Super Mario Maker

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
broken harbour

Re: Super Mario Maker

Post by broken harbour »

Picked this game up again for an hour, and out came 'uberqwelf'

1B95-0000-011A-FDCE

Since my own Mario skills are kinda lacking, I can't really tell if this is a tough level of not, it does require one or two tricky jumps, but it's really short so it isn't frustrating.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

ryu

Post by ryu »

"What are we gonna market this season?"

"remember that game from last year?" :?
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Well, they did just re-release the thing on the 3DS, so it at least makes some kind of sense.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I'm a bit surprised the 3DS version wasn't mentioned in the thread, though it sounds a bit disappointing. I like the idea of a version for on the go, but it's stupid how it's missing the ability to upload levels to the internet. It's like the Swapnote silliness all over again, though that at least got a suitable replacement with Swapdoodle. Note to Nintendo: Streetpass is not a suitable replacement for internet connectivity.
szycag

Post by szycag »

Nintendo seems to have struggled trying to maintain a whole online repository for all the levels, considering stories like this one that you might remember...

http://kotaku.com/the-surprising-story- ... 1755715968

I think doing this lets people share levels without having to have a centralized server and takes some of the heat off them when crap goes wrong.

It's still lame...
That is Galactic Dancing
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

BryanM wrote:I'm sure the sequel on the NX in five years will be badass. Hell: this would be the most kickass pack-in game of all time.
Well Bryan, you were about 50% right :lol:
but hey, WE FINALLY GOT OUR SLOPES!
Lord Satori wrote:The reason for the exclusion of newer content is obviously for their up and coming Mario hit "New Super Mario Bros. U Limited Edition and Knuckles".
this was also about 50% correct :lol:
buncha fkn NOSTRADOMUSES in this old thread
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Yeah, being a year off is quite embarrassing I really didn't expect Nintendo to be this competent all of a sudden :oops:

They can somehow make games people want eventually, but are unable to figure out an internet service. A mysterious corporation, they is.
Mischief Maker wrote:Perhaps you guys would be interested in a freeware Zelda Maker...
Sometimes I feel like I should like Zelda Classic more than I did. Just.. never got into it.

The Lunar Magic editor for Super Mario World made it very easy to do community romhacks. You could have 20 people make 2 or 3 different levels each and bazinga, you have a whole new game, in theory. But that never got popular either - all the really popular hacks go deeper than just rearranging blocks..

Zelda in particular is about the overworld more than its dungeons, really. Small angband style modules could be cool, though.

There were rumors about a Zelda maker, especially after Nintendo showed off the 2d prototypes they made for Breath of the Wild. Who knows, maybe the Link's Awakening remake is part of an elaborate plan, to have some 3d assets ready for it? It's not completely impossible I guess..
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

BryanM wrote: There were rumors about a Zelda maker, especially after Nintendo showed off the 2d prototypes they made for Breath of the Wild. Who knows, maybe the Link's Awakening remake is part of an elaborate plan, to have some 3d assets ready for it? It's not completely impossible I guess..
There is already an unofficial Zelda maker and, surprisingly, Nintendo hasn't touched it.