Online Arcade 1CC Marathon, November 21-22

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Pasky

Online Arcade 1CC Marathon, November 21-22

Post by Pasky »

Hi everyone,

I do a bit of streaming arcade games on twitch and enjoy watching them as well. I thought it would be really fun to hold an arcade marathon on twitch that focuses on 1CC'ing arcade games. If you do speedruns of arcade games those are welcomed as well but not required! All genre's are welcome (SHMUPS, beat-em ups, platformers, anything reasonably entertaining) and I would like to use this thread as the main news and update source. I'm not sure when it will occur other than probably 3-5 weeks from now depending on the interest gained in it. I will be creating it's own Twitch channel. Still need to play with some things to decide how everyone will stream to the main channel.

IF YOU'RE IN THE EVENT PLEASE FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS:

1. Get on the Freenode irc network and join #1CC. If you do not have an irc client you can use the webchat interface here: http://webchat.freenode.net/. Just enter "#1CC" for the channel (without the quotes) and put your nickname, fillout the captcha and hit connect. Might be a good idea to verify that you can connect before the marathon starts.

2. Please join the chat before you are scheduled. You don't have to stick around if you need to do other things but at least be in chat a good 30-60 minutes before you're scheduled to play as people may finish early or later. This also gives you time to setup while the other runner plays.

3. You will need to have the ability to stream to hitbox.tv as this will be the main platform that everyone streams to. Hitbox.tv is used because it has the least amount of delay and I will be restreaming from there to twitch. I will give you the stream key necessary when your time slot is up, I'll be using two channels so you can setup while the other is being played to minimize setup times.

Instructions on how to setup hitbox using OBS and XSPLIT:

http://help.hitbox.tv/customer/en/porta ... -obs-setup [OBS]

http://help.hitbox.tv/customer/en/porta ... plit-setup [XSPLIT]

The only thing you need to be concerned about is the server to connect to and where to put your stream key as this will be given to you by me during the marathon in the IRC chat. So it's necessary that you are in the chat.

The event will be held Saturday November 21st through Sunday November 22nd.

SCHEDULE

http://tinyurl.com/1CCSched

All times are CST. If there is any issue with the time you were given, please let me know via this thread. Thank you.

SIGN-UPS ARE CLOSED!!!
Spoiler
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR SIGN-UP:
  1. You can confidently 1CC the game you are submitting. A 1CC during the marathon is not required, in fact I don't expect every single person to be able to 1CC but your ability to be able to do so is important, so don't submit games you know you have a lot of trouble with if you know you won't make it through.
  2. Emulators/Ports (As in 1:1, not things such as Double Dragon NES)/Original Hardware are all welcomed!
  3. Have the ability to stream to Twitch/Hitbox/Youtube for whatever you're playing, whether you're on emulator or original hardware.
  4. Doesn't have a very large time consuming portion so that you can 1CC the game. An example of this would be say farming stage 1 in a game for 10-30 minutes to receive a power up that allows you to steam roll the rest of the game easily. No one wants to watch that, it's boring.
  5. Anything that didn't have a commercial arcade release will not be accepted. This includes Touhou and Doujin games that weren't released on an arcade platform.
  6. No Mahjong/Quiz games.
  7. Have fun! There's no pressure to make it through successfully it's just about having fun and trying to get others to experience the excitement of playing an arcade game!

SIGN-UP FORM:

http://goo.gl/forms/pUoDhnP8h1

When/If enough interest is gathered for the marathon I will update this thread and do my best to work with people on time slots. I do not know how long it will run, it just depends on how many people can sign up. I will keep this updated and make an spreadsheet showing games and time slots for them. I would ideally like to group genre's and series together (i.e. if someone submitted DDP and another DDP2 I'd try my best to get them to be played back to back).

Feel free to post in this thread what you signed up for however it is not required as I will be using the sign up form to create a schedule. Please spread the word to anyone you think might be interested, and feel free to re-tweet the signup (my original tweet is here: https://twitter.com/TheRealPasky/status ... 0937737217. Thanks!
Last edited by Pasky on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Pasky

Re: Planning An Online Arcade Marathon, Sign Up! (NAME PEND

Post by Pasky »

Updated the 1st post.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

I think there's a time clash with this forum's STGT. the team score competition.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Pasky

Post by Pasky »

It's unfortunate if that's the case, but you're always going to overlap with something.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

True. I'll have a play around with twitch and see if I can get it working with my garbage upload speed.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
1up

Post by 1up »

Ugh, I'm moving tomorrow and am unsure if my internet will be up and running in 3-4 weeks on my new adress. Should be or heads will roll!!

Is there a list of the 24 games picked so that we don't have duplicates?
Pasky

Post by Pasky »

No, no list is up yet. I should probably compile a teaser tomorrow.
Pasky

Post by Pasky »

List of games added to the 1st post in a spoiler tag.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Also have a worthless American upload speed. Sorry.
1up

Post by 1up »

Pretty badass list so far
Pasky

Post by Pasky »

Game list updated.
Pasky

Post by Pasky »

Updated the schedule and date of the event. Please contact me here if there are any issues with the scheduled times.
1up

Re: Online Arcade 1CC Marathon, November 21-22

Post by 1up »

ugh!! It pains me to have to say this, especially when I'm the one opening the ball, but my mainline internet connection won't be up and running till mid december :oops: :x

The upload speed on this crappy mobile broadband adapter dongle is just not fast enough to stream to twitch, so I have to bail out...
Pasky

Post by Pasky »

Okay, no problem, thanks for the heads up.
Pasky

Post by Pasky »

Updated with instructions for Saturday/Sunday.
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

Well I guess I am staying up until stupid-a-clock at night tomorrow to watch this :)

I take it all the runs will saved in video form somewhere?
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
Leandro

Post by Leandro »

I missed outzone 1cc! It's already on Strider now :( :(

But I won't miss Final Fight hardest!! :) :)
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Stream keeps interrupting all the time for me so I'll have to wait until it's over to watch it. Great stuff though. Looking forward to the Shadow over Mystara run.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
Leandro

Post by Leandro »

Lots of fun watching this... Really a great idea to organize it

Murphagator's Final Fight run was really entertaining to me, I could feel the tension with him since I also play the game

Aquas was really funny playing Psychic 5... Didn't know about the game, Bunta and the Nerd, lol

And this last game, J.J. Squawkers, really colorful and trippy... Never seen it before

Now at Crazy Taxi
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

This was awesome and I really enjoyed it. Please do it on a regular basis.
hanasu

Post by hanasu »

Big ups to Pasky for organizing and all the players. This was rad.
1up

Post by 1up »

Is the event archived or on YouTube?
Sir Ilpalazzo

Post by Sir Ilpalazzo »

It is archived on Twitch (check the channel's "past broadcasts" page) but only for a week or so. Hopefully you guys upload it to Youtube or highlight the Twitch VODs so they aren't lost!