Vita Dungeon Crawlers

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Steamflogger Boss

Vita Dungeon Crawlers

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Looking to pick up a few again and looking for input from the wonderful users here, specifically.

I played through Demon Gaze in the past. I tried Op Abyss and dropped that. Other than that I don't think I played any of the other ones more than a few minutes.

I can look past most lewds, unless it's like Moe Chronicle severity level. :lol:
freshtop

Re: Vita Dungeon Crawlers

Post by freshtop »

Why are you set on Vita dungeon crawlers?

I would suggest Bard's Tale IV for you, but that's on PC. It does some new things for the genre, in terms of movement and combat, among other things, and that's a genre that hasn't had any innovations for many years, so I think it's worth looking into.

Good luck with your search!
Steamflogger Boss

Portable so it's convenient. Switch would be fine too actually, but I know the Vita has a ton of them.
freshtop

Post by freshtop »

Makes sense, since these are lengthy games.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Do you mind PSP BC ones? Unchained Blades and Elminage Original are great. Class of Heroes 2 is a lot of fun.

Vita exclusives, Stranger of Sword City(aside from some iffy mechanics), Demon Gaze, and Operation Abyss are the standouts.

Demon Gaze has some moe crap, but not much. The other two are safe.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
Steamflogger Boss

cj iwakura wrote:Do you mind PSP BC ones? Unchained Blades and Elminage Original are great. Class of Heroes 2 is a lot of fun.

Vita exclusives, Stranger of Sword City(aside from some iffy mechanics), Demon Gaze, and Operation Abyss are the standouts.

I've actually already beat Unchained Blades and COH2. Good stuff.

Beat Demon Gaze as well, really enjoyed the post game bosses. Is Demon Gaze 2 basically more of the same? I would assume so but maybe some key things got changed.

I've heard Dungeon Travelers 2 is excellent, but the lewd is off the charts, going to have to see if I can trooper through it.
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Hmm, Elminage Original is said to be 150 mb on the EU store, and 320 on the US one... Is this a typo? I have to be space conscious on these platforms...
X - P - B
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:
cj iwakura wrote:Do you mind PSP BC ones? Unchained Blades and Elminage Original are great. Class of Heroes 2 is a lot of fun.

Beat Demon Gaze as well, really enjoyed the post game bosses. Is Demon Gaze 2 basically more of the same? I would assume so but maybe some key things got changed.

I've heard Dungeon Travelers 2 is excellent, but the lewd is off the charts, going to have to see if I can trooper through it.
That describes DT2 pretty well...

DG2 looked to double down on the moe crap of DG1, so I gave it a hard pass. Play Operation Abyss instead.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

freshtop wrote: I would suggest Bard's Tale IV for you, but that's on PC. It does some new things for the genre, in terms of movement and combat, among other things, and that's a genre that hasn't had any innovations for many years, so I think it's worth looking into.
I'm kind of wondering how much "innovation" this genre needs, considering it's pretty much old school and typically minimalistic by definition.
From what I've seen, movement just looks like classic clumsy-first person similar to Elder Scrolls or Ultima Underworld, so what new stuff does the game do?
Steamflogger Boss

Sumez wrote:I'm kind of wondering how much "innovation" this genre needs, considering it's pretty much old school and typically minimalistic by definition.
I agree with this.
cj iwakura wrote:
Steamflogger Boss wrote:

That describes DT2 pretty well...

DG2 looked to double down on the moe crap of DG1, so I gave it a hard pass. Play Operation Abyss instead.
I dropped Op Abyss pretty quick, but it might have been genre burn out.

Thanks for your input.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:I dropped Op Abyss pretty quick, but it might have been genre burn out.

Thanks for your input.
It's not a great game or anything, but it's fun enough. DG is better, but OA does have the modern atmosphere going for it, which is woefully rare.