Brexit: Leave wins!

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

Brexit vote: should the UK leave the EU or not?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:39 am

Help Bonus! Is BDSM good?
No votes
Help Bonus! Is BDSM bad?
No votes

Total votes: 0

Ed Oscuro

Re: Brexit: Leave wins!

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Zen wrote:
Ed Oscuro wrote:Something about Indians & fishes, and old dudes who can't fill a bus for a march leading a reverse wave of immigration.

Gripping rebuttal, Zen.
Jesus Christ!
What is it with you fellows and deleting posts?! Is it a "leftist" thing, or what?

Where is the commitment, the strength, the honour?

For fuck sake, man-up!
Maybe I'm going senile but I don't remember deleting any post.

I added that first line in an edit after I originally left it at "Gripping rebuttal, Zen."
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Zen wrote:What we were talking about was Brexit.
Nope, you responded to me when I was clearly talking about Rob's post - the one about black and asian populations in London.
Something that brexit won't change.

Sorry mate, I don't see how this is so hard to understand.
was not opposed by the indigenous people of England?!
I imagine the indigenous people of the landmass currently called England by its settlers would more strongly oppose anglo-saxon settlement but you don't seem to understand the word.
The will to do so has already begun. Brexit.
This is nothing but your wet dream, Zen.
I asked Rob what actual processes will lead to the great white future. How are you going to decrease the black and asian population of london.
I put that question to you.

What about Ireland, what do you want to happen there?
A country that owes most of its culture to foreign settlement and occupation, if not global consumer culture too. :roll:
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Mischief Maker wrote:You know, Zen, the stereotype that the left is smug and intellectually superior is not entirely intentional on our parts.
You know MM, I have never heard anyone on the "Right" relay such a stereotype.
Who says the left have no sense of comedy? This man is priceless!
Mischief Maker wrote:A lot of it comes from when people on the right, claiming to be the genetically superior masters of logic and reason, post a meme like that as some kind of mic drop.
Is that what you think that was, MM? Sthap!, you're killing me here! :)
Mischief Maker wrote:Do I really have to explain the category error of comparing legal status to species?
Jesus Christ! Dead! :D

Shit!
What am I going to tell my dog? He is under the impression that he is an Irish!

Oh, God!
You have no idea how much I want to reply "YES!" to your question, Mischief Maker!
Alas, I think we should stay on topic.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Zen wrote:
Mischief Maker wrote:You know, Zen, the stereotype that the left is smug and intellectually superior is not entirely intentional on our parts.
You know MM, I have never heard anyone on the "Right" relay such a stereotype.
Hear it all the time from daily mail types tbh. If we're going anecdotal now.
It's all about how the left supposedly make fun out of run of the mill brexiteers for being uneducated.
could be a correlation :3.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Blinge wrote: Nope, you responded to me when I was clearly talking about Rob's post - the one about black and asian populations in London.
Something that brexit won't change.

Sorry mate, I don't see how this is so hard to understand.
In any case, I have responded to your point, in my last post?
Blinge wrote:I imagine the indigenous people of the landmass currently called England by its settlers would more strongly oppose anglo-saxon settlement but you don't seem to understand the word.
"Briton" or "indigenous"? What is it that you think I do not understand? Either way, do you really want to "chicken and egg" it regarding "who came first"?
Blinge wrote:This is nothing but your wet dream, Zen.
I asked Rob what actual processes will lead to the great white future. How are you going to decrease the black and asian population of london.
I put that question to you.
Rights of Citizenship, property rights etc, have been sold by the "political class" to foreign Nationals.
This along with the ruse of civic nationalism, is Nation busting.
Germany tried to correct this disgrace on 15 September 1935, by enacting the Nuremberg Laws (Laws, by the way, which are basically in place in present day Israel)
These laws ensure a peaceful correction.
Blinge wrote:What about Ireland, what do you want to happen there?
A country that owes most of its culture to foreign settlement and occupation, if not global consumer culture too. :roll:
"A country that owes most of its culture to foreign settlement and occupation, if not global consumer culture too."
Staying my righteous wrath for a moment; What are you talking about?
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Pretty cool that you barfed "man up" at me and accused me of DeStrOyiNg dA eViDenZ but now you ain't got a damn thing to say back about that. Huh.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

I mean you could open your mouth and talk garbled shite, and it's still a response to me. I can't argue there.
Zen wrote:
Blinge wrote:I imagine the indigenous people of the landmass currently called England by its settlers would more strongly oppose anglo-saxon settlement but you don't seem to understand the word.
"Briton" or "indigenous"? What is it that you think I do not understand? Either way, do you really want to "chicken and egg" it regarding "who came first"?
How is it a chicken and egg situation, it's just basic history :?

Here's a handy definition for indigenous! "Indigenous peoples, also known as first peoples, aboriginal peoples or native peoples, are ethnic groups who are the original settlers of a given region, in contrast to groups that have settled, occupied or colonized the area more recently."
Zen wrote:Germany tried to correct this disgrace on 15 September 1935, by enacting the Nuremberg Laws (Laws, by the way, which are basically in place in present day Israel)
Sooo, the return of Nazism then. k.
how do you square 'peaceful' correction with forceful coercion, which would definitely follow.
Zen wrote:
Blinge wrote:What about Ireland, what do you want to happen there?
"A country that owes most of its culture to foreign settlement and occupation, if not global consumer culture too."
Staying my righteous wrath for a moment; What are you talking about?
Sorry bro, I'll do a Zen here.
Surely you can't be so stupid as to need ME to explain this simple concept to you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You poor little thing.

*gif from a film that may or may not be shit*
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Ed Oscuro wrote:Pretty cool that you barfed "man up" at me and accused me of DeStrOyiNg dA eViDenZ but now you ain't got a damn thing to say back about that. Huh.
Ah! It's there, now that I have logged out and back in.
Fault is on my side, in that case and I take full ownership of it!

I hereby withdraw any slight upon Ed Oscuro, apologise profusely and unconditionally and shall correct my previous post accordingly!
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Blinge wrote:I mean you could open your mouth and talk garbled shite, and it's still a response to me. I can't argue there.
Don't be facetious. I already gave you an answer to the point in question, on post war British nationality law. Be nice, Blinge.
Blinge wrote:How is it a chicken and egg situation, it's just basic history

Here's a handy definition for indigenous! "Indigenous peoples, also known as first peoples, aboriginal peoples or native peoples, are ethnic groups who are the original settlers of a given region, in contrast to groups that have settled, occupied or colonized the area more recently."
So, "Chicken and egging" it, then!
Next you will be declaring that we are all citizens of the world!
Blinge wrote:Sooo, the return of Nazism then. k.
how do you square 'peaceful' correction with forceful coercion, which would definitely follow
No. Just the rights of Ethnic peoples to their Nation.
If there is no gain to be had in another mans land, non-nationals have no reason to come.
As for those that are already civic-nationals here; same rules of citizenship and ownership apply but none would be forced to leave what has become their home.
Blinge wrote:Sorry bro, I'll do a Zen here.
Surely you can't be so stupid as to need ME to explain this simple concept to you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You poor little thing.
. . .

This scandalous imitation, is grossly inaccurate, outrageous and wholly false!

Further; your claim that Irish Culture "owes" to the foreign and global;
I think you will find the truth to be diametric to this.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Ed Oscuro wrote:but last time I spoke with Rob I'd not heard the phrase "replacement conspiracy theory,"
The official framing of what is verifiably taking place as a "conspiracy theory" doesn't go that far in disproving a conspiracy.

https://www.un.org/en/development/desa/ ... ration.asp

If you have declining populations, and you replace the people not being born with immigrants (as suggested above), that is literally replacement migration. They call it replacement migration.

The motivations for carrying out a policy of replacement migration in the West are open for debate, but the reality of the replacement is not.
hadn't seen members of US police flashing the OK white gang symbol while in uniform,
Yeah, dude, the 'OK' hand gesture is a hardcore ADL-verified gang symbol that he (Christchurch shooter) totally didn't want you to see and obsess about! Basically, people were right when they went nuts thinking the Mexican-Jewish-American lawyer was flashing a white power symbol in the Kavanaugh hearings. They're all secret Imperial Wizards, every last one. Now follow me back to reality. He was screwing with the media and people who gobble it up - with his livestream and manifesto name drops, with his first court appearance and undoubtedly will continue when he represents himself in court.
Turns out there are consequences to "I'm just sayin', people who spout conspiracy theories that lead to mass murders should have a net space too." Who could have guessed?

Who could have guessed that a decade and a half of slaughters of Europeans might result in some kind of retaliation?

The entire point of speaking out against mass immigration is to avoid the chaos and conflict that naturally results when every racial and religious group is forced to share a single territory and compete for power and resources. Muzzling people who are speaking about the dangers of mass immigration is not going to stop some from feeling fed up and lashing out.
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

Zen wrote:
Germany tried to correct this disgrace on 15 September 1935, by enacting the Nuremberg Laws (Laws, by the way, which are basically in place in present day Israel)
Really, you had me laughing there - do you ever leave your cul-de-sac, my dear? :lol:
More Bromances = safer people
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Oooh! Some shade from Minty! Causing me, once again, to disagree with Mischief Maker's comment;
This "Basket of deplorables" attitude, worked so well in the American election and also in the Brexit vote! Excellent work, boys. Insult moar plz!

But to answer your question, MintyTheCat; Only for Pogroms and Klan Rallies.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

I wonder how much more pathetic things will get, if there was a 'Most incompetent and irresponsible political class punk-ass Bitches' competition in europe the UK would win the grand prize this year.

What I don't understand is; if both the PM/gov and then MPs failed, why don't they ask the people to vote for which brexit they want ?
I bet enough people know about the options now.

Instead they're thinking of more cringy stuff, like apparently there's a bunch of those shitty MPs who are looking into forcing another delay, fuck that.
Weak Boson wrote:There is a majority for a "have your cake and eat it Brexit", but that doesn't exist (just as the saying goes)
I'm sure that's still what they're hoping for, basically fuck the EU by any means, after 2.5 years for fucking nothing they must think it'll lose patience in exaperation and the UK'll get to eat that cake.
Shit, the UK really deserves no-deal (sorry for all those who didn't want that shit, but you could have fought those cunts harder)

EDIT: omg customs union option was really popular, do they really understand what it means ? :shock: it means to be the EU's bitch for real this time. :lol:
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Classicgamer

Post by Classicgamer »

GaijinPunch wrote:
Rob wrote:
Xyga wrote:Lol it's not a matter of politics, economy, regulations etc, people who voted leave don't give a shit about all that.
What do they "give a shit about"?
Getting rid of foreigners.
That is not true. While there is definately a xenophobic element, I know plenty of people who voted for different reasons. My parents, for example, voted to leave because they believe the EU caused too many trade restrictions with non-EU countries.

We have a family friend who is a judge. He voted to leave because he didn't like how the EU court of human rights caused criminals to walk free on a regular basis due to technicalities.

There is no way anyone here or anywhere else can say what most people based their vote on with any certainty.
Classicgamer

Post by Classicgamer »

Zen wrote:
Blinge wrote:I mean you could open your mouth and talk garbled shite, and it's still a response to me. I can't argue there.
Don't be facetious. I already gave you an answer to the point in question, on post war British nationality law. Be nice, Blinge.
Blinge wrote:How is it a chicken and egg situation, it's just basic history

So, "Chicken and egging" it, then!
Next you will be declaring that we are all citizens of the world!
Blinge wrote:Sooo, the return of Nazism then. k.
how do you square 'peaceful' correction with forceful coercion, which would definitely follow
No. Just the rights of Ethnic peoples to their Nation.
If there is no gain to be had in another mans land, non-nationals have no reason to come.
As for those that are already civic-nationals here; same rules of citizenship and ownership apply but none would be forced to leave what has become their home.
Blinge wrote:Sorry bro, I'll do a Zen here.
You poor little thing.
. . .

This scandalous imitation, is grossly inaccurate, outrageous and wholly false!

Further; your claim that Irish Culture "owes" to the foreign and global;
I think you will find the truth to be diametric to this.

It is worth remembering that most people are mutts these days. It's why DNA companies are making good money tracing people's ethnic origins. Just because people have white skin and were born in the Uk does not mean their ancestors were not immigrants.

The issue of immigration as it relates to Brexit is one of sovereignty. It should not be thought of as a "should we have immigrants" vote, no matter how much white nationalists like to frame it so. Conflict is caused by hateful people.

The debate about who should decide immigration policy is a legitimate one though. I believe that individual countries should decide that based on their own circumstances. The EU should have stayed as a free trade arrangement instead of trying to take control of each countries legal system. That's the route of the issues that led to the Brexit vote.
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

Zen wrote: But to answer your question, MintyTheCat; Only for Pogroms and Klan Rallies.
Still in-character I see but you missed out the hangings and burnings, my dear. Cul-de-sac, my dear - cul-de-sac.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Personally I wasn't thinking exclusively of xenophobia but also the gut feeling dimension over rationality.

While the EU is far, far from perfect the idea that for instance it's too restrictive on business is not very rational, it has its share of restrictions indeed, some too heavy I think a lot of people agree, but it also adds its own considerable weight in negociations, and protection, which people don't seem to realize, and the UK was one of the top three heavyweights in that aspect.
How big does the UK believes it can achieve dealing with giants like the US, EU, or China, looking to sign agreements alone?

It's very childish of people to think agreements like the members signed are one-way restritive blood pacts with no substential benefits (that would be customs union-only deal), not all countries benefited the same and while amendments are possible (reminder the UK already negociated a more advantageous position and cleverly stayed out of the €), and it is especially childish not to realize that when you sign a contract both parties engage to do their share and respect the contents. In this world you just don't terminate contracts on a whim without a knowledge of the responsibilities and consequences.

I've worked for a UK firm long enough and cosigned enough partnerships myself, yet never witnessed a hint of the baffling amateurism the politics and media displayed since that brexit farce started, especially in that they've apparently only started to really think of the actual consequences literally DAYS before the deadline. When you come from the corporate world, and you've learned from brits, it's just f* unbelievable.
You'll find no one to be this fucked up and disrespectful with their partners in the business world, or well you do meet some of course, but they learn at their expense that it's not a fucking circus where you can improvise the rules.

I'd like to see a vote exclusively for professionals, business owners and people whose jobs and lives depend on international trade, do that UK and see what happens.

I'll be honest, I'd like to see a no-deal because this shit is unsightly, but also because it's probably the only way to see the UK actually try.
I mean try opening fresh trade routes from scratch, by itself, or rather the feeling is I'd like to see you try.
Would it happen be certain the world will grab popcorn and enjoy the show, and while I hope this doesn't end in disaster for the people of the UK (the rich will always be fine) maybe this'll be lesson in 21st century reality.
CIT

Post by CIT »

Xyga wrote:Shit, the UK really deserves no-deal
I agree. At this point the UK is just a fucking drama-queen wasting everybody's time and energy.

UK: "Pah! I'm different from all the other kids. I'm special! We shall leave the single market. But without losing access to the single market!"
EU: "OK, if you wanna leave that's fine. The best we can give you is this deal."
UK: "I don't want this deal!"
EU: "What do you want?"
UK: "I don't know."
EU: "So no deal then?"
UK: "No, I don't want that!"
EU: "So what happens now?"
UK: "I don't know."

:roll:

I think a no-deal Brexit would inject a healthy dose of reality back into British politics and maybe realign some of the, let's say optimistic, self-perception with the actual facts on the ground. Trying to work out a free trade agreement with the Trump administration is going to be interesting, to say the least. If they can figure out a way to make life after the EU work, great. If they can't, I'm all for letting the UK rejoin again. But this time without all the exceptions and special opt-outs they got the first time around.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

Having observed a few streams of cabinet meetings i’m not sure anything could be done to get some realism into those people. Maybe it’s a cultural thing but what a bunch of rude rowdy clowns with their completely nonsensical “hear hear”’s. I have only seen banana republics where the PM actually has to shout to be heard.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

CIT wrote:I think a no-deal Brexit would inject a healthy dose of reality back into British politics and maybe realign some of the, let's say optimistic, self-perception with the actual facts on the ground. Trying to work out a free trade agreement with the Trump administration is going to be interesting, to say the least. If they can figure out a way to make life after the EU work, great. If they can't, I'm all for letting the UK rejoin again. But this time without all the exceptions and special opt-outs they got the first time around.
You can't ignore either that there is massive demand for more flexibility and autonomy from so many member states it's actually threatening the EU's existence (in that it's used by populists to control clueless opinion)

See for instance the idiotic deal between Italy and China, this is what happens when you're too small and try to do business with a giant; the deal is not fair, Italy engages its own country and people while it won't have nearly the same level of access and freedom to the Chinese market.
If the EU was as restrictive on trade as populists pretend it is, that stupid deal wouldn't have been.

I'm in favour of a new treaty or addendum whatever the form it takes, a serious redesign of the current constitution, IMHO each member state deserves a more personalized contract, while at the same time some of the common rules should be strenghtened.
Germany's leading the inflexibles in Brussels, who apparently can't think differently of "whats good for us is therefore good for everyone and all should follow the same policy", for me and undoubtedly a massive number of Europeans, this is wrong, because each individual country has its specificities that haven't been enough taken into consideration within the treaties.
(just my country France is a good example, our economy and society has always been quite state-oriented, no matter under what type of rule, kindom, empire, republic. yet the EU constitution demands that we leave a good portion of that way of life behind to go more liberal trade-style instead, for which we've never been as much 'naturals' compared to Germany, the UK, or the Netherlands for instance. the result? we've been struggling for like 20 years to change our system and it's not working well at all, we're not officially in a recession but in practice we're crashing in slow motion, and it is very likely that populists will win the next general election. Then we'll do stupid things like the UK and Italy do atm)

In any case the good fight should have been fought within the EU, and the UK's role should have been to stand up in Brussels and reasonably kick as many asses as necessary until they got satisfaction on the sticking points, and that's what all members who are unhappy should do, if the EU as it is cannot allow that then Brexit is only the first of many 'exits' to come.
I'd rather see the UK stay, and if they don't I'd agree they join again in the future, but any kind of 'punishment' I am strongly against, this would be exactly what NOT to do.
dan76

Post by dan76 »

Xyga wrote: Shit, the UK really deserves no-deal (sorry for all those who didn't want that shit, but you could have fought those cunts harder)
Really? What the fuck could I do? I had one vote, that's it. If you think those fuckwits in parliament represent me your completely wrong. This democracy is bullshit because there is no choice. They all want to leave.

Those who voted leave must now realise that all they were voting for was to give these idiots in parliament more power than those in Brussels. That's all this was about. I mean, at the end of all this Rees Mogg could be Prime Minister for fucks sake. I'd be laughing about it too but I'm stuck here.
http://www.1ccgames.com
XBL: durango76uk
PSN: durangodan76
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

dan76 wrote:
Xyga wrote: Shit, the UK really deserves no-deal (sorry for all those who didn't want that shit, but you could have fought those cunts harder)
Really? What the fuck could I do? I had one vote, that's it. If you think those fuckwits in parliament represent me your completely wrong. This democracy is bullshit because there is no choice. They all want to leave.

Those who voted leave must now realise that all they were voting for was to give these idiots in parliament more power than those in Brussels. That's all this was about. I mean, at the end of all this Rees Mogg could be Prime Minister for fucks sake. I'd be laughing about it too but I'm stuck here.
In a word, Xyga: dickheads. The entire premise of voting is to give people the opportunity to you know 'vote' and although the results were fairly close there was a majority at that time for there to be some form of break with the EU - it wasn't clear as to what form that would take and still they haven't worked it out.

Personally, I'm unimpressed with the lot of them. I don't see this as an EU issue but rather an issue for the UK to sort out and this stage of progression should have been reached about 1.5 years ago - not now. Indeed, Cameron pulled out this vote card as a means to unite his dickhead party; that hasn't served to unite his party and indeed it has divided the country.

It's now high time that they pull it, work out what on earth they wish to do and then lobby for it over the next few years with themselves and then with the EU. The damage done to the economy, the drop in the value of the pound, etc. has done far more damage at this stage than many realise which is great for people who have Euros but totally shit for the folks living in the UK.

As some have commented on the UK's system of law: for your information this represent hundreds of years of tradition that has remained in tact. There were no revolutions in my country and indeed the system of government has remained. It may appear to be amusing and so forth but it's tradition.

This notion that it's fine to punish like 65 million people etc. is short-sighted at best. The people vote in who ever they end up with running the countyr for them, but you cannot safe guard against those with their own agendas and self serving natures. I'd personally throw several of the MPs in prison for how they've behaved these last few years.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

France’s minister for European affairs says she has named her cat “Brexit” on account of its indecisive nature.

“He wakes me up every morning meowing to death because he wants to go out, and then when I open the door he stays put, undecided, and then glares at me when I put him out,” Ms Loiseau said.
Couldn't resist. :lol:
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Wtf is wrong with T. Meh ? why Corbyn ? I mean the man's face says "I will annoy you, I will ruin your day until you scream"

At this point better call Bear Grylls or Gordon Ramsay.