My hyper new geo 64 driving conversion project

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
awbacon

My hyper new geo 64 driving conversion project

Post by awbacon »

https://youtu.be/KuvnHr1nZBw

I foolishly decided converting my rev 2 fighting motherboard to a driving motherboard and wiring up a console wheel and pedal set would be easy lolol

Anyone ever play the hyper in the wild? I only ever saw and played Beast Busters 64 but I never saw the driving games. Hopefully soon I’ll have them working at home
BIL

Re: My hyper new geo 64 driving conversion project

Post by BIL »

I actually did play at least one of the Hyper NG64 racers... I think it might've been Road's Edge. Don't recall much of the game itself, but I remember the cab's presence well, as all the mags were previewing Sam Sho 64 at the time. We tended to get only the most mainstream stuff, so it was odd to get brand-new SNK hardware.

A real swan song era looking back, with that and the NGPC and before long the Dreamcast all on the market.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

You can actually still play Samsho 64 at HEY! in Akihabara. I've never seen the racers in the wild though. I love Beast Buster's 64, I found that one in a random supermarket in bumfuck nowhere Japan and played it for about an hour. That's a game I'd kill to play more of, but I've never seen it again.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Very cool project. I've never seen one of the Hyper64 games in the wild, let alone one of the racing titles.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
awbacon

Post by awbacon »

https://youtu.be/BTgZFf4n7Bc

Another part. I think I never posted part 2 but it’s on there as well. Damn project still isn’t finished