Russia World Cup 2018

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
BIL

Re: Russia World Cup 2018

Post by BIL »

Roy Keane is ready to ventilate a motherfucker and I don't blame him. :lol:
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Those two goals were clearly not worthy of a World Cup final. No way they can win in such a lame way.
Croatia's goal was so much cooler in comparison. And it's not the first time they let the other team get the lead, so they can still come back in the second half IMO.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
__SKYe

Post by __SKYe »

France's first half was so-so, but they entered the second half ready for the kill. Good exhibition.
BIL

Post by BIL »

I don't know how to feel about this match. :lol: Two sterling French goals to make up for two crocks of shit, and now Croatia's scored again. It's not ideal but certainly entertaining.
__SKYe

Post by __SKYe »

Haha yeah. In my opinion they did redeem themselves on the second half, but I still feel that Croatia has been the better team overall. It's been a good match and it seems France will take the trophy this time around.
What a silly mistake from France's goalkeeper, though. I don't know what it is with great GK's messing up on the finals, like Liverpool's at the Champions League final against Real Madrid.
In this case, it might have just have been overcomfidence fom the 4-1 lead.
__SKYe

Post by __SKYe »

They did it. Congrats to the french.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

France's two final goals were a lot better than their two firsts, but they got really lucky given how many opportunities Croatia had in comparison.
The Croatia team seemed much more solid overall, whereas France seemed like it was nothing without Mbappe, who mostly played really well when it mattered.

Also, big lol at Lloris thinking he can duel against Mandzukic before clearing the ball. :lol:
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Though France did pick up the pace in the second half and scored some legit goals, Croatia highly suffered from a dose of bad luck (with the ref). It should have been 2-2 IMO. Croatia was the strongest team overall, and I think most people would agree, although they did start suffering from bouts of retardation in the second half as well.

A rather frustrating final for a semen slurping sport.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

man, I'm mad I didn't get to actually watch the final live, was at work

As an aside, England's match against Belgium was decent. They had some solid chances, they just couldn't really get what they needed. Was a fairly even match.
I was definitely disappointed in Lukaku's performance that game, but hey. They won their third place.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Spoiler
?????
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Durandal wrote:
Spoiler
?????
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Hahaha, I guess that's us French for you. :lol:
But actually, those incidents were minor in comparison with all the people who were there to celebrate, but are blown out of proportion as the media always does. Still weird that something like that happened in the first place, but with so many people it may not be that surprising I guess.

Anyway, the way the Croatian team was welcomed back in Zagreb was pretty impressive.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

M.Knight wrote:us French
sure...the french...
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Hahaha. :lol:

Ah well, you know how it is. If there's lots of immgration but the people end up in "ghettos" with little support and cultural/social integration from the state and much lower wealth and revenue compared to the rest of the population, you can predictably get violent people.
But in this case, I don't think we have the identities of the people who broke out those fights so it could be any kind of person really.
Besides, several players in the team (around a third of them I think?) actually come from the Paris banlieue so the feeling we got from here is mostly pride, as this is not often those cities get the spotlight in a positive fashion.
MaXXX

Post by MaXXX »

M.Knight wrote:Hahaha. :lol:

Ah well, you know how it is. If there's lots of immgration but the people end up in "ghettos" with little support and cultural/social integration from the state and much lower wealth and revenue compared to the rest of the population, you can predictably get violent people.
You should see how idyllic and peaceful Africans and Arabs are in their home countries when they're not being racismmed by the French