OSSC wii virtual console vs standard emulation picture?

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
cave hermit

OSSC wii virtual console vs standard emulation picture?

Post by cave hermit »

I recently got my OSSC hooked up to a tv that supports line 5x mode, so I've been thinking of getting some high quality wii component cables and wiring my Wii up to the OSSC for 240p virtual console games.

Thing is that from my understanding people usually use 240p virtual console for easy PVM emulator setups. Given that I'm essentially still using a LCD monitor, is there any real quality improvement using 240p virtual console with a OSSC compared to simply using something like retroarch set to HD resolution?
it290

Re: OSSC wii virtual console vs standard emulation picture?

Post by it290 »

Doubtful. Depends on your preferences but no doubt the Wii's emulator is laggier and you'll have way more shader options with retroarch if you like scanlines. The configuration you're considering would be more useful for actual Wii and Gamecube games IMO.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Wii has sort of bad analog output. It's not a big deal for 240p, but a PC emulator will still look better.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

Welp, I already ordered the component cables :oops:

I guess I can load up GX loader and use the wii for some authentic gamecube action...