shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:28 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: News for importers: Japan Post parcel restrictions
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 2:28 am 


User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Posts: 14600
Location: Chicago
FinalBaton wrote:
^^^^^^^
Yeah, proxy I use specified in their covid warning that Japan Post is buried in shipment and that big delays are to be expected. Sounds to me like a perfect scenario for packages to get lost in the shuffle. Not gonna take that risk


You would think so, but organization is something Japan somehow excels at... despite the chaos and over complicating of everything done the Japanese way. We'll see... but I would rather my packages be stuck in Japan Post purgatory than USPS anything.
_________________
RegalSin wrote:
New PowerPuff Girls. They all have evil pornstart eyelashes.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: News for importers: Japan Post parcel restrictions
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 5:17 am 


User avatar

Joined: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 2173
Location: Eating the Rich
Well the figure did release on time. $56 EMS vs $108 DHL (3 figures total in the order so it is fairly heavy). Might be a bit too steep for me to go with DHL.
_________________
I'm a prisoner in my own mind. I feel like these walls talkin' to me. I feel like these walls talkin' to me (in my own mind).


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: News for importers: Japan Post parcel restrictions
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 3:16 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Mar 2015
Posts: 3923
Location: Québec City
GaijinPunch wrote:
You would think so, but organization is something Japan somehow excels at... despite the chaos and over complicating of everything done the Japanese way. We'll see... but I would rather my packages be stuck in Japan Post purgatory than USPS anything.

Ah, interesting. The proxy themselves on their site mention the possibility of lost items, which is why I mentionned it. But maybe they're being overtly careful in covering themselves and maybe there's no real risk. I'll think about it
_________________
-FM Synth & Black Metal-


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: News for importers: Japan Post parcel restrictions
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 3:36 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 2173
Location: Eating the Rich
Steamflogger Boss wrote:
Well the figure did release on time. $56 EMS vs $108 DHL (3 figures total in the order so it is fairly heavy). Might be a bit too steep for me to go with DHL.


Only about $100 actually, but still bad. Turns out I would need to just wait if I picked the other shipping options. Not really in the mood for that (plus who knows when it clears up) so I swallowed the crap pill. $274 total that originally I had budgeted $220-ish for.
_________________
I'm a prisoner in my own mind. I feel like these walls talkin' to me. I feel like these walls talkin' to me (in my own mind).


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: News for importers: Japan Post parcel restrictions
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 3:05 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 2173
Location: Eating the Rich
Got here fine

https://i.imgur.com/ZGI9Gle.jpg
_________________
I'm a prisoner in my own mind. I feel like these walls talkin' to me. I feel like these walls talkin' to me (in my own mind).


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: News for importers: Japan Post parcel restrictions
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:06 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 1681
Location: France
This is the tracking for my Airmail Small Packet International from Japan to France :

Code:
05/14/2020 19:30    Arrival at outward office of exchange       OSAKA INT    OSAKA

05/24/2020 16:15    Dispatch from outward office of exchange       OSAKA INT    OSAKA

05/27/2020 12:00    Arrival at inward office of exchange       ROISSY PIAC    FRANCE
 
05/27/2020 21:32    Departure from inward office of exchange       ROISSY COURRIER INTERNATIONAL    FRANCE



Well, apart from that 10 days wait before taking the plane in Osaka, everything works normally.
_________________
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: News for importers: Japan Post parcel restrictions
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:34 am 


User avatar

Joined: 04 Aug 2010
Posts: 813
Well, at least Steamflogger Boss and guigui's packages got delivered, mines hasn't moved since 4/15/20 (its a JP X360) and its still stuck in Osaka with EMS shipping. I know I'm not gonna see that being delivered for a long while until the restictions are lifted.
_________________
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: News for importers: Japan Post parcel restrictions
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 11:09 am 


User avatar

Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Posts: 51
Location: .au
All of my economy parcels from Japan were returned to sender but the ones shipped by surface arrived just fine.

My parcels shipped to the US took ages - as many as 40-50 days to deliver when under normal circumstances, it should be 7 to 14 days. My personal recurring joke is that every time a buyer opens an Item Not Received case, the tracking updates shortly after saying "arrived at US". Then I breathe a sigh of relief.

What's the current situation regarding the rioters and USPS post offices? Apparently a Minneapolis post office was torched and a Fed Ex truck elsewhere was invaded and ransacked. I've already blacklisted South America from purchasing, maybe I should add the North too...
_________________
プロジェクトさいさいへい -まるごと埼玉最終兵器- All About S.S.H.
~Project SaiSaiHei - The Saitama Saisyu Heiki Fan Site~


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: News for importers: Japan Post parcel restrictions
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 3:54 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Posts: 14600
Location: Chicago
layzee wrote:
What's the current situation regarding the rioters and USPS post offices? Apparently a Minneapolis post office was torched and a Fed Ex truck elsewhere was invaded and ransacked. I've already blacklisted South America from purchasing, maybe I should add the North too...


In STL there were multiple delivery trucks looted. One resulted in a reportedly gruesome death when it took off, as you might imagine an 18 wheeler would do to human flesh.
_________________
RegalSin wrote:
New PowerPuff Girls. They all have evil pornstart eyelashes.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: News for importers: Japan Post parcel restrictions
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 6:02 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Posts: 51
Location: .au
GaijinPunch wrote:
layzee wrote:
What's the current situation regarding the rioters and USPS post offices? Apparently a Minneapolis post office was torched and a Fed Ex truck elsewhere was invaded and ransacked. I've already blacklisted South America from purchasing, maybe I should add the North too...


In STL there were multiple delivery trucks looted. One resulted in a reportedly gruesome death when it took off, as you might imagine an 18 wheeler would do to human flesh.


Ah yes, saw that one on LiveLeak. When a person (e.g. a looter) places oneself between two people-sized wheels, those wheels belonging to a truck driver, who under extreme circumstances (e.g. a riot) decides to hit accelerate to get out of there, and the wheels start turning (with aforementioned person still there)... the end results are darwinally predictable.

Anyway, as (bad) luck would have it, I have one parcel currently heading to Minneapolis and one to St. Louis. Fingers crossed.
_________________
プロジェクトさいさいへい -まるごと埼玉最終兵器- All About S.S.H.
~Project SaiSaiHei - The Saitama Saisyu Heiki Fan Site~


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group