Shovel Knight Treasure Trove: Spade! Burst! Reap! Rule!

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
NYN

Shovel Knight Treasure Trove: Spade! Burst! Reap! Rule!

Post by NYN »

With the release of King of Cards and Showdown Shovel Knight is completed.

I wanted to give it a proper place, hence a own topic.

Personally, when I tried the game pre-Specter of Torment, I was in the This is nice column, and with Plaque of Shadows it was Burst or bust. Later Spectey elevated it. And now it is the prince who'd be King Knight I'm gonna delve into.

What about you? Don't try to tell me anybody who played it would pass this up. I wouldn't believe it.
"I've transmuted into a super being. I'll proof it by killing you." -NGIII ( words to kill by )
Blinge

Re: Shovel Knight Treasure Trove: Spade! Burst! Reap! Rule!

Post by Blinge »

Holy shit. I forgot about King Knight.

Will dig in on friday or sunday I guess!
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

So far it's rad. King Knight is a massive overhaul of the game

The action is great as usual, Kingo comes with his own movements and rules to get used to, which is exactly what I wanted.
Not a big fan of card games as I mentioned elsewhere but i'll try and stick it out. I suppose that's why you can buy cheats off chester.
As usual the writing and characterisation is great, consistent sense of humour.
guigui

Post by guigui »

I backed the game when it first came out on the 3DS. Any chance I can get the new content for free or discounted on Switch ?
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Austin

Post by Austin »

I bought Shovel Knight on the Wii U when it first came out and never really played it. Finally dived into the original campaign on Thursday and ripped through it in one sitting. Had a blast with it, couldn't really find any faults. Went back a second time on New Game+ and continued to enjoy myself, though I gave up at the very end (boss rush). What a crazy difficulty spike.

Anyway, fantastic game. I'll definitely be diving into the DLC sometime soon.
guigui wrote:I backed the game when it first came out on the 3DS. Any chance I can get the new content for free or discounted on Switch ?
Unlikely, unfortunately. You will only get the new content for whatever version you had already purchased (3DS). You will need to re-buy the game on Switch to get it all there, and the price has gone up to $40 for the full package.
NYN

Re: you twist my heart into a spade

Post by NYN »

Blinge wrote: Not a big fan of card games as I mentioned elsewhere but i'll try and stick it out.
Me neither. I thought the Leaque of Railing Young Women should extent their invitations by the end of the year. But then it all changed. I found it rather fun to get into the groove, until I encountered Skip the fishing lad. Dang him, he drives a hard rod. Don't lose your unique cards to this behemoth! He will use it to strip you to your royal striped shorts. Spread the word!
"I've transmuted into a super being. I'll proof it by killing you." -NGIII ( words to kill by )
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

I mean, I'm gonna ALT+F4 as soon as I lose
No way am i gonna lose cards.
NYN

Re: decked out

Post by NYN »

Yes! System reset when lost :!:
Where is the patch, Yacht Club Games?! This is intolerable!
Card farmers are best farmers evrybdy nose.
Marc

Post by Marc »

I didn't really get on with the original, but I do keep meaning to go back and give it another go. Maybe I'll pick up the new one and try that instead, the card game has me intrigued.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Play as Spectre Knight then, he has the fastest, flashy movement.

King's movement is faster than Shovel's I guess but he's trickier to handle, I don't think I'm used to him myself yet. Also the 'campaign' has changed a lot for him.
NYN

stop talking to each other! please!

Post by NYN »

Cleared KK's campaign. Fun. The final boss has Super Konami taste and Mega Treasure flavour. The secret boss is
Spoiler
Squaresoft Esper-esque.
Wasn't patient enough with the phases and made it harder on myself.

Tried out Showdown several times. Could be fun if you're into battle royale.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Haha yeah the secret boss? I was yelling wtf is this FF four!?

I've beaten every card opponent but mostly through the help of my friend who loves card mini games so I screenshared the game with him. It's not all that difficult in the end, but apparently NG+ makes the card game harder. fuck that.

As for the gameplay of NG+ jesus, this is a tough one!
King Knight's HP is reduced to 4 and his heirlooms now cost gold to use instead of MP/Vigor.
However! If you get hit you lose all your gold, it bounces around the screen in gem form like sonic's rings. argh!

This is combined with a gold multiplier that goes up to x5 by hitting enemies, it resets when you get hit. I love that.
However in Shovel Knight usually if you get hit, you shrug it off, or trade damage. This multiplier means that if i get hit I get immediately pissed off. :|

Edit: oh and here's my Shovel of Hope no items no upgrades run
https://youtu.be/iY6ATFzif9s