shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:39 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Has Valentine Restaurant gotten any better over the years?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:45 am 

I've only eaten there once in my life, and that was approximately 15 years ago when I visited Quebec. I had a burger and fries combo, and it's too this date one of the worst meals I've ever had. I quite literally gagged on it. It's easily the worst hamburger restaurant I've ever been to. It's even worse than Lick's. But as I've said, this was all a very long time ago. I was wondering if perhaps they may have gotten better over the years or if their food still tastes like vomit.

https://www.valentine.ca/en/
There was a time, in the era of great chaos, when the Earth and the moon were at war with each other. A daredevil from the moon piloted a bizarre aircraft. It was feared, and because of its shape, called... Einhander.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Has Valentine Restaurant gotten any better over the year
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:18 pm 

Valentine is pretty terrible, don't go there(I don't think it has gotten any better). And Belle-Province chain is "meh". If you want good poutine, go to mom and pop "fries shack" (we call them "casse-croûtes"). you hardly go wrong with these and they have very thick cut fries that are double-fried, for a golden exterior and buttery smooth interior. often Russel potatoes used which is a good choice. And they usually have good poutine with fresh cheese curds and at least decent gravy. quality varies from place to place obv.

Or if you gotta go in a chain, then Lafleur in Montréal is pretty decent if I remember well from my time living in Montreal. but yes, casse-croûtes all the way!

People talk highly about Ashton here in Quebec but honestly it's just "okay". (casse-croute Pierrot absolutely trounces it)

Which city will you be at? I could prob shoot you some reccos

Offline Profile