* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:30 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Re: ACA NeoGeo Releases PS4/XB1/Switch
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:27 am 

CRP wrote:
Bomb Jack - Arcade Archives is out on Switch now :D

One warning, the music has been changed in a couple of stages to tunes from Mighty Bomb Jack. They seem to be using the game's engine rather than using the actual NES tunes. I don't mind since I like the MBJ tunes and they sound nice with the engine. The original game used music from an anime. PS4 version is like this too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:45 am 

stryc9 wrote:
Yeah Sengoku 3 is good. There's an emphasis on long combos/juggles rather than masses of aggressive enemies on screen, so if that sounds like your bag then you should find some enjoyment.

It's the most solid Neo brawler play-wise by a long shot IMO, but I still like a few of the others mostly for aesthetic reasons. I picked up Sengoku 2 because the art/sound design is badass, Sengoku 3 is pretty generic thematically in comparison.

Cool, thanks. Not used to brawlers with that kind of emphasis but I'm always up for learning new play styles.

I also remember liking Sengoku 2 when I played these games like a scrub years ago. Never played it seriously, though. Might pick em both up, actually

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:45 am 

BrianC wrote:
CRP wrote:
Bomb Jack - Arcade Archives is out on Switch now :D

One warning, the music has been changed in a couple of stages to tunes from Mighty Bomb Jack. They seem to be using the game's engine rather than using the actual NES tunes. I don't mind since I like the MBJ tunes and they sound nice with the engine. The original game used music from an anime. PS4 version is like this too.

Didn't know that, and I thought I'd played a quite a bit of this back in the day. Mind you, I still tend to think of the C64 soundtrack when I picture Bombjack.

Seems to be that non of the ACA Neo Geo games save local scores, but the AA titles do? Bizarre. I'm having to create interrupt data every time I play a game of PB2 in order to keep my scores.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:35 pm 

Marc wrote:
Seems to be that non of the ACA Neo Geo games save local scores, but the AA titles do? Bizarre. I'm having to create interrupt data every time I play a game of PB2 in order to keep my scores.

Vs. SMB doesn't. The high score table resets whenever I play a new game.

Offline Profile