What Image Hosting site do you use, and how do you use it?

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Jonpachi

What Image Hosting site do you use, and how do you use it?

Post by Jonpachi »

I used to use Photobucket back in the day when it was free, but lately I've had a ton of issues trying to post images to the forum. No matter what link I try, I just see [img]LINKTEXT[/img]. Super frustrating. Anyone got a good free option to try?
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
BulletMagnet

Re: What Image Hosting site do you use, and how do you use i

Post by BulletMagnet »

I ditched Photobucket some time back myself, and someone on here pointed me towards ImgBB, which has served my purposes pretty well since.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Imgur. If it goes to shit my posts will become unreadable hellscapes, but life is short. Image Image
null1024

Post by null1024 »

I can second Imgur.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
kitten

Post by kitten »

thirded. it's the best option for most needs and situations and very unlikely to go anywhere or substantially change policies anytime soon
~Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Image | Image
~*~*~*~*~*~* If there's a place that I could be ~ Then I'd be another memory *~*~*~*~*~*~
Queen Charlene

Post by Queen Charlene »

imgur, my own webspace, or sometimes i'll just upload something to Discord and then link it off-app. i've actually been doing the latter a lot lately.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

So I tried Imgur on a recent post and had the same problem and no image would show. Ended up just posting the link. What link am I supposed to be using?
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
BIL

Post by BIL »

This one:

Linked BBcode is handy when you want a "click for full res" thumbnail - just put an h, l, m or s (huge/large/medium/small) on the image link.

^ quote this post and check the HTML, for an example
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Queen Charlene wrote:imgur, my own webspace, or sometimes i'll just upload something to Discord and then link it off-app. i've actually been doing the latter a lot lately.
Totally been there. I have discord up a lot so sometimes it's just easier. Generally I use imgur though.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Imgur. I used to use photobucket before it went to crap.
qmish

Post by qmish »

I never understood why everyone was using piece of shit services like photobucket, tinypic, imageshack etc. It almost offends me that somebody still use them.

Imgur is OK, but i personally don't like it, as 1) additional compression they do 2) Interface and functionality became worse over the years

Usually i use postimages.org or, even i want lossless, abload.de (or, perhaps, cubeupload).

imgbb is kind of nice, too. I also used to use Flickr heavily for image hosting, but recently they shifted focus to be mainly a portfolio site for photographers so you can't have more than 1000 pics on free account there. I guess GooglePhotos can fill "casual image hosting" role instead now.

For (optionally) nsfw pics, imagebam is most decent one. Others have horrible uiux, ads, banners and worse. Also imagevenue, if can stomach flash interface.