Namco Museums... not import-friendly as I thought

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Turrican

Namco Museums... not import-friendly as I thought

Post by Turrican »

Help guys. After the awesome all-english Raiden DX, it's like a nightmare full of kanji here :oops:

First of all. Dragon Saber (Encore): why the hell I can't access some options? Flip, the all-important flip, for example. On MAME, I can flip the game. Here I can't. This means in tate the dragon flies toward the left side of the tv, which is the exact opposite of the other tateable shmups... A real pain.

Is it perhaps that I have to unlock some extra features by achieving certain results? This would feel weird just for a flip option, though.

And, wasn't Dragon Saber supposed to have two different soundtracks? Is there a known way to hear the other one?

Then, second issue: DIP Switches. How do I figure what effects they do?

third: the museum takes place on the "space ship Milaiya". Anyone has the slightest idea of what this Milaiya exactly is in Namco's history / mythology?

Thanks in advance to all the Encore experts among you! ^_^
X - P - B
Ghegs

Re: Namco Museums... not import-friendly as I thought

Post by Ghegs »

Turrican wrote:Is it perhaps that I have to unlock some extra features by achieving certain results? This would feel weird just for a flip option, though.
There is none. Even in the non-import versions of Namco Museums it's only possible to TATE the "wrong way".
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

there are no words to describe how this is plain wrong. Meanie Namco.
X - P - B