more ebay lollery

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
umi

more ebay lollery

Post by umi »

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... :B:SS:AU:1

and omfg it's not even complete.

i wouldn't trust that "NO SCRATCHES" quote either.

what a psycho ass :P it would be funny if someone buys it... i feel like bidding and retracting...
Stormowl

Post by Stormowl »

erm, how much does this normally go for?
Ord

Post by Ord »

I think it goes for around the £150/$280 mark. I could be wrong but i thought Taroumaru was like the Saturns most expensive game. I know jp has it, so he can correct me if i'm wrong. :)
Ikaruga review now up in PLASMA BLOSSOM
jp

Post by jp »

Taromaru is the 2nd most expensive game for the Saturn. The most expensive being Derinpa Deluxe aka Derisoba Deluxe which values in shortly under or over $1000. 8)

At any rate, without the promise of an obi strip or reg. card or the sticker that comes with the game I don't see it selling. I HAVE seen a mint/complete one sell for $500+ before though... but typically it just chills around the $300 range and doesn't even sell if its sans the extras. 8)
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

jp wrote:The most expensive being Derinpa Deluxe aka Derisoba Deluxe which values in shortly under or over $1000.
Wow, I'd never heard of that one before now...doing a quick net search it seems that the game was only created as some sort of promotional demo for a certain delivery service, and only distributed to people who attended a live recording of a certain Japanese TV show...no wonder I hadn't seen it on eBay, heh. Can one really consider it a "game" along with the rest, though?
jp

Post by jp »

BulletMagnet wrote:
jp wrote:The most expensive being Derinpa Deluxe aka Derisoba Deluxe which values in shortly under or over $1000.
Wow, I'd never heard of that one before now...doing a quick net search it seems that the game was only created as some sort of promotional demo for a certain delivery service, and only distributed to people who attended a live recording of a certain Japanese TV show...no wonder I hadn't seen it on eBay, heh. Can one really consider it a "game" along with the rest, though?

Not really. At least, I don't. Some guy on the old forums did though, so I throw it out every so often, but seeing as how it was given out during ONE show and only 200 or so copies of it exist, and its supposedly just a demo-like motorbike game, and its a 3D Saturn game, I have a hard time really worrying about it being in the collection.
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

I have watched Taromaru prices for awhile and ~$200-250 seems to be the price. A complete MINT copy with the sticker, obi, and registration could go $300-$350, but I have seen one like this just end for $260.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

I wonder if this is the same idiot that keeps unsuccessfully (thank goodness) trying to sell a sealed copy of Radiant Silvergun.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Nope, just another lame Ebayer. Oh well, why hate when it's his commission to pay and a stupid buyer's free decision? I mean, if someone doesn't bother researching and checking up completed auctions, why should we care?
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Because unscrupulous sellers will try and jack the price up. Just run a search for a Dreamcast Broadband adapter on ebay. That thing used to cost about 60-80. Now you can't find it for less than 100.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
umi

Post by umi »

I don't care... because I'm not buying it. :P I get a good laugh out of it though. Also, I highly doubt he does't know he's listed an incredulous price. The odds are that he's intentionally trying to rip someone off by a factor of 200%+, which is bad for a $300 game in highly incomplete form. You'd want it to be sealed before you even started to breach the $400 mark (saw a sealed one on yahoo jp recently, think it opened at $500 or so). Either a) He's just highly unscrupulous, or b) He got jacked back when he bought it, and figures that's a fair justification for doing the same to someone else. I've overpaid for lots of items, but I doubt anyone will be spending that much for this game on a whim, as it's fairly easy to research its average price.
Ganelon wrote:Nope, just another lame Ebayer. Oh well, why hate when it's his commission to pay and a stupid buyer's free decision? I mean, if someone doesn't bother researching and checking up completed auctions, why should we care?
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Specineff wrote:Because unscrupulous sellers will try and jack the price up. Just run a search for a Dreamcast Broadband adapter on ebay. That thing used to cost about 60-80. Now you can't find it for less than 100.
Good point, but ultimately, it's the consumer's decision. If nobody bought Taromaru over $100, the sellers would be forced to lower it down that much if they plan to sell. It's all supply and demand. Rather than blaming them, perhaps it'd be more prudent to blame stupid (or even willing) buyers who pay outrageous prices for games who're the real culprits for jacking up prices?
chtimi-CLA

Post by chtimi-CLA »

i paid something like 15$ for mine :shock:
Minzoku

Post by Minzoku »

That reminds me, I need to somehow offset the exorbitant amount I plan to pay for that Gradius board game... :? Too bad I don't have anything I can list for 5000% of the market price in hopes some idiot would fall for it.

Oh, wait, I have that UFO catcher prize Shadow the Hedgehog, bought for $20 off somebody, would probably go for $300+ like I've normally seen :P Too bad I want to keep him ;)
"This is not an alien life form! He is an experimental government aircraft!"
Andi

Post by Andi »

Oh my god, I need it. The internet won't recognize me as a REAL Saturn collector without it.
LoneSage

Post by LoneSage »

Talking about crazy sales, there was a guy at neo-geo.com selling a Saturn with US copies of Guardian Heroes, Shining Force 3, and a load of others...not to mention the KOF games, Samurai Shodown 3 and more. I think there were like something near 30 games.

He wanted to sell the whole lot for $100.

I think he found out how much it was really worth though, when he said he was selling GH separately ;) I think a nice guy musta PMed and told him how much all it was really worth.