete list of Saturn titles:
Holy cow :shock: I figured there must be a few but that's quite the range.

Always had a passing curiosity about these. Recently noticed that one of the more prominent early first-party FC games I'm missing is Mahjong. Always thought it was third-party. No boobs in that one AFAIK, you want FC boobs you gotta get your shmup on and fire up Sqoon. :wink:
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Another weird, cool Mahjong game worth potentially checking out is Jyangokushi - Haou no Saihai for the CPS-2 arcade hardware. It's based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms style strategic invasions where you play a general conquering China and you play Mahjong matches, with how many points you each start with dependent on the strength of the army in the area. Apparently Icarus has been playing it a fair bit and can explain more what's going on with it, but it's a neat departure from the usual half-naked anime girls themed games.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Will I dare enter the thread to ask :oops: ... :oops: how do even one play mahjong ?
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I was surprised to see Nintendo's Vs. Majhong on the eShop. It's probably very basic, though.
BIL

Post by BIL »

guigui wrote:Will I dare enter the thread to ask :oops: ... :oops: how do even one play mahjong ?
First thing to do is get your look down. You need a functionally sexy body of iron! In the event you're obligated to strip, this will intimidate and/or arouse your opponent, disrupting their game.

^ Ryu is struggling not to flip the table with his confused but nonetheless raging boner

1) Do heavy compound lifts M/W/F and moderate cardio T/T/S with minimum 8hrs sleep per night
2) Consume lots of lean protein and leafy veggies, with moderate healthy fats, and plenty of water
3) Buy a fundoshi
4) ???
5) Majhong! Image
guigui

Post by guigui »

^ this must be the clearest message you posted on this forum for years, I enjoy life and you.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Random (Access) Memories:

Taisen Net Gimmick is probably Psikyo's last game. Psikyo's boss (the guy who also worked at V-system...too lazy to look up his name) is the "final boss". The Hot Gimmick series also receives a +1 from me - the dialogues and the perviness are top-notch. The Suchi Pai series is also great, from what I recall. I am quite honestly tempted to buy another Saturn and some titles for these and the Shmups (and EAR, of course!).

GuiGui: you really need a tutorial and some practice runs. Rules are not particularly hard but learning the ropes of turn-taking (i.e. how to discard tiles in a useful manner, which moves are legit and which are not, etc.) does requires some practice.

I vaguely remember that some card games played in Latin/Romance countries are similar to it. I remember learning it as a teen and finding it similar to Scala 40 or Canasta, which might be card/rummy games you know from...grandparents playing this in taverns or at public gardens :mrgreen:

EDIT: Mahjong is a type of rummy game, so if you played one of those before, you may have an inkling on the basics.

SteamF.: Yeah, Akagi is a textbook case of the "forever dragging-on pattern" in Manga. All I need to say that I was finishing my BA when I started reading it....15 years ago :lol:

BIRU: small edit, if I may:

3.a) Shave your hairy Gaijin butt (because we are all hairy bears with big noses, after all)
3.b) Fudonshi
4) ??? (=practice abstinence for 2 weeks so even nipples may trigger mighty boners)
5) Mahjong!
Last edited by Randorama on Sat May 02, 2020 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I have played some Majhong online before, but I probably need a refresher before I play again. I also like Mahong Solitaire/Shanghai, but that's a completely different game.

If I remember correctly, Majhong has some similarities to a game I grew up with named Rummikub.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

CIT wrote:**Lovely Pop 2 in 1: Janjan Koi Shimashou, Saturn (Visco)
Have Visco ever released a bad game? I love this one! Compilation of two games, Lovely Pop Mahjong Jan Jan Shimashou and Koi Koi Shimashou 2: Super Real Hanafuda. Production values ​​are extremely high, especially the animations are unusually clear and smooth for a Saturn game. Gameplay offers many interesting tricks and beginner-friendly features (for example, potential chi/pon tiles are highlighted and when you declare reach it displays what you're missing to complete your hand). Overall on a similar level to Suchi Pai II and I will definitely be spending more time on this title. I haven't tried the Hanafuda game yet.
Looks like I have a new Saturn game to track down once the shipping embargo is lifted.
CIT wrote:**Idol Janshi Suchi-Pai II, Saturn (Jaleco)
My absolute favorite so far! Super sleek production, rapid and exciting gameplay, and lots of interesting items and minigames to spice things up. Defeated characters join your team and you can then use their superpowers. There's a nice compilation for Saturn called Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai Mecha Genteiban that features Suchi-Pai I & II and an adventure minigame. (It does remove nudity over the stand-alone versions though.)
There is a minor gameplay difference between Suchie Pai II and the Mecha Genteiban version of SP2... IIRC, the full version of SP2 forces immediate item usage when applicable while the MG version allows you to choose if you would like to use said items or not (this adds a bit more strategy as you may desire a certain item for later in the match).

The adventure minigame in the MG release uses the same engine as the dedicated adventure game Doki Doki Nightmare.

You should also track down the final Suchie Pai (SP IV) on PS2 if you don't already have it. Excellent visuals, loads of things to unlock and even more ridiculous/broken items to use.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

guigui wrote:Will I dare enter the thread to ask :oops: ... :oops: how do even one play mahjong ?
- Buy one of the localized Yakuza titles, it's a minigame in most of those
- Spend some time familiarizing oneself with the rules, which are accessible in English anytime during a match
- Start with the "Easy" opponents
- Get your butt thoroughly kicked anyway
- Give up
Steamflogger Boss

BulletMagnet wrote:
- Buy one of the localized Yakuza titles, it's a minigame in most of those
- Spend some time familiarizing oneself with the rules, which are accessible in English anytime during a match
- Start with the "Easy" opponents
- Get your butt thoroughly kicked anyway
- Give up
Alternatively you can take my route, farm the medium table for $$$. :lol:
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Watch the first 13 episodes of the Akagi anime. It does an excellent job teaching all the basics of the game.
CIT

Post by CIT »

Or watch the 15 minute video I posted above:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpgcQ3A3PVE

It’s really all you need to get started, since a lot of mahjong rules about dealing order, setting dora, etc, don’t even apply to videogames as this is all automated by the CPU. ;)
CIT

Post by CIT »

Kiken wrote:There is a minor gameplay difference between Suchie Pai II and the Mecha Genteiban version of SP2... IIRC, the full version of SP2 forces immediate item usage when applicable while the MG version allows you to choose if you would like to use said items or not (this adds a bit more strategy as you may desire a certain item for later in the match).

The adventure minigame in the MG release uses the same engine as the dedicated adventure game Doki Doki Nightmare.

You should also track down the final Suchie Pai (SP IV) on PS2 if you don't already have it. Excellent visuals, loads of things to unlock and even more ridiculous/broken items to use.
Good to know about the Suchie-Pai II differences! I haven't actually played the stand-alone version of II yet. I did beat the adventure that's included in the Genteiban, it was cute and short, but didn't really do much for me.

Thanks for the heads up on SPIV! I'm definitely gonna try to track it down, it looks really good. I'm also looking for G-taste Mahjong for PS2.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

so, i've been playing some mahjong on the kemono app that roo mentioned and i simply can't figure out what brings about the end of 'match' or whatever you call a series of games in mahjong. it seems to just be completely random, but sure it's not. can anyone enlighten me?
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Check the settings you have under Rules. There's a toggle to end the game if anyone falls into negative scores (more Japanese Riichi style as opposed to European Riichi which allows negative scores to continue the game). And there's an option to toggle how many rounds (1 round = at least 4 hands) you play: 1 East round, or two rounds, East then South, where each player sits East once each round, rounds can go longer than 4 hands if the person sitting as east makes consecutive wins. The game can also end if Agari-Yame is On, where if the last person of the game is Easy, they can choose to end the game if they win while in 1st place (recommended On).

So with End on Negative Scores On, and East+South Round set, the game would end if anyone dropped to negative scores at any point, or after 2 rounds of gameplay, accounting for additional hands of consecutive wins for players sitting as East which can mean each round goes on longer than just 4 hands.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

what an insane game.
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Aren't there any videogames with the chinese mahjohng rules?
X - P - B
CIT

Post by CIT »

There are, but they suck, because they don’t have any waifus.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Been playing jongs for years, currently run a Sunday jong evening with peeps on my Twitch stream (we have between 3-4 full tables worth of active players usually), and currently half a year into a documentation project that covers every arcade, console and handheld mahjong ever (of which I have a scheduled streaming day every Monday).
You can find the public read-only version of the document here: http://j.mp/masterjongslist - includes stream highlights for games played.
Note that I don't and won't include the solitare version of mahjong (known as Shanghai) in this project.
Steamflogger Boss

Thanks for sharing Icarus. Very handy list.