Boss Machine Designs

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
XoPachi

Boss Machine Designs

Post by XoPachi »

Hello boys and girls. I don't know where to make this. I wish to share something with you fine folk since I feel like this forum is the best place to ask for guidance.
I want to strike up a general discussion on the topic of good *visual* machine design in shooters as that's a subject I ponder quite a bit. I wager talking about it with veteran enthusiasts within the genre would help me greatly. I'm also aware there is great talent among the forum goers here. I'd love feedback on what is my personal best design to date.

My good handsome boy.
Spoiler
I don't do these often, but when I'm up for it, I take great time with them and am passionate about each one. I'm hoping the inspirations and function are apparent. I haven't decided on color yet.

Thank you. 'u`
M.Knight

Re: Boss Machine Designs

Post by M.Knight »

That's one hella cool boss! You have the bee motif from DDP but at the same time the giant core in the middle also reminds me of Gradius with a Salamander head, it's quite a good blend. And the amount of detail and the multiple parts are quite impressive! Depending on the kind of patterns you have, maybe it could gain to have more elements and parts that obviously look like bullet spawners. Turrets, cannons, stuff like that. It's not mandatory of course but it can help in the context of the game, especially if you have destructible boss parts/cannons.

The one thing I would axe are the little vertical lines near the top right and top left, under the tip of the wings. Nothing else in the entire design has a width so small that it comes off as a single line in the drawing, so it looks out of place, like an unexplored leftover scribbling from the original sketch.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project