Florida shooting at gaming tournament

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Mills

Florida shooting at gaming tournament

Post by Mills »

Does anyone know details about this.
https://youtu.be/0zSncXj8llw
evil_ash_xero

Re: Florida shooting at gaming tournament

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Yeah. The dude took a gun to the tournament, and shot some people when he lost. It was a Madden tournament (of all things). I think 2 people died, with a number of wounded.
It's pretty easy to find info on. https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/26/us/jacks ... index.html
You can Google it, and you'll get a lot of stuff.

Completely bonkers. Now THIS guy was nuts. Sad that people have to pay for that. I guess they'll have to start putting up metal detectors at gaming events now.
Mills

Post by Mills »

That is the most extreme case of sore loser to take his sh*t out on other people. Damn
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Mills wrote:That is the most extreme case of sore loser to take his sh*t out on other people. Damn
Just this. How did this guy become such a train wreck?
Actually it seems he left GLHF, then came back with the gun to wreak his havoc. Places like this will likely need a metal detector at all times, not just during the event.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... r-far.html

This is so sad. :(
Kinect? KIN NOT.
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

It hardly matters the hows and whys. What matters is that guns are just too damn easy to obtain in the USA and until that matter is worked out this will just keep on happening as there isn't much that you can do about it otherwise.
More Bromances = safer people
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Problem is, even if they do tighten gun laws(which will never happen), that doesn't solve the problem of everyone out there who already has them.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
namcokid47

Post by namcokid47 »

This is really sad to hear, 2 people being shot dead because some lunatic lost a game of Madden. :(
"I always wanted a thing called tuna sashimi." - Darius II
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

cj iwakura wrote:Problem is, even if they do tighten gun laws(which will never happen), that doesn't solve the problem of everyone out there who already has them.
Also some criminals get their guns illegally.
Preventing guns from getting in the venue with a person would probably be a better answer (metal detectors, like I said).
Kinect? KIN NOT.
ZacharyB

Post by ZacharyB »

It might not have an immediate effect, but making guns more difficult for all people to buy will decrease the overall number of guns that criminals have access to down the road. Maybe we can eventually make it so difficult that more and more of them just give up and deal with things in less murderous ways. Like taking a long walk...

(Remember, these people aren't criminals until they actually go and kill someone. They can be clean men with a hit list, which is what most of these high-profile shootings seem to be about.)
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Maybe we could make this into a country where we don't hate each other's guts, view each other as the enemy, and make people feel like they've been abandoned by society (because they have been).

Chatted with my ex earlier this year and I was shocked to hear that her brother and brother-in-law had both killed themselves. The only significant difference on a macro level between them and these killers is that they weren't colossal assholes.

I know that "hey let's bring back the New Deal!" sounds as much a fantasy as "let's get those robot guards from Robocop to protect us!" this day and age. But well. I'm contractually obligated to bring it up.
Austin

Post by Austin »

BryanM wrote:Maybe we could make this into a country where we don't hate each other's guts, view each other as the enemy, and make people feel like they've been abandoned by society (because they have been).
Pretty much this. ^
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

ZacharyB wrote:It might not have an immediate effect, but making guns more difficult for all people to buy will decrease the overall number of guns that criminals have access to down the road. Maybe we can eventually make it so difficult that more and more of them just give up and deal with things in less murderous ways. Like taking a long walk...

(Remember, these people aren't criminals until they actually go and kill someone. They can be clean men with a hit list, which is what most of these high-profile shootings seem to be about.)
Yes, and not to mention the accidental deaths due to people mishandling guns which is kind of high up as a cause of death.

Stiffer penalties for trading, tighter controls for owning guns and selling them, not having them available in Super Markets, etc. and a change in culture is what you people need.
But, until that time you've just got yourself a never ending problem and it's tragic. You can't put metal detectors in the streets and all over the place so you are only to my mind ever treating the symptoms as opposed to the root causes in doing that.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Yo dudes, solve America's gun problem here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=43825
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
BIL

Post by BIL »

BryanM wrote:Chatted with my ex earlier this year and I was shocked to hear that her brother and brother-in-law had both killed themselves. The only significant difference on a macro level between them and these killers is that they weren't colossal assholes.
RIP suicide dodgers. Image Shit gets tempting after a while.

Shame this murdering cunt and those like him can't/won't discreetly eat a bullet.
JBC

Post by JBC »

It sucks here. I've been saving to leave for a couple years now & am even knee-deep into learning a second language. I've only got one life & intend to leave this culture as far behind as possible.
Godzilla was an inside job
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

America is not a bad place to live (most of Western Europe has problems I'd rather avoid at the moment), but the gun thing is a bit much.

I wish there were more restrictions...might save a few lives (maybe). But they are genuinely everywhere. You could ban them tomorrow, and it wouldn't really cause a dent.
I dunno...it sucks. The left talks about putting more restrictions on guns, and banning the more dangerous ones (I'm for this...don't know how much it would help. Why not give it a shot, and see how it does after 5 years?). And the right starts talking about how we have a mental illness problem in America, and that's the problem. To me, this is the ultimate.."it's this thing...that no one can do anything about....so, do nothing".

Whatever. I barely leave the house.
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

Q. How many members of the NRA does it take to change a lightbulb?
A. More guns!
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

MintyTheCat wrote:
Q. How many members of the NRA does it take to change a lightbulb?
A. More guns!
lol!

I agree with BryanM, too many people are getting lost in toxic culture. The good news is that there are lots of good people out there; problem is, you don't know when it's your turn to meet one of the crazies.

I don't really think that increasing gun taxes / transfer fees is going to have the right effect; if anything that will only agitate people more. Putting aside historical law, the rationale for taxing a gun that sits in a safe for years is less obvious than for taxing a vehicle that is part of a giant nationwide system every day, beating up the roads.

What I would agree with is better health intervention and making sure peoples' recourse to problems isn't "if you're crazy go to jail, or take your gun and shoot somebody up." There can be a due process for taking guns away from ill people until the time they do not pose a hazard (not absolute, of course).

I also think that people who are out buying every damn thing in every caliber that hits the market, "before the gubmint bans it," and buying conversions so they can fire every last bit of ammunition from their mountainous stockpile "just in case SHTF," are buying into the cycle of despair that leads people to expect S will HTF. If you have so much stuff that you can't keep track of it, that's a problem. That said, I still hope that some education and kumbayah-singalongs can help the country overcome its fear.