Paypal payments slow!

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
neorichieb1971

Paypal payments slow!

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Anyone noticed how paypal transactions take an age to show on your bank account?

Its very misleading if your ebaying, amazoning, play-asiaing.. because you end up getting bankrupting.

Its taking about a 5 days at the moment which is ridiculous. The recipients seem to be happy they got their money straight away.

Thoughts? Is this because of the holidays/back log etc?
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
SuperPang

Re: Paypal payments slow!

Post by SuperPang »

Direct Debit?
6t8k

Post by 6t8k »

I think it's notable how debits *to* PayPal always are a lot quicker than debits/refunds *from* PayPal (assuming recipients are happy to get their money straight away *on* PayPal). At least that's my experience.

The reason for that is obvious to me: PayPal can speculate better this way, because 1) they have the money in their books for a longer time and 2) they know in advance when it will be gone.
Bratwurst

Post by Bratwurst »

Just want to remark that I've noticed Paypal's interface has gotten buggier and sloppy. I double check my shipping labels before initiating them now because the to-and-from addresses occasionally get swapped with the wrong information (like a storefront unrelated to me.)

I've also had internal Paypal payments simply not show up in my activity history yet the funds were added to my available total.
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Bratwurst wrote:Just want to remark that I've noticed Paypal's interface has gotten buggier and sloppy. I double check my shipping labels before initiating them now because the to-and-from addresses occasionally get swapped with the wrong information (like a storefront unrelated to me.)

I've also had internal Paypal payments simply not show up in my activity history yet the funds were added to my available total.
https://www.pirateship.com/

Been enjoying using this over paypal shipping for the last year+.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

Yeah, I have noticed that paypal balances I transfer to my bank do take excessively long.. like more than 3 days.

My particular beef with paypal is how their's and eBay's currency conversion estimator has always been misleading and always ends up billing me for more than the estimator indicated.
And do they still charge the payee and recipient for "currency conversion fees"? That always seemed like they were double dipping.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

PayPal worry me at the moment as they've acted like my password's wrong three times in a few days, and I'm pretty sure I didn't make any mistakes.
I just hope I will never be fooled by some phishing fraud site or something.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"