Star Wars Episode IX released 12/20/2019

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
copy-paster

Star Wars Episode IX released 12/20/2019

Post by copy-paster »

Trailer 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adzYW5DZoWs

Trailer 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P94M4jlrytQ

Don't really mind how they will go for this, pretty much everything in the past will be back.
Last edited by copy-paster on Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
soprano1

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Episode VIII) released 12/15/2

Post by soprano1 »

Luke dies.
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

copy-paster wrote:STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI is scheduled for release December 2017."
Holy shit we'll have to deal with that all year. :(
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

copy-paster wrote:director Rian Johnson said The Last Jedi would focus on what’s been going on with Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill). What Luke has been up to since his disappearance will be the main question that Johnson will explore.

So this means that nothing important or meaningful will happen for half or more of the movie. What needs to be explored other than "Luke was training Jedis when Kylo Ren fucked up and killed everyone; now Luke meditates far away on his mistakes and the Force"? Like I get it. That's what Luke was doing. Let's take care of those cartoonish badguys and their planet-destroyer stuff. Maybe teach Rey some force tricks as the requisite Yoda stand-in.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Hillary plays Leia.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Bored of SW now.

They have had 2 chances to impress me and neither one of them really hit home. Guardians of the Galaxy is the NEW Star Wars.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

EmperorIng wrote:What needs to be explored
Laser sword fights
Spaceship dogfights
Long text scrolls in front of space in bold yellow letters
Explosions
Muppets
AT-AT walkers
Droids
Stormtroopers
Teenage angst
Midichlorians
Ewoks
Jar Jars

... suddenly I have some interest in Prometheus 2: Alien 5: The Prequel all of a sudden
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

You forgot old guys in robes talking about the Force... Awakening!
BryanM wrote:
... suddenly I have some interest in Prometheus 2: Alien 5: The Prequel all of a sudden
Which will be a perfect setup for Niell Blomkamp's Alien 5: Alien 3 because Alien 3 and 4 no longer Exist ~ The Director's Cut Xeno Unrated Edition
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

SW talk always makes me think of Flash, and how short wiki gems like this one came from it:

"War Rocket Ajax is apparently the only spaceship in Ming the Merciless's entire navy. It performs tasks as mundane as collecting dead bodies and as prestigious as transporting Ming himself."

Much more wonderful than the 600 pages on Vader's super robo gimp suit.
EmperorIng wrote:Which will be a perfect setup for Niell Blomkamp's Alien 5: Alien 3 because Alien 3 and 4 no longer Exist ~ The Director's Cut Xeno Unrated Edition
I seriously want to see this one, no jokes

Newt with a cigar mowing down xenos from the back of a space pickup truck while sprouting one liners. It writes itself.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

The Last Jedi
eeeeeeaaaaaaaagh
of all the cheesy subtitles
EmperorIng wrote:
copy-paster wrote:director Rian Johnson said The Last Jedi would focus on what’s been going on with Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill). What Luke has been up to since his disappearance will be the main question that Johnson will explore.

So this means that nothing important or meaningful will happen for half or more of the movie. What needs to be explored other than "Luke was training Jedis when Kylo Ren fucked up and killed everyone; now Luke meditates far away on his mistakes and the Force"? Like I get it. That's what Luke was doing. Let's take care of those cartoonish badguys and their planet-destroyer stuff. Maybe teach Rey some force tricks as the requisite Yoda stand-in.
In other words, they're trying to distract us with many sidestories as possible from Rey's glaring and inconsistent backstory by drawing out events we already know the results of.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

soprano1 wrote:Luke dies.
Before the cocaine catches up with Hamill as well.

I'm still hoping for a Rogue-One-style film that gives us the backstory of Jek Porkins.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Mischief Maker wrote:I'm still hoping for a Rogue-One-style film that gives us the backstory of Jek Porkins.
Not before I get my six-part miniseries explaining why Greedo hates Han Solo so much!
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

The side story might be better than the main story. Since Vadar the dark side only got weaker and they couldn't do shit when they were stronger.

So far in the SW Universe the Dark Side/Empire has amounted to threats. So the rebellion states "one more death threat from you and we will kick your ass again". Rinse and Repeat.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

EmperorIng wrote:
Mischief Maker wrote:I'm still hoping for a Rogue-One-style film that gives us the backstory of Jek Porkins.
Not before I get my six-part miniseries explaining why Greedo hates Han Solo so much!
George Lucas was way ahead of you!
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BIL

Post by BIL »

Star Wars XVIII: Push The Force Deeply Into My Crusty Irish Dillhole
Obviously, anyone over twelve years old with an earnest emotional investment in this committee-designed diabetic coma of DBZ Bullshit needs to suffer - in fact they need to suffer more. Check out this exclusive preview where Sexy Farmhand / Crusty Ol Farmer Luke Bowlcutter faces a great emotional turmoil RE Jedi tricknology:
Spoiler
Wow its great it's like he was conflicted and shit I wonder what Ray will do when she find the truth before she leave 2 fite Shadow Tha Hegehog :O
Mischief Maker wrote:George Lucas
Now this guy OTOH, he gets respect. His neurotic additions like "AIEEEEE" and "NOOOOOO" * and "ITS OK I CAN SEE FINE" to the lovable OT, along with assorted robot-hiding rocks? Authentic entertainment for serious adults. Never for money or power or fame - only the searingly pure expression of implacable, autistic obsession. Roll on George forever.

*I'm sorry, here's a mind bleach
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Not to mention that George Lucas chose LA to build his $4 billion dollar museum rather than build it on Treasure Island in San Francisco. Still better than building it in Chicago any ol' day. Plus the fact that it'll be open to the general public and free of charge indeed. It'll have some the cool Star Wars movie props and whatnot there along with Mr. Lucas' personal art collection out on display. Mr. Lucas expressed interest at both sites but ultimately decided LA would be the best fit to serve the general public. Yeah, it would've be nice if San Francisco was chosen (given the relative closeness distance-wise of Lucasfilm and Skywalker Ranch) -- oh well, it wasn't meant to be in the end.

Should be ace to check it out in person when it's finally finished. Is slated for a 2021 grand opening.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Last edited by PC Engine Fan X! on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Hey, f*** you! We really wanted that museum, and if it weren't some retards complaining about losing a parking lot on the lake shore and a little bit of parkland, Chicago would still be getting the museum. I could have gotten a curatorial job there. I was about to apply to the open posting when the news of the move hit. =(

Imagine the insanity of trying to design an exhibit about the prequels, or leading a tour through a show exploring the origin of Jar Jar. It would be the greatest and most mentally-stimulating job in the world.
PC Engine Fan X!

Didn't the mayor of Chicago offer the very attractive enticement of leasing the proposed land for the Lucas Museum for a mere $1.00 per year? Raise enough hackles & roadblock woes to the upcoming museum plans and Mr. Lucas takes his business elsewhere. So be it.

On a sidenote, there was a local grassroots group based out of Modesto, CA trying to get Mr. Lucas to consider building a American Graffiti/Star Wars museum in that area but it didn't pan out.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

BIL wrote:Obviously, anyone over twelve years old with an earnest emotional investment in this committee-designed diabetic coma of DBZ Bullshit needs to suffer - in fact they need to suffer more.
Do you hold that opinion for Star Wars as a whole, or only for these recent films? While I enjoyed The Force Awakens, I found myself not really caring about what was going to happen afterwards. I'll probably sit this one out.

Despite having been a longtime fan, I could never bring myself to like The Clone Wars or Rebels, and I didn't bother going to see Rogue One. That being said, Tartakovsky's 2003 animated Clone Wars series is all right, and a handful of Jon Ostrander's Clone Wars comics are worth a read. From what I've heard, the only really good things to have come out of Star Wars since Vision of the Future and X-wing Alliance are KOTOR and maybe some of Timothy Zahn's later works.
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

I fully expect this to be the best entry since ROTJ.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

BIL

Post by BIL »

WelshMegalodon wrote:
BIL wrote:Obviously, anyone over twelve years old with an earnest emotional investment in this committee-designed diabetic coma of DBZ Bullshit needs to suffer - in fact they need to suffer more.
Do you hold that opinion for Star Wars as a whole, or only for these recent films?
Talking about the current series. I'm fine with the OT for the most part, the same way I'm fine with the LOTR movies. Rousing and generally sound light action fantasy, that guff with teddy bears in the third movie excepted. Shoulda gone with Wookies to maintain the illusion of tension!

The prequels are humourless sawdust that I'd sooner bite my own dick off than partake of again. TFA has a distinct emotional core but the movie wrapped around it is pure confectionery. I don't condemn it any more than I do a Snickers bar with its shards of nutritious peanuts in a suspension of sugary gunk - but I'd likewise suggest not getting too invested in it. Too much of that shit will make you sterile. :O
Last edited by BIL on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Just think...manic scare zooms on howling giant tree ninjas snapping imps in half, in EPISODE VI: Revenge of the Wookiees
BIL

Post by BIL »

Ed Oscuro wrote:manic scare zooms
As usual you know me too well. Instead of that boring and ridiculous fucking door shite, basically the Nazi robots think they have our heroes cornered in some shitty temple when AWW HAIL NAWWW

Gomen nasai! BIIIGU MADDA-FACKING GIFFU
Spoiler
Also TWIST A MAHFUCKAS HEAD OFF (koolaid fountain effect optional)
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Skykid wrote:I fully expect this to be the best entry since ROTJ.
Rian Johnson did direct my favourite Breaking Bad episode, so I'm expecting something competent on all levels.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Durandal wrote:Rian Johnson did direct my favourite Breaking Bad episode, so I'm expecting something competent on all levels.
If there's one lesson we should have learned from Ridley Scott, it's that a director is only as good as their script.

Imagine if instead of all this bullshit they just adapted the Timothy Zahn novels? It's been a while but I seem to recall Thrawn's plan didn't involve any death stars.

BryanM

Post by BryanM »

ok ok I have great sw idea

Death Star... THAT SHOOTS AT_AT WKLERS

$240 million budget pliz
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Mischief Maker wrote:
Durandal wrote:Rian Johnson did direct my favourite Breaking Bad episode, so I'm expecting something competent on all levels.
If there's one lesson we should have learned from Ridley Scott, it's that a director is only as good as their script.

Imagine if instead of all this bullshit they just adapted the Timothy Zahn novels? It's been a while but I seem to recall Thrawn's plan didn't involve any death stars.
Seems like he's listed as both writer and director for TLJ, and the movies he worked on as writer/director don't seem too shabby, so w00t! (minus expected corporate interference)
Xyga wrote:
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Just gonna leave this here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mdFWVe9fWw (Ep. IV related)
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Durandal wrote:
Skykid wrote:I fully expect this to be the best entry since ROTJ.
Rian Johnson did direct my favourite Breaking Bad episode, so I'm expecting something competent on all levels.
I have inside knowledge on this one. Indicators are good.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

PC Engine Fan X!

Just this past weekend, Rogue One topped the $1 billion mark at the international box office (given it's estimated $200 million dollar production budget). This marks the fourth Disney movie to break the $1 billion dollar barrier.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~