Virtual Boy 3DS emulator needs help

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
SGGG2

Virtual Boy 3DS emulator needs help

Post by SGGG2 »

Sorry if this frowned upon, I'm not normally one for shilling but this strikes me as a worthy endeavor. Famed Virtual Boy tech guru, Guy Perfect, has been working on this full time for a month, but needs his Patreon to hit $500 in order to continue this as his day job. I've become a paetron and I encourage anyone's who interested to pledge at least a dollar or two a month. This post from /r/emulation puts it better than I can:
First thing's first. I've never met Guy Perfect nor held a conversation with him. I'm pretty sure we live on different sides of the planet. What I do know is his unrelenting passion for Nintendo's biggest blunder: the Virtual Boy.

Guy has spent hundreds of hours reverse engineering different parts of the Virtual Boy, from figuring out the purpose of registers that were undocumented to writing not one, but two extremely comprehensive technical documents known as the sacred text scrolls.

In April Guy Perfect announced he was working on a Virtual Boy emulator and I knew there was probably no one better for the job. Virtual Boy emulation has long been plagued with extreme inaccuracies, leading some homebrew developers to release emulator specific versions of their games. (also shoutout to the Virtual Boy homebrew community who literally made an IDE just for making Virtual Boy games in C)

In addition to fixing some long standing issues with Virtual Boy emulators Guy Perfect is porting his emulator to the 3DS, including Old 3DSes. It's a perfect chance to play Virtual Boy games and homebrew at their original resolution without shelling out for a console and an ever-increasing in price Virtual Boy flashcart.

Guy Perfect has been updating nearly daily on his progress but today he said that he's not getting enough money to continue to work on the emulator full time. If you've got a couple dollars to spend towards accurate emulaton, better Virtual Boy homebrew, and the 3DS Virtual Boy emulator that we thought we'd get 5 years ago, check out his patreon.

I hope this reaches you in passion rather than shill-y, but I think this is a good chance to get the conclusive Virtual Boy emulator that will forever preserve the console.
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comm ... some_more/

Link to Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/GuyPerfect/overview
SGGG2

Re: Virtual Boy 3DS emulator needs help

Post by SGGG2 »

A generous donor has gifted enough to keep the project going full time for another two months! If playing Virtual Boy games in native resolution 3D on an official Nintendo console sounds exciting, please consider becoming a patron.