Robotron 10-million points run attempt - live on Twitch.tv

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
opt2not

Robotron 10-million points run attempt - live on Twitch.tv

Post by opt2not »

Setting up my cabinets for live streaming is something I've been wanting to do for a while now. I managed to pick-up all the neccesary gear to get clean A/V out of an arcade cab and streamed live online with cameras and a mic embedded in the feed.

I've got my Robotron Cabaret wired up and outputting the A/V to a capture card in my PC, at the same time of being fully functional for gaming. The format will be 3 inputs into the stream, 1. the Game Capture, 2. Control Panel Camera showing what my hands are doing, 3. Behind the Shoulder View Camera as if you're standing behind me at an arcade. :)

The initial plan is to do a weekly stream on twitch.tv playing original, non-emulated games, either on the Arcade cabs or on Consoles. Later I plan on expanding this to 2 nights a week, and the second night will feature me doing artwork for arcade art commissions, pixel art/animation, or artwork that is for my portfolio.

My first stream is going to be a 10-million points attempt at Robotron. This will be a longer stream than what I want to do regularily, this should run me about 2.5 hour -- approximately.

Stop on by my channel this Thursday, April 9th 2020 @ 9PM PST for some high-paced Robotron action!

https://www.twitch.tv/gillaxian
Bratwurst

Re: Robotron 10-million points run attempt - live on Twitch.

Post by Bratwurst »

Nice, I'll tune in for a bit when you give it a go.
opt2not

Post by opt2not »

Bratwurst wrote:Nice, I'll tune in for a bit when you give it a go.
Awesome! This going to be fun, and a little nerve racking. Hopefully it all runs smoothly. I’ve never streamed before, so please forgive my noobness on stream. As I do this more I’m sure I’ll get better at it.

I figure streaming live is a bit more legit and personal than just uploading videos to YouTube.

9PM PST! See you then! :wink:
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Oooh this is in a few hours. I'll tube in:)

Good luck!
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
opt2not

Post by opt2not »

Thanks for tuning in! I didn’t get to hit the 10 million points, but I got up to 8.3 in my last run.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/587920817
The 8.3 run starts at the 4hr mark.

This was fun! I’m definitely looking forward to my next stream.
I think I’m going to play SmashTV next.

Stay tuned!
Square_Air

Post by Square_Air »

opt2not wrote:I think I’m going to play SmashTV next.

Stay tuned!
Nice. Smash TV is brutal, I'd love to see how well you make out in that one.
ImageImageImage
| 1cc | Twitch |
it290

Post by it290 »

Is there any way to watch the run? No longer available on Twitch it seems
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
opt2not

Post by opt2not »

it290 wrote:Is there any way to watch the run? No longer available on Twitch it seems
My apologies. I’m a noob at Twitch’s terrible UI. After I made that highlight I downloaded the full stream video then deleted the online copy thinking I could upload a trimmed down version. There was a 1-hour wait at the beginning before I started that I wanted to remove. Turns out, you can’t upload a video till you’re a Twitch Affiliate. Grrr.

Once I get Affiliation I’ll upload it back. In the meantime I should probably put it up on YouTube. I’ll try to get to that soon and will send out a link.
it290

Post by it290 »

Cool. All this stay-at-homeness actually has me wanting to try some of this stuff out for myself, so that's good to know. No idea what I'll play (yet), but I have a capture card on the way so hopefully I can put together something decent and/or entertaining. :) Maybe I'll ape your setup with my Taxi pinball machine and try for a high score :)
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
opt2not

Post by opt2not »

Here's the youtube upload of the full stream:

https://youtu.be/3utEINyUnWs

I'll do another 10 million run of this again eventually, but next stream I'll be playing SmashTV! Thursday 6PM PST (9PM EST).