A public service message from Microsoft...

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Vexorg

A public service message from Microsoft...

Post by Vexorg »

Some things you should probably know the next time you go out looking for ROMs, or just in case you find yourself trapped in a small room with a bunch of GameFAQs kiddies:

Know your d00dspeak
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
Davey

Post by Davey »

Apparently I'm out of the loop regarding the law... pwning is an illegal activity?
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

I like the info regarding "griefers" and cyberbullies.
I swear man, we really are living in strange times.

All this time I thought it was "loot-speak", not short for "elite"...then again, they probably spell/pronounce it wrong on purpose, just to by "cybernetically kew1 d00d3!!!!!one-eleveni
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Still, that doesn't change the fact that Micro$oft is t3h su><0rz, and Firefox is the Pwn!11!

Trying to crack down on potential kiddie pirates, Bill? Congratulations. You have just surpassed Bin Laden as one of the low points of humanity. Now by your definition, anyone using l337 is by definition a pirate. And D&D is a portal to hell. And earwigs like to lodge themselves in your ear canal and drill your eardrum. And Bill Clinton didn't have sex with that woman. And Nixon was not a crook... and... ah, screw it.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
Blue Lander

Post by Blue Lander »

Doesn't Microsoft have something better to do with their time than write silly guides to "leetspeak"? Like, I dunno, maybe fixing the countless bugs in their OS?

And nobody who really knows how to hack uses leetspeek. It's just stupid kids who don't know anything. Anybody who uses leetspeek couldn't haxx0r his way out of a wet paper bag.
Last edited by Blue Lander on Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

when i first opened it i thought it was going to be a joke. like the Apple iProduct advert Neon posted a few days ago. well anyway, it is funnier as a serious article than it would be as a joke.
I have no sig whatsoever.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

"Doesn't Microsoft have something better to do with their time than write silly guides to "leetspeak"? Like, I dunno, maybe fixing the countless bugs in their OS?" How true!
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"