Capcom Home Arcade

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Stevens

Re: Capcom Home Arcade

Post by Stevens »

Yeah I'll be sticking with Fightcade when I want a Progear fix.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
garrz32

Post by garrz32 »

Xyga wrote:2 players, 1 Cap
ooof I see what you've done there. hahaha
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Destined to be shelf candy for all time.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

If someone buys this thing, I'd be interested to know more about the game launcher interface, appearance, smoothness, and time to boot up. A pic of the size of the PCBs or whatever computer-y circuitry running the emulation and A/V output would be cool too.

Gutting the box for stand-alone small form arcade emulator tech that boots faster without Nintendo branding or six splash screens would be nice.
gameoverDude

Re: Potential Gigawing re-release?

Post by gameoverDude »

EmperorIng wrote:don't get your hopes up; Digital Eclipse does a lot of Capcom ports and they routinely suck.
DE were Backbone Entertainment for awhile. They've screwed up on some Williams/Midway/Atari games. The Arcade Treasures 2 version of Narc on PS2 has BGM dropout issues & also a glitch caused by crashing the Porsche into a helicopter. If that happens, you get kicked out of the Bridge level. Not good, especially if you hunt the helicopters for score & use the car to kamikaze one before it takes off. Midway Arcade Origins' (PS3/360) version of Xybots has no Zap button. A lot of the games on Origins seem to suffer input lag.

Capcom needs to ditch them & hire M2 for their console ports.
Necronom wrote:Would also love to know whether it helped to finally get AVP ressurected now that Disney ownes the Alien IP...
I'll bet this helped.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
Domino

Post by Domino »

Slightly off topic: But I though that Digital Eclipse did a great job with the SNK Collection for the Switch/PS4. I didn't notice anything weird from the games.
BrianC

Re: Potential Gigawing re-release?

Post by BrianC »

gameoverDude wrote: Capcom needs to ditch them & hire M2 for their console ports.
M2 was involved with Mega Man X Collection and that one still has input lag issues (especially with the original MMX). Not sure of the extent of their involvement, though.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

The Mega Man Legacy collection was Digital Eclipse, and as far as I heard it was excellently handled? (Frank Cifaldi and shit)
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Domino wrote:Slightly off topic: But I though that Digital Eclipse did a great job with the SNK Collection for the Switch/PS4. I didn't notice anything weird from the games.
It may well be that they've gotten their stuff together now.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

To be completely honest about the SNK 40th collection, they did real good on it, no problems so far on my end, though I find it funny they keep in the "Licensed by Nintendo" on the PS4 version for some of the NES games, lol.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Marc

Post by Marc »

I wouldn't be surprised if there still some sort of axisting clause that says they had to be.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I also think the console manufacturers at this point are above the stance of pretending the competing companies don't exist.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Yeah pretty much. I've still got my fingers crossed for a Switch Rare Replay announcement.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Picked this up. Unit is very well built, though the sticks themselves still have slightly more travel than I'm comfortable with. Front end is slightly amateurish and options almost non-existent - normal or widescreen, with smoothing on/off, no scanlines at all. No DIP settings to mess with. Emulation wise, I', by no means as exacting as some of you guys, but playing Final Fight feels no different to the Switch belt-scroll version however accurate that's regarded to be.

I picked it up at £175.00, so when I factor in the cost of a decent stick, and the number of ACA/Ages/Johnny Turbo titles I've bought at £5 - £8 each, it's not too bad, but it could be so much better with a few firmware updates.

And gaudy as it may be, my five-year old was interested enough to play 2P Final Fight with me for a while, so that's a plus :D
headlesshobbs

Post by headlesshobbs »

Has anyone planned on putting the board into a custom case?
"Don't HD my SD!!"
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I'm pretty sure the case is the only reason anyone is buying this XD
headlesshobbs

Post by headlesshobbs »

Yeah I had thoughts on asking cause of it, but still people buy just about anything. Hell even those 1-up cabs are getting re-modded.
"Don't HD my SD!!"
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Marc wrote:Picked this up. Unit is very well built, though the sticks themselves still have slightly more travel than I'm comfortable with. Front end is slightly amateurish and options almost non-existent - normal or widescreen, with smoothing on/off, no scanlines at all. No DIP settings to mess with. Emulation wise, I', by no means as exacting as some of you guys, but playing Final Fight feels no different to the Switch belt-scroll version however accurate that's regarded to be.

I picked it up at £175.00, so when I factor in the cost of a decent stick, and the number of ACA/Ages/Johnny Turbo titles I've bought at £5 - £8 each, it's not too bad, but it could be so much better with a few firmware updates.

And gaudy as it may be, my five-year old was interested enough to play 2P Final Fight with me for a while, so that's a plus :D
I got mine last week, and overall it's pretty nice. I swapped out the octagonal gates for square ones, as I've never used octagonal gates before, and it was really throwing me off in the shmups. The emulation quality is comparable to the other mini consoles, like the Megadrive and the PC Engine. In that, the games are certainly fully playable, and the lag present isn't something that will break your ability to get a 1CC on these games.

I have noticed though that there are some resolution issues on certain displays. On my big 4K tv it all looks fine, but on my older 1080p tv, parts of the screen, generally the top half, go all blurry. Turning on the awful smoothing filter fixes the issue, but then I'm looking at the game through vaseline. The wifi also doesn't seem to actually do anything. It finds my router, but doesn't connect. Digital Foundry had the same issue as well in their review.

The biggest detriment to the unit though is the lack of save states. I can live with limited options and no dip settings, but not being able to use this thing to really dig in and practice these great games the way I want is heartbreaking. All of the mini consoles have save states, but they went super cheap here and didn't give you any options. You also can't assign the buttons, so you're stuck playing all the shmups with the bottom left buttons (not my usual set-up).
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Marc

Post by Marc »

I actually ended up selling mine, as I picked up the SNK stick not long after, found the hardware itself much more pleasant to use, 2-player obviously hasn't seen much action in recent months, and Hylo.

The same week I sell it, they get Hylo up and running on it :D I'd potentially have kept it around if I'd known that was coming.