My black metal band BEHOLDER has just released it's debut EP

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
FinalBaton

My black metal band BEHOLDER has just released it's debut EP

Post by FinalBaton »

It is finally here...
To listen : https://beholder2.bandcamp.com/releases

It took the form of a 22 minutes EP known as Ancien Monde.

Very happy with how it came out. For my first batch ever of metal compositions, I think it holds up very well.
Blood and sweat went into the making of this, so every listen is appreciated.

We will have physical versions coming out soon-ish (vinyl, cassette). In the meantime we have T-Shirts as far as physical goods are concerned.

I'll add info here (shows, physical releases) as it comes out.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Obiwanshinobi

Re: My black metal band BEHOLDER has just released it's debu

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

That Bathory font.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

This is legit good. I'm gonna buy it once I remember my band camp login.

I rate this 3.5 kvlts out of 4 frostbites.

Edit: bought.
__SKYe

Post by __SKYe »

Congrats, man. That is a big step. :)
Black metal isn't usually my thing but I will listen to it regardless.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

That cover is pure class.

Musically, I enjoyed it quite a bit despite Black Metal vocals and -drumming not really being my thing. I especially liked the decidedly Motörhead-esque vibes of A Heavy Toll. I'm looking forward to hearing more of Beholder in the (hopefully not too distant) future.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Thanks for the support everybody!
Sorry for responding so late, but the launch brought with it a whirlwind of extra time to put in for the band so I was busy af

This is legit good. I'm gonna buy it once I remember my band camp login.

Edit: bought.
Thanks a ton boss! Your feedback is appreciated as always. Real happy that you liked it. And thanks for the buy and the accompanying message! Trvly appreciated
Stoked to learn that you think it competes with what's out there and holds it's ground! That's super motivating. I was hoping it was somewhat competitive with big-league stuff, and had a feeling it probably was to some extent, but it's nice to get confirmation since I wasn't 100% sure if it truly was. Hyped!
I rate this 3.5 kvlts out of 4 frostbites.

Congrats, man. That is a big step. :)
Black metal isn't usually my thing but I will listen to it regardless.
Thanks __SKYe :) I really appreciate that you gave it a listen! That's super cool

That cover is pure class.

Musically, I enjoyed it quite a bit despite Black Metal vocals and -drumming not really being my thing. I especially liked the decidedly Motörhead-esque vibes of A Heavy Toll. I'm looking forward to hearing more of Beholder in the (hopefully not too distant) future.
Thanks Herr Schatten! we're really happy with the cover! I like reading that you enjoyed it despite some aspects of the genre not being your thing. That tells me that it's well-enough put together and that there are effective hooks buried under all the grime. Really cool to know. Thanks for the support!

In other news, our EP has been picked by the best and very kickass Black Metal youtube channel out there, Black Metal Promotion. Considering that he only broadcasts what he finds very good, and that we got overly positive comments and a good number of views(and that people on there expect the cream of the crop and don't hesitate to lambaste what they don't like), we are very happy to be part of his curated library of the occult. Very grateful we are.

We also arranged a deal with small russian labe/distro Narcoleptica Productions for stamping some CDs. So our friends on the other site of the pond will be able to buy the EP on physical format with reasonnable shipping fees! way lower than if I was to ship them from here in Québec across the ocean. Very happy about that! We will also have some copies over here, so our fans in the Americas will be able to buy with reasonable shipping fees as well!

We want to do a vinyl but for now we can't afford it, it's not coming out in the short term I don't think. But who knows, maybe if the next album sells well enough we will have nough band money to pour into a vinyl reissue.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BIL

Post by BIL »

No fucking nonsense. Image Often takes me a while to really warm up to new music, but this one explodes out of the gate. Nabbed a copy for my all-important morning commute set, goin' right next to Ace of Spades and To Mega Therion. Image
Herr Schatten wrote:decidedly Motörhead-esque vibes of A Heavy Toll.
Hell yeah, was coming in to make that exact comparison after hearing that evilly swashbuckling opening riff. Naturally brings to mind Celtic Frost too, with the seamless gearshifts from Discharge hammering to Sabbath sludge and back. That bridge goes up like an artillery barrage, awesome scream of anguish. A Heavy Toll is a badass trackname btw, shmuppin as fuck. :cool:

That's some movingly intense black screeching on Egotistic, Violent Ruler of the Land, makes me wanna howl along! Demonic gaze / Makes you howl! If it wasn't so late here I'd crank it loud enough to rattle the windows. So I'll do that tomorrow!

Observer totally makes me think of Morbid Visions/To Mega Therion dynamics. Agile, streamlined metal that can shred your face one second and crush you flat the next like some hellish war machine.
Track #3: Observer wrote:Your life is not worth a thing
Let me claim it from you
And feed your corpse to my minions
The human race is doomed
MURDA Image

The Great Enemy crashing in at the end was a pleasantly familiar surprise after getting to hear it pre-release. :mrgreen: That besieging intro, man. Can feel the freezing rain on my face and the creaking oars in my calloused grip. Image Second half's strum is catchy as hell, prime headbang fodder. Really like the leitmotif effect with it appearing briefly in A Heavy Toll.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

BIL wrote:Nabbed a copy for my all-important morning commute set, goin' right next to Ace of Spades and To Mega Therion. Image

Hell yeah! That's what I wanna hear Image

Thanks a ton for the compliments man :D AND for the buy! That's radical!

That was some really cool "liner notes" type text right there :mrgreen: really enjoyable to read I liked seeing points that are thought are strongpoints, being highlighted.
BIL wrote:No fucking nonsense. Often takes me a while to really warm up to new music, but this one explodes out of the gate.
Herr Schatten wrote:decidedly Motörhead-esque vibes of A Heavy Toll.
Hell yeah, was coming in to make that exact comparison after hearing that evilly swashbuckling opening riff. Naturally brings to mind Celtic Frost too, with the seamless gearshifts from Discharge hammering to Sabbath sludge and back. That bridge goes up like an artillery barrage, awesome scream of anguish. A Heavy Toll is a badass trackname btw, shmuppin as fuck. :cool:
Hehe, definitely an oldschool metal Frost/Motorhead rythm on that one :mrgreen: The Gearshifts as you say is a total Frost influence on me. They are after all the band that fuses thrash/speedmetal with sludge to the highest level that this cursed race has ever witnessed. Love me a bit of Sabbath sludge in there for contrast too (we played a gig this weekend and what everybody told us was : "You guys are fucking oldschool! Wicked!" and "great contrasts, sounds lively af!" as well as a few "¨ca torche en tabarnak!" :mrgreen:
BIL wrote:That's some movingly intense black screeching on Egotistic, Violent Ruler of the Land, makes me wanna howl along! Demonic gaze / Makes you howl! If it wasn't so late here I'd crank it loud enough to rattle the windows. So I'll do that tomorrow!
Awesome!
BIL wrote:Observer totally makes me think of Morbid Visions/To Mega Therion dynamics. Agile, streamlined metal that can shred your face one second and crush you flat the next like some hellish war machine.
Track #3: Observer wrote:Your life is not worth a thing
Let me claim it from you
And feed your corpse to my minions
The human race is doomed
MURDA Image
You know, we're no shakespeare but nevertheless, we're very happy with the all-powerfull/powerless(depending on whose position your in) total anihilation feel, of despair and doom, that we managed to instill with these lyrics. A couple of savage bits in there and I'm happy that you highlighted afew :twisted: The music of merciless conquerors :twisted:
BIL wrote:The Great Enemy crashing in at the end was a pleasantly familiar surprise after getting to hear it pre-release. :mrgreen: That besieging intro, man. Can feel the freezing rain on my face and the creaking oars in my calloused grip. Image Second half's strum is catchy as hell, prime headbang fodder. Really like the leitmotif effect with it appearing briefly in A Heavy Toll.
Awesome Image I had thought about that effect, what with placing it last and all. Good analysis of the songs two parts! As we'd previously discussed, I'm pretty proud of the cold, tempest/at sea feel of the doomy first part. and wanted second half to be a competent headbanger. Nice to see I succeded!
-FM Synth & Black Metal-