DragonNinja for Switch

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Marc

DragonNinja for Switch

Post by Marc »

Didn't see anything about this on here... Just appeared on the coming soon section of the shop, out next week. Flying Tiger Entertainment, and Johnny Turbo's Arcade logos slapped on the title screen. Game sucks, but if I get Midnight Resistance on Switch...
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
BrianC

Re: DragonNinja for Switch

Post by BrianC »

I have Gate of Doom, which actually seems to be decently emulated (seems being the key word since I'm no expert on input lag). Not sure about the emulation of Bad Dudes, but Nintendolife had an early review that claimed the charge didn't work (not sure if that was actually the case since the NES version's charge works a bit differently from the arcade). Then again, that may have been part of the reason for the delay (the other reason being the removal of all the misleading unofficial fan art and the box image from a computer version of the game on the NoA game page).

Did you see the Nintendo website page for the game before it was altered? I was initially mislead in thinking the game would have a mode with update graphics, when it turned out they just used fan art for the game on the game page. There was also a piece of box art on the page that even had the imagine logo. doh!
Marc

Post by Marc »

Missed that completely. I THOUGHT I recognised Gates of Doom, it caught my eyes while browsing the other week and I meant to check it out properly, obviously got distracted and forgot about it. Pretty funny with the Imagine logo, although those in the know it's hardly going to sell the game - those conversions were horrid.
Jonny2x4

Post by Jonny2x4 »

BrianC wrote: Did you see the Nintendo website page for the game before it was altered? I was initially mislead in thinking the game would have a mode with update graphics, when it turned out they just used fan art for the game on the game page. There was also a piece of box art on the page that even had the imagine logo. doh!
It wasn't even real fanart, just some lazily done sprite edits of various fighting game characters (Jimmy and Marian from the Double Dragon Neo-Geo game being the ones that stood out for me) pasted over a badly shopped photograph of an actual truck that someone posted on his DeviantArt account.
Marc

Re: Data East for Switch

Post by Marc »

Sly Spy up now, I bit hesitant on this, I remember it being fun but flawed with some shitty scrolling sections. Hope we're working up the the good stuff here. If Midnight Resistance gets a port I hope to god they incluse a proper dual stulick option.