Russia World Cup 2018

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Immryr

Re: Russia World Cup 2018

Post by Immryr »

Well, yeah. Sweden are not exactly Brazil going forward.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Better, just what we needed after that awful Colombia game. Even kept a clean sheet :mrgreen:
__SKYe

Post by __SKYe »

Sure, but they did have some good opportunities in the second half, and the result could have been different had they scored.
Given England's next opponent, I'd say they'll reach the finals and likely against France.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
d3vak

Post by d3vak »

Yeah, England won't win the WC.
HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMEN !!
__SKYe

Post by __SKYe »

Eh, I don't know. From a quality perspective, France seems the most fit to win, but they were also favourite to win the Euro 2016, so I wouldn't brush off both England or Belgium.
Though I'd be most happy if Russia won, not just because they're the underdog at this stage, but also because it would be nice if they won the cup they hosted themselves.

EDIT: Well, Russia's likely out.
EDIT2: Haha, they scored! :lol:
EDIT3: The dream is over. Congrats to Croatia.
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Credit to @MonchisMen on twitter for this

English football pundits for the last 15 years: “oy lotta tiki taka bollocks nancying round the pitch innit?!?” Now they have enough players to possess for more than 3 seconds: “[thoughtful drag of pipe] mmm yes quite a lot technical talent in the squad, looks like a proper team”
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

this was the most tense match of the entire WC, call off the fucking finals because this bout of slav vs. slav was nail-biting down to the very end
REAL football was played here, no pussy-ass diving or stretching the match despite a lot of offences
I'm generally opposed to matches being decided through penalty shootouts as being considered "real football", though I can make an exception if the equalizing goal was scored in the last ten minutes of extra time

absolutely Image
gg russia, but big lol at Fernandez
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

I assume everyone is either a frog celebrating or too mad about mbappe to post
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Bananamatic wrote:I assume everyone is either a frog celebrating or too mad about mbappe to post
I was hoping for Belgium to win, now everyone's spirit power is being centered on making England-France happen for the ensuing lulz of the long-standing rivalry and having Croatia lose..
Xyga wrote:
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Fucking fuck fuck god damn it.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Bananamatic wrote:I assume everyone is either a frog celebrating or too mad about mbappe to post
Frog non celebrating here. Mbappe looks like a nice fellow, does he ?
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Getting all set for Aww Hell Naww 2: The Aww Hell Nawwening. :wink:

edit: nice. Image

edit2: fuck sake man 3;
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

DOLAZI KUĆI
Xyga wrote:
__SKYe

Post by __SKYe »

Englabd messed up. The Brits can now properly complain. :wink:
d3vak

Post by d3vak »

LOLOLOL
HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMEN !!
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Oh man, I wish we planned our visit to our family in Croatia some weeks earlier. That recovery from that shitty first half though, everyone including myself had already written them off. England just couldn't keep up anymore.
Xyga wrote:
BIL

Post by BIL »

The "Aww Hell Naww" series never fails to engage, even if it generally ends the same way every time. That is, disgracefully. :lol:
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

IT'S BECAUSE OF BREXIT!!!!!!! :lol:
Can they aim for 3rd place against Belgium, though?
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

england looked better in the first half, which surprised me, but they were totally shite from then on. i don't think england would have stood a chance against france anyway.
svensonson

Post by svensonson »

holy shit!!
I cant believe how we were dominating england most of the time! We are in the damn finals!! so fucking proud how they performed!
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Immryr wrote:england looked better in the first half, which surprised me, but they were totally shite from then on. i don't think england would have stood a chance against france anyway.
This, so much. Really strong start that faded as the match went on.
Still, England's done so much better than they have in the last 20+ years, not just in how far they've went, but the actual skill on the field that they've shown.

I'm expecting a French Cup no matter who won this match though. :lol:
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

22 men 1 cup
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Croatia's match was pretty impressive. Despite conceding a goal so early in the match, they never faltered and even in the extended time you could see them putting all their energy in their attacks. And that's a team that played a entire additionnal match's worth of minutes during the direct elimination phase.
England's defense was actually rather good in the first half and their goalie surprisingly didn't royally fuck up as per tradition, but they lost momentum near the end.

I think France has a more realistic chance of winning the final but I would like to see Croatia win, if only for how unpredictable it was to see them be in the finals.

France's match against Belgium was not as dynamic as the Croatia one but still good to watch.
On Belgium's side, Lukaku not getting a lot of balls is probably one of the main reasons they couldn't break through because the few times he had it, the team nearly could have scored. I can't say if this is due to the Belgium team failing to incorporate him in their strategies or if it is because the French defenders did a good job at hindering him.
It's odd though that out of all the French opportunities, the goal was from that random corner that didn't seem that threatening. Another thing that is weird with that team is how they kept Giroud on the field for so long despite him messing every single one of his shots and opportunities in terrible ways. Every time a French shot went wrong, you could blindly pin it on him and you would be right. His substitutes must be really awful if he is their best shot in his role.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
InspiringMike

Post by InspiringMike »

Would it be safe to say that, what happened to England was a big upset?
CIT

Post by CIT »

InspiringMike wrote:Would it be safe to say that, what happened to England was a big upset?
I don't think so, the teams were fairly evenly matched. But the Croatian players are a bit older and have more experience, which I think made the difference, because they were willing to take more risks in attacking. The England team has great talent and potential though and it wouldn't surprise me if they went all the way at the next Euros or WC.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

So Belgium is the one who gets the third place, with its 2-0 victory over England.
The English team had some very good goal opportunities near the hour mark, most notably one where the goal keeper was beaten and a Belgium defender made a last-second save. However, they didn't manage to actually score, unlike Belgium. Speaking of Belgium, it's a shame Lukaku failed to properly handle those two balls that could have cost goals to the English team. That's probably why the coach replaced him halfway through the match. Meunier was really good by the way.

Despite their final loss, I would say it was one of England's better world cups. A fourth place ain't bad at all and there was no major fuck up from what I recall.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

goddamn dive

edit: THAT BALL CONTROL, GODDAMN
edit2: I swear if France only manages to get by with refballs
Last edited by Durandal on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xyga wrote:
BIL

Post by BIL »

Durandal wrote:goddamn dive
^ Indeed. -_- Cunt might as well spontaneously shit and piss himself, to really sell the whole "zomg your touch has shut down my nervous system" shtick.

But now, HOREH SHIET, the match is on! :o
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

How can you consider it a handball and penalty-worthy for a ball which bounced off another player's back? France has constantly been on the receiving end here yet they are only managing to get by with the first dive and this questionable decision of the ref.
Xyga wrote: