PSA for GOG customers who bought No Man's Sky

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Mischief Maker

PSA for GOG customers who bought No Man's Sky

Post by Mischief Maker »

Because NMS Next shipped to GOG without working multiplayer, GOG is offering full (store credit) refunds to people who request by Sunday, even if you bought it before the 30-day cutoff point.

My own request is currently pending.

The ironic thing is, if they grant it, I'm totally gonna waste it on the disappointing port of Ys VIII.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Mischief Maker

Re: PSA for GOG customers who bought No Man's Sky

Post by Mischief Maker »

Update: Holy crap, they actually did it. They gave me a full (store credit) refund. All that remains in my library is the orphaned preorder ship DLC.

It's not total penance for GOG turning down Mushihimesama, but it's a start!
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Do any other games on GOG have active multiplayer support? I guess they didn't want to have to set up a server.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Why would the distribution platform be the ones responsible for setting up a server? That's up to Hello Games to get working.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

It's been a long-running joke for years that being a GOG customer makes you a "second class citizen" because there's always a delay of a few days for game updates, including No Man's Sky Next. I myself was considering giving up my battle against the cloud and just switching to Steam.

And there have already been suits brought against Hello Games for false advertising. Maybe they'll fix it in a year, but that's a whole year the money they took from deceived customers is earning interest. The refund was a drastic decision, but a business decision nonetheless.

It's totally Sean Murray's fault and holy crap the giant balls on this guy to make and renege on the promise of multiplayer TWICE. Maybe GOG should stop doing business with unscrupulous companies like Hello Games and more with Degica!

ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Lots of games have sub-par multiplayer support on GoG and when they do have multiplayer support its often tied into DRM-like services, despite GoG's marketing line about them being DRM free.

I wouldn't buy any multiplayer game from them.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Why would it make a difference which service you buy the same game from?
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

GOG has its own (optional) steam-esque multiplayer frontend called GOG Galaxy.

No Man's Sky obviously wasn't finalized to work with Galaxy by the release date.