YAY me!!! I just won a Duo!

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
captain ahar

YAY me!!! I just won a Duo!

Post by captain ahar »

kick ass! I just won a PC Engine Duo! So it appears I will have a way of playing those games Wanderer sold to me sooner than I thought! :D Gate of Thunder here I come!
I have no sig whatsoever.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Congrats, what kinda contest/raffle/whatever did you hafta enter to score it?
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

ebay strikes again! friggin evil i know
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Ah, "won" in the sense that you still hafta pay for it, heh. Pretty much the only types of contests I ever win, and even then only occasionally. ;)
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

yes i am the of the despised "vulture" breed. i wait until the very end of the auction, place a bid or two to test the waters and swoop in at the last moment to steal it away (usually)
Dylan1CC

Re: YAY me!!! I just won a Duo!

Post by Dylan1CC »

captain ahar wrote:kick ass! I just won a PC Engine Duo! So it appears I will have a way of playing those games Wanderer sold to me sooner than I thought! :D Gate of Thunder here I come!
Oh man, the first time you SEE GoT or for that matter HEAR it, your jaw is gonna drop. Assuming you have the U.S. disc you'll also have Bonk 1, 2 and an unlockable Bomberman which are darn nice extras too. It has a fun little animated opening/intro with Bonk too.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

^ nah, it's the pc engine cd. anyway that rocks, i loves me some Bonk! i might have to pick that up anyway at some point. :D
BIG

Post by BIG »

Hey,congrats!

The Duo's got an extensive line-up of shmups,many of which are now considered classics,so yeah,you're in good hands :)

BIG-
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Also, don't fall for the trick that Sapphire is the RSG of the PCE. It's an expensive game, it has some amazing visuals.. but even Super Raiden is more satisfying of a game. Get Spriggan and Macross 2036 if you can.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
BIG

Post by BIG »

I was inspired by this thread to get myself a Duo,and I did just that!

TurboDuo deal :)

BIG-
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Heh heh, you seem to be on a roll when it comes to scoring cheap system/games deals, eh BIG? With all the scavenging I usually hafta go through to find a decent deal on something, I'm half tempted to point at you and angrily scream "You stole my mojo!" in Austin powers fashion, heh heh.
BIG

Post by BIG »

BulletMagnet wrote:Heh heh, you seem to be on a roll when it comes to scoring cheap system/games deals, eh BIG? With all the scavenging I usually hafta go through to find a decent deal on something, I'm half tempted to point at you and angrily scream "You stole my mojo!" in Austin powers fashion, heh heh.
As they say,when it rains,it pours ;)

Yeah,I've been doing pretty good lately. It just so happens that I seem to find myself at the right place at the right time. But seriously,I think $80 shipped was a pretty good deal for that bundle,wouldn't you say?

BIG-
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

previously i had bought the pc engine lot Wanderer was selling.

so when i receive the system i will have:

Soldier Blade
Download
Gate of Thunder
Blazing Laser
Cyber Core (card only)
Ninja Spirit (card only)
Dragon's Curse (card only)

all for $48!

next up are: Lords of Thunder, Dracula X, Steam Hearts (if i can find it), Summer Carnival: Alzadick and Nexzr Special (i thirst for caravan shooting!), Spriggan (i love me some MUSHA, so this is a given in my book), the rest of the Star Soldier series, and Cho Aniki.

i know it is my own fault and all, but shmups have put a serious strain on my bank account. at least i can i am enjoying the hell out of being broke! :D
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

i received word it arrived in the mail today. now i just have to get home and play it until it lives (that's a lot of playing)!