Vampire Savior 2 on the CPS 2

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
awbacon

Vampire Savior 2 on the CPS 2

Post by awbacon »

https://youtu.be/WyGd9pwelFw

Who else has a lot of love for the entire Darkstalkers / Vampire Savior franchise? When I was deciding what video to do last on the CPS 2, this was definitely the game I wanted to close out with.

Compared to SF though, this feels like it definitely gets relegated to the backburner of Capcom fighters, which is a bummer to me. While I love Alpha 3, if I had to get pick one it would def be Vampire Savior 2
KAI

Re: Vampire Savior 2 on the CPS 2

Post by KAI »

Nice video, love the vampire series, but imo vsav1>>2
Bloodreign

Post by Bloodreign »

I love the series enough to have both US PS1 versions on PS3, both physical copies of the Japanese versions of 1 and 3, the Japanese Saturn versions of Hunter and Savior, and the PS2 Japanese Darkstalkers Collection (which has Vampire Hunter 2 and Vampire Savior 2).
awbacon

Post by awbacon »

Bloodreign wrote:I love the series enough to have both US PS1 versions on PS3, both physical copies of the Japanese versions of 1 and 3, the Japanese Saturn versions of Hunter and Savior, and the PS2 Japanese Darkstalkers Collection (which has Vampire Hunter 2 and Vampire Savior 2).
I just wish Capcom would revamp the series at this point. They cant just be the SF / Resident Evil company
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

Saturn VS > CPS2 VS > VS2. The additions to the rooster could be better integrated in 1P mode, though.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Its strange that I see this posted because I just picked up a physical copy of Vampire Resurrection for the PS3 earlier today off ebay.

I have the Collection for PS2 as well.

Next would most likely be Chronicles for the Dreamcast. Use to own it way way back too.

Been wanting to pick up a CPS2 board to add to the arcade PCB library and Vampire Savior made it on the list of considerations.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

awbacon wrote:I just wish Capcom would revamp the series at this point. They cant just be the SF / Resident Evil company
Well, they're also the Monster Hunter, Dragon's Dogma, Mega Man, Devil May Cry, Ace Attorney, Dead Rising, and Onimusha company.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!