Mega Man 11

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Sumez

Re: Mega Man 11

Post by Sumez »

BrianC wrote:The recoil in RW4 GB is interesting.
Mega Man 11 actually has a bit of recoil. Took me a while to realise what it was throwing me off.
It also has pretty severe damage stun/knockback, which is unique for the series, and works really well.
Austin

Post by Austin »

BrianC wrote:
Austin wrote:
BrianC wrote:I need to play MM4 NES more, but I absolutely enjoyed what I have played of it.
It's totally worth the time, just like the Mega Man games before it.
Yeah, that's all that's keeping me from playing it. Trying to decide what to play. I just got addicted to Fight'N Rage, though I did start on MM11.
It's not like it's running away from you. Better late than never, as the saying goes, right? :)
Seyriuu

Post by Seyriuu »

Austin wrote:
Obscura wrote:I really don't get Sumez's love for MM4, that game just seems really bland and "by the numbers", aside from bosses that pretty much mandate that you're coming in with the right weapon.
To me, MM4 is absolutely excellent. At one point I simply thought this was an, "Oh, I like it because I played it as a kid" thing, but no. I've played it many times in the last decade and I absolutely love it. Fantastic game. Only complaint I have is that boss music, honestly. I really like the aggressive boss music tone in MM2 and MM3, and in MM4 it's just rinky-dink in comparison. Charged Mega Buster is balanced here too (surprisingly), whereas it's OP in 5 and 6. Much better balance in gameplay for Part IV, compared to V and VI, if you ask me.
I played 4 like 15 years ago and have almost no memories of it, but since you guys are praising so much it I will try again with a different mindset

In fact this is something that I didn't forget coz its awesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9zoPeH ... 4&index=22
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

MM3 is da bomb

I remember really liking 4 (had the cart) and 5 (rented a bunch) too. I'll replay 'em soon, I'm due for this!

Oh and I'll give 11 a shot too
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

FinalBaton wrote:MM3 is da bomb
No MM1 is the Bomb, man!
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Mega Man 11 is a lot more challenging that I expected. Of course, a lot of challenges can be overcome by using robot master powers or "the win button", but I tend to try to make do without.
It's a super well designed game, and you can tell they really thought of tons of tiny details that affect the gameplay. I especially appreciate how they reward mashing the fire button, even for (especially for) midbosses. It's just a classic Mega Man feel-good thing.
Rare to see something like this in 2018, and especially surprising to see this from an in-house Capcom team.
BazookaBen

Post by BazookaBen »

Sumez wrote:especially surprising to see this from an in-house Capcom team.
I think after the turd that was Resident Evil 6, Capcom has started to move back in the right direction with their properties.

I also wonder if the crazy hype after the Mega Man in Smash Bros announcement was the catalyst for this game. That and probably also the millions of dollars Mighty Number 9 got through kickstarter.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

No doubt a combination of the two. You can tell from interviews though, that the developers really wanted to make a Mega Man game. Getting the higher-ups to greenlight it was probably due to the above.
So at least something good came out of Mighty no. 9.

The boss fights are mostly great btw, including the minibosses. It's baffling that they would base the demo on Blockman, arguably the worst battle in the game so far.
ryu

Post by ryu »

Got the game today and played 2 stages. Very good impression so far - ignoring the cogs works a lot better than it seemed in the demo. The demo was a good preparation to get accustomed to the game's flow, but that's something you only notice after the fact.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Mine showed yesterday also. I'm enjoying itnway more than expected. It's been pretty solid and the stage design seems pretty well thought out. The visuals are better than I expected also. I mean, I could still nit pick about them, but all things considered they aren't to shabby.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?