Late realizations

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
ArrogantBastard

Re: Late realizations

Post by ArrogantBastard »

atheistgod1999 wrote:
system11 wrote:Ok, we gave him enough chances. I'm sorry but you're not fit to function within society.
Dude, I'm sorry! :cry:
Took a look at his post history and holy shit, I lost my sides. Kid has some seriously autistic issues.

Seek help.
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

BIL wrote: Little Annoyed Hell
Incandescent shit-soiled sword
"Cauterise, contain"
There's an extra syllable in the middle line that prevents this from being haiku.

"Shit-stained sword" will do.
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

copy-paster wrote:Just visit to the shmups chat and realize that ag1999 is getting banned.

Okay I'm out of the loop now, but holy fuck why ag1999 gets banned?
The real question is : why did it take this long to ban him?
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Honestly, I thought ag1999 was some kind of joke troll account, in the vein of B1FF [if not remotely as overt].
Like, half of his posts read like what you'd see a "sterotypical teenager" do [like, the sort you'd literally see in movies and TV, as opposed to actual people].

shit, even the username seemed a bit like that to me :lol:
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

The kid clearly can't function within society. He just can't.
He had to go
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BIL

Post by BIL »

I'm still convinced he was some sort of honeypot for catching those shotacon freaks I always read about in the newspaper. Image Who would seriously consider selling their butt for Ducktales in RGB?!
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

BIL wrote:I'm still convinced he was some sort of honeypot for catching those shotacon freaks I always read about in the newspaper. Image Who would seriously consider selling their butt for Ducktales in RGB?!
Hooooly :lol: hadn't seen this haha
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
null1024

Post by null1024 »

BIL wrote:I'm still convinced he was some sort of honeypot for catching those shotacon freaks I always read about in the newspaper. Image Who would seriously consider selling their butt for Ducktales in RGB?!
See, that leads credence to my theory.
also, I'm surprised I never saw this :lol:
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Shoryukev

Post by Shoryukev »

I'd at least hold out for Metal Storm in RGB :mrgreen:
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I'm pretty sure everyone is getting PVMs and NESRGB for Kickmaster. Who wouldn't sell their butt for that.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

If time is money than ATMs are time machines
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
mirkvid

Post by mirkvid »

LOL, did the air get a little fresher in here? That dude was like a worse Fighter 17 or whatever he was called.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Just realized the first name 'Sven' is one letter away from 'seven' or just pronounced with clenched teeth.
So what? I will never be able to unsee/unhear.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Just realized that one of the 2 bowling alleys here is totally rad.

Not only did they keep those beautiful CRT monitors for the scores (wonder how a dreamcast would look on those :twisted: ), which warms my heart, but they also rent movies(which is quite the rarity in 2017), and cool ones too, they don't only have new releases. they have like T2, The Fly, some Rambos and Rockys. They also have a claw machine and it's always fun to see your friends dropping what they wanted to pick.

The other alley also has CRT monitors but they don't rent movies
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Be sure to keep an eye on those CRT monitors. You don't want them to go into the trash once they finally decide to upgrade.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

"Konami" means "my wife" in Norwegian.
BIL

Post by BIL »

My... my late wife. v-v

^ actual screencap from SIRENT BIRU 2: TASOGARE no SHITTY OUTSOURCEVILLE
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

FinalBaton wrote:Just realized that one of the 2 bowling alleys here is totally rad.

Not only did they keep those beautiful CRT monitors for the scores (wonder how a dreamcast would look on those :twisted: ), which warms my heart, but they also rent movies(which is quite the rarity in 2017), and cool ones too, they don't only have new releases. they have like T2, The Fly, some Rambos and Rockys. They also have a claw machine and it's always fun to see your friends dropping what they wanted to pick.

The other alley also has CRT monitors but they don't rent movies
I feel you man, I quit my local bowling club after they got those damn lcd monitors and stopped renting movies
shit just aint the same
BIL

Post by BIL »

YOUR OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT BANANA

I often consider lifting the CCTV monitor at my bank's local branch, while stuck waiting in line! Image

btw, if I ever stop posting suddenly pls check The Sun or Daily Mail for something like "AREA MAN GUNNED DOWN FLEEING NATWEST WITH OLD TELLY AFTER REACHING INTO JACKET FOR PACKET OF CHEETOS"
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

Sumez wrote:Be sure to keep an eye on those CRT monitors. You don't want them to go into the trash once they finally decide to upgrade.
I'm wondering whether one would be allowed to ask the owner for them. They're bound to get thrown out eventually.

Anyway, today's contribution: Hoshi no Kirby Super Deluxe uses the SA1 chip, one of the few pieces of Super Famicom hardware that higan emulates poorly and that the SD2SNES does not support. This makes it one of the few high-profile Super Famicom titles for which neither emulators nor flashcarts are viable.

Also, the ST018 chip that led to higan's second most accurate core is only used by one game. I knew byuu was crazy, but...
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
trap15

Post by trap15 »

WelshMegalodon wrote:the SA1 chip, one of the few pieces of Super Famicom hardware that higan emulates poorly
[citation needed]
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

I guess it would be more accurate to say that the SA-1 is a chip not even higan is able to handle gracefully. Last August's v101 release fixed an issue with Super Mario RPG, which suggests progress is being made, but by byuu's own admission, accurate SA-1 emulation would require far too much computational power to be feasible. (Given byuu's track record, chances are that a more accurate implementation of the chip is possible with PCSX2-level system requirements, but in any case, it hasn't been done.) It's not like SA-1 games are completely broken, though.
byuu, circa June 2016, wrote:> It's not just the memory conflicts, bsnes' SA1 is full of things that make my inner voice scream "THIS IS BLATANTLY WRONG, HARDWARE CANNOT POSSIBLY WORK THIS WAY":

You and me both.

Now what's really scary, is how much worse everyone else's is. Probably 30% of the entire chip's feature set is completely unemulated in Snes9X. Even more in ZSNES. Why? In Snes9X's case, games don't use those parts (like H/V IRQs); and in ZSNES' case, unpopular games don't use those parts (like the golf and horse racing games.) They both have horrendous lists of ROM patches based on game ROM title that hack out wait loops to try to speed up SA-1 games more.

To add to your list, a huge issue now is that a lot of the I/O registers are only readable from either the SA-1 or CPU. Yet in most cases, both can freely read/write all the registers. This is poison to SA-1 ROM hackers, and is the exact kind of thing that leads to emulator-only hacks.

higan is basically ZSNES-level on the SA-1. And everything else is much worse than even that. The SA-1 is basically half the complexity of an SNES emulator in a single coprocessor, used by ~10 US games (and some boring horse racing/Japanese chess/fishing games in Japan.)
byuu, roughly six months ago, wrote:Right now, higan splits cycles in half to try and simulate the register latching lengths. I don't have the CPU power available to try and do full 100% bus-accurate emulation; which is especially needed for SA-1 emulation to be truly accurate.
EDIT: Not sure why I thought SA-1 games ran too slowly in higan... v098-balanced runs Super Deluxe at full speed just fine. A post by byuu suggests that, despite accurate emulation of the chip being too slow to really be feasible, it isn't needed.
byuu, circa 2008 wrote:The SA-1 ... it's basically just a faster SNES CPU with some bitmap <> bitplane stuff, and a few other misc utilities like that. We should be able to directly extend a standard SNES CPU class to support it, however at the cycle level it will be unmaintainably slow using methods that I use.

It will require more thought toward optimizations if it's to be pulled off, with things like time shifting and rollbacks. I'm not convinced it's worth the effort for the paltry selection of SA-1 games available, especially when none seem to need it.

Would it be nice? Sure, but there are more important things to work on at the moment.
Last edited by WelshMegalodon on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
system11

Post by system11 »

Just realised that if I had a time machine, there isn't any part of my life I wouldn't change.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Sumez wrote:Be sure to keep an eye on those CRT monitors. You don't want them to go into the trash once they finally decide to upgrade.
I'll definitely be doing just that.

I'll have to tell the owners to contact me before they throw them out. It's gonna be an awkward discussion, but a guy's gotta do what he's gotta do :lol:
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Something about the new MameWorld logo has been bugging me, and I have just realized; it definitely shows similarities with the nazi 'SS' insigna (the one in a circle) :lol:
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

system11 wrote:Just realised that if I had a time machine, there isn't any part of my life I wouldn't change.
I vaguely remember reading a quote from Steven King years ago where he said reading his own published books is excruciating for him because he always sees a million little changes that need to be made.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

system11 wrote:Just realised that if I had a time machine, there isn't any part of my life I wouldn't change.
Meanwhile somewhere in an alternate universe, an alternate version of you has made those alternate life choices and has simultaneously realised that "if I had a time machine, there isn't any part of my life I wouldn't change."
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

The original Raiden game is - literally - gay. That's the English word for it.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Obiwanshinobi wrote:The original Raiden game is - literally - gay. That's the English word for it.
Please elaborate.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

Collins COBUILD on CD-Rom - Lexicon wrote:2 A gay person is fun to be with because they are lively and cheerful. (OLD FASHIONED)
I am happy and free, in god health, gay and cheerful.

ADJ

3 A gay object is brightly coloured and pretty to look at. (OLD FASHIONED)
I like gay, relaxing paintings

ADJ
=cheerful

Gaiety is a feeling, attitude, or atmosphere of liveliness and fun.
Music rang out adding to the gaiety and life of the market.

N-UNCOUNT
=joyfulness
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off