Shinobi — System 16 port to Mega Drive

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
it290

Shinobi — System 16 port to Mega Drive

Post by it290 »

Wow, this is looking amazing so far. Apparently this project has been in the works for some time, but this is the first I've heard of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag0Ajv7MH1Q

Thread on Sega-16:
http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread ... ort/page34
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
mycophobia

Re: Shinobi — System 16 port to Mega Drive

Post by mycophobia »

Extremely cool, thanks for sharing
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

holy crap!

This looks amazing@!
Ajora

Post by Ajora »

Looks great. I've played through the Master System port but never any of the other iterations. As I recall, the difficulty wasn't too rough for the most part, but there was one unforgivingly precise jump and two tough bosses which resulted in the game feeling a bit uneven. Still, it was a damn good Master System game. Shinobi 3 remains one of my favorite video games of all time.
There was a time, in the era of great chaos, when the Earth and the moon were at war with each other. A daredevil from the moon piloted a bizarre aircraft. It was feared, and because of its shape, called... Einhander.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Ajora wrote:Looks great. I've played through the Master System port but never any of the other iterations. As I recall, the difficulty wasn't too rough for the most part, but there was one unforgivingly precise jump and two tough bosses which resulted in the game feeling a bit uneven. Still, it was a damn good Master System game. Shinobi 3 remains one of my favorite video games of all time.
Yes I know the jump your talking about. It was always heartbreaking as a kid when I missed it.

I'm pretty sure there is a stage select code somewhere.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

I kinda like the colors in the MD version better. :shock:
bottino

Post by bottino »

Yeah, it's an amazing piece of work, but it comes as no surprise to me; tryphon is a wizard and knows the ins and outs of the Mega Drive like few do.
Ajora wrote:Looks great. I've played through the Master System port but never any of the other iterations. As I recall, the difficulty wasn't too rough for the most part, but there was one unforgivingly precise jump and two tough bosses which resulted in the game feeling a bit uneven. Still, it was a damn good Master System game.
Yeah, that jump on stage 4-1 was nasty; I had a lot of great runs that ended on that fucking pit. You can use the floating magic to get through it though.
Solid game and I'm glad that they didn't try to replicate the arcade game, instead making something that Master System could actually handle well.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I will support this is if a cartridge version comes out.

I'm a sucker for anything like this. 8)
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Udderdude wrote:I kinda like the colors in the MD version better. :shock:
I've never actually the colors used in any of Sega's System 16B games. They all have these odd, pillowy, pastel looking colors. Smoothly shaded, but kinda ugly.
This release really has much more striking colors.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

OMG That's rad af Image
So cool to see my bae MEGA-DURAIBU handling the game so well. I always believed!
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

just played this on my Genesis. its sick. I mean its obviously very incomplete (no bosses, no score, no POW, ends after 2-2) but it looks, feels and sounds very much like the arcade game, except the ninjas were a little off, like they were a little too fast. would be awesome to see a completed version someday.
it290

Post by it290 »

Yeah, I don't remember the ninjas respawning the same way they do here either — just needs to be cleaned up I imagine. Incredible work thus far.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.