Prelude to the Apocalypse

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

Iran War. When.

6%
2022-2025
28%
2026-2030
13%
2031-2040
6%
2041-2050
No votes
Never
47%

Total votes: 53

CIT

Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse

Post by CIT »

Class act whataboutism below this post:
Last edited by CIT on Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lags

Post by Lags »

*Some background info:
Blacks are 13% of the population but commit over 55% of the violent crimes [robberies, rapes, shootings, home invasions, assault, etc] and around 53% of murders. Black men are 6% of the population but are responsible for 40% of police murders.
Spoiler
You'd expect them to be more targeted by police because they are, per capita, more involved in crime and gang culture. But actually if you look at violent crimes per 10,000 white people arrested, 4 whites are killed by cops. Per 10,000 black arrests, 3 blacks are killed by cops. Where is the big racial disparity?
The media will over-blow black deaths and run stories 24/7 when a cop kills them to push a narrative. They don't highlight the biggest killer of blacks, which is black-on-black crime (93% of the time). Actually they make excuses for it and place the blame on others groups.
The media and social activist groups are doing a great job deceiving people, pushing false narratives and hiding the context of many racial crimes and crime statistics. White people are greater victims of 'hate crimes' via blacks than blacks are by whites, but you won't hear that on CNN, HuffPo, MSNBC, theGuardian, European MSM, etc. Instead they want to see whites supplicate and take the blame for all the problems minorities face.

*Regarding the protests:
As for why the military is being called in...maybe because of all the violent looters, rioters, anti-fa agitators and anarchists burning shops, burning buildings, flipping cars, killing people, shooting people, bricking people, blocking roads and terrifying people? Maybe because of them?

Beating the shit out of an elderly woman, is "protest"?
Beating the shit out of a shopkeeper, is protest?
Looting in broad daylight and cheering each other on, is protest?
Girl's sister was murdered by protestors firing into crowds
Looters looting other looters
Retired black cop shot and killed by rioters
Cars for deaf students vandalized, is protest?
Fordham on fire
Homeless guy's stuff burned, guess he had too much white privilege?
police chief says rioters blocked firefighters from burning home with child inside

The graphic death of David Dorn by looters will not be discussed by the Media or cause universal condemnation because he wasn’t killed by a white man and his death can’t be used by the Media to call for the overthrow of society.
Spoiler
Not all are "peaceful protestors", the media covers those guys plenty, we get it, but downplays the chaos and evil the others are doing so people who aren't informed are SHOCKED & CONFUSED that the military might be involved to help the cops. And you're gonna see normal protestors get tear gassed and what not, because they're providing cover and a smoke-screen for rioters within their ranks, unfortunately.

Also gonna leave this, a story in two parts. They cheer when other stuff is being burned down, but when the looters and gangs come to their gated communities it's time to call the cops. This was an 'affordable housing' complex that was burned btw.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Lags wrote:But actually if you look at violent crimes per 10,000 white people arrested, 4 whites are killed by cops. Per 10,000 black arrests, 3 blacks are killed by cops. Where is the big racial disparity?
Even if you put aside the numerous historical factors which led us to this point as a society (including the regular hiring of officers with white supremacist ties), the major statistic you're leaving out - if anyone even bothers keeping track - is, when a white person is killed by the police, how frequently is an investigation carried out and/or anybody held to account for it, as opposed to nothing whatsoever being done unless somebody managed to get the whole thing on video?
CIT

Post by CIT »

Not to mention it's completely misleading when you use "10000 people arrested for violent crime" as a baseline for comparison. George Floyd was not arrested for violent crime, neither were Eric Garner, Philando Castile, etc.
Lags

Post by Lags »

CIT wrote:Not to mention it's completely misleading when you use "10000 people arrested for violent crime" as a baseline for comparison. George Floyd was not arrested for violent crime, neither were Eric Garner, Philando Castile, etc.
When you control for violent crime rate, [the most serious crimes], the disparity vanishes. How can this be if racial bias exists?
That means that whatever disparity exists in total pop or total arrests [or non-violent offenses] is also going to vanish even more considerably...

Killings vs arrest of violent crime suspects is where we should see the MOST bias if police are killing black people at much higher rates.
This point is larger than what happened to Floyd. Whites are also killed by police in non-violent arrests. Does anyone remember https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Daniel_Shaver ?
If you have the stomach to watch his video.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBUUx0jUKxc
He was unarmed, crying, following the cops orders to "crawl towards him" and then got blasted anyway.
CIT

Post by CIT »

Lags wrote:This point is larger than what happened to Floyd. Whites are also killed by police in non-violent arrests. Does anyone remember https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Daniel_Shaver ?
If you have the stomach to watch his video.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBUUx0jUKxc
He was unarmed, crying, following the cops orders to "crawl towards him" and then got blasted anyway.
I remember this case. You seem to understand well that there is a serious problem with police brutality in the US. So what do you propose we do about it other than statistical hair splitting and “the meeeeediuh mimimi”?
Queen Charlene

Post by Queen Charlene »

come on man... this is the oldest trick in the book to distract people from the truth of anti-Black racism. these graphics are misinterpreted info, intentionally misinterpreted info in order to get people to stop talking about what's going on. https://twitter.com/Lethal_Smoke23/stat ... 0716786689

yes, white people are also killed by police. those police are almost always charged in every situation.

when a Black or Indigenous person is killed by police, the cop gets a slap on the wrist, and is back on the force within months. most of these Black people are killed without even committing a crime. Dylann Roof shot nine Black people in their place of safety and prayer and he got to eat Burger King. Tamir Rice was playing with a toy gun in a park, which is NOT ILLEGAL, and is something that you DO at 12 years old, and was killed in cold blood. HE WAS TWELVE YEARS OLD.

Black people struggling with mental health are shot and killed for being in crisis because they were "dangerous", but when a white person is in crisis and threatens to harm someone, suddenly the police know how to de-escalate a situation. it is so simple to understand that a literal child would be able to obviously parse what is going on. there are so many of these situations that happen here that show a very clear racial bias and at this point the only way you wouldn't know about any of them is if you don't live here. and if you don't live here, what gives you the right to have an opinion on something that is happening to US and not YOU?

Black people literally cannot walk down the street without being harassed by police, for MINDING OUR BUSINESS. this almost NEVER happens to white people.

and even if you don't believe in racism (which i would honestly still call into question as to how you could possibly think this when we have centuries of evidence to the contrary), why are you so cool with the police KILLING PEOPLE? why are the police allowed to KILL PEOPLE? and why are they almost NEVER punished for it? why does this country so plainly accept cops who are "bad at their jobs" killing people? why are cops allowed to "slip up" and keep their jobs and not go to prison? why do cops get to spout white supremacist rhetoric within the ranks, racially antagonize people, and abuse people with their badge? when "the good cops" try to speak out on police corruption, why are they FIRED from their job??

if a pilot of an airplane crashes their plane on takeoff or landing, they lose their job. but a cop can have a literal record of murder and not only get to keep their job, but get paid time off when they do kill someone? how do you not see how thoroughly fucked this is?

as for the "but the looters tho"... literally no looting, violence or aggression took place in any of the recent protests UNTIL the cops started attacking peaceful protestors. and in almost every situation, people who were looting were being told by the protestors to stop. it is absolutely insane to me that anyone would justify martial law over some pathetic looting. those stores can get their windows fixed. they can get new TVs. Black people being killed by police can't just "get a new life". we can't just replace a dead member of our community.

America was literally founded on the backs of Black and Indigenous people being enslaved by white people. why are we not allowed to talk about the injustices that we are still experiencing today without someone coming in with this "but what about the white people?" shit. we were literally stolen from our lands and forced to be integrated into this society, molded into something to be taken advantage of, and you want to show more concern for the privileged? you want to justify further violence being brought upon our bodies? do we not get a break? do we not get to be angry? or do our voices not matter because they "disturb" your comfort and you want to just focus on the good things about society and stop thinking about the shit that doesn't affect you as a non-Black person?
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Everyone vs racism.

Black people have to have conversations with their kids about how to behave when pulled over or contacted by the police in general. Because it's gonna happen, for no actual reason. One slip up and you can end up dead while never having committed a crime. Living with that fear every day, try to imagine it. I have stories I can give from my friends, countless examples but I don't think it would change anything here.

You know what would help end the protest? Arrest every one of the officers involved in the senseless murder of George Floyd. But instead Trump doubles, triples down. Martial law is the last thing we need. My holy shit post was right after Trump's insane comments.

From what I've seen it does look like the cops are instigating a lot, trying to bait the protestors. Agree with Charlene, death is permanent but things can be replaced. Listen to black people, hear what they have to say. They are valid human beings too it shouldn't be hard.

Some ideas

End qualified immunity while making excessive force like chokeholds illegal, ban police unions, de-police 911 calls that don't require cops, better screening of police applicants and rewrite criminal codes to simplify them a bit. We also need reform in sentencing lengths but then how would they keep their slave prisons stocked...
Last edited by Steamflogger Boss on Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lags

Post by Lags »

CIT wrote:
Lags wrote:This point is larger than what happened to Floyd. Whites are also killed by police in non-violent arrests. Does anyone remember https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Daniel_Shaver ?
I remember this case. You seem to understand well that there is a serious problem with police brutality in the US. So what do you propose we do about it other than statistical hair splitting and “the meeeeediuh mimimi”?
It's important to be honest with ourselves and objective, since these are important topics. No point to deny reality and play pretend to appease one group or another. Stats & facts are important because they break apart false-narratives and reveal problems for what they are. If the problem is police incompetence/violence then its solution will be very different than if the problem was rampant "police racism". The police racism meme actually obscures the problem, it's a smoke-screen, making it harder to solve.
Different problems need different solutions. Police need better training, for sure, they have a very hard and stressful job. But citizens need to be more respectful and non-aggressive when dealing with cops as well. There's no quick solution either, police will never be perfect, and cases like Daniel Shaver and even Floyd will happen again. But burning down buildings, beating up and killing innocent people as "protest" is nonsense. Those hooligans should be shut down with appropriate force.
For a more light-hearted take: Chris Rock - How not to get your ass kicked by the police!
Queen Charlene wrote:snip
Thanks for the reply, I hope you read my post again more carefully since it addresses most of your concerns. The videos and links I posted are not trivial "property" damage, there are tons of people being seriously beaten and some killed by these mobs. Go read it carefully and see the videos, if you want to be objective.
Last edited by Lags on Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

saw a video of cops bringing loose bricks on site... that's so rotten

did you guys saw the video of Killer Mike's speech?
he advocates for brothers and sisters to stop burning their house down
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Lags

Post by Lags »

FinalBaton wrote:saw a video of cops bringing loose bricks on site... that's so rotten

did you guys saw the video of Killer Mike's speech?
he advocates for brothers and sisters to stop burning their house down
Yep, no one knows who those are. Video could be staged, they could be feds, could be citizens in disguises, and what they were doing isn't clear.
Did you see the 3 fake cops in France try to stage another "race crime" to spark more protests?
Very alarming when citizens try to fake hate crimes, in order to push their narrative.
Didn't a famous black guy do that? That actor from the Empire, Jessie Smollet?? Oh yea.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

I will look into that vid I mentionned and research wheter it's faked or not

I am certainly aware that there's deception on both sides(cops and protesters) and am very critical of anyone playing victim complex. Don't know if you know me but I am probs something like right of center, so very ''uncucked'' and certainly not enamored with Antifa, to say the least.

however, I do believe racism towards black is very real and that they are not treated by police the same as us cracka ass crackas. they are profiled and this needs to stop, we need to support them in their fight. I don't know what the best mean is to make things change, but when the voice of people is not heard, then you can expect revolt. looting is dumb but is a side effect of revolt that seems inevitable. I mean, loot happens when hockey teams win the Stanley Cup. and that's a 99% white audience.

did you watch the Killer Mike video I mentioned? it's interesting to me because it's a black leader adressing blacks, and his strategy is a little bit different than people who encourage total blind destruction. I'm interested in hearing people's opinion on it.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Lags

Post by Lags »

FinalBaton wrote:I will look into that vid I mentionned and research wheter it's faked or not

I am certainly aware that there's deception on both sides(cops and protesters) and am very critical of anyone playing victim complex. Don't know if you know me but I am probs something like right of center, so very ''uncucked'' and certainly not enamored with Antifa, to say the least.
That's good to hear.
however, I do believe racism towards black is very real and that they are not treated by police the same as us cracka ass crackas. they are profiled and this needs to stop, we need to support them in their fight.
There have been studies done on this that say the opposite. If a group commits crimes at a higher rate than another then it makes sense that they would be apprehended at a higher rate, or get "profiled". Men commit violent crimes at a higher rate than women, and as such they "get profiled" for it. Treating them equally would actually be unjust because their benchmark rate of crime occurrence is not equal.
I don't know what the best mean is to make things change, but when the voice of people is not heard, then you can expect revolt. looting is dumb but is a side effect of revolt that seems inevitable. I mean, loot happens when hockey teams win the Stanley Cup. and that's a 99% white audience.
Hockey rioters were retarded and criminal, but they didn't last long.
If those riots turn violent and carry on for days then they should be stopped, by force, police or military is fine. There's no way to justify it or act as if it's a mere side-effect, an "oopsie". People are being beaten, killed and losing their livelihoods for it, communities destroyed. You don't fix evil with evil.
did you watch the Killer Mike video I mentioned? it's interesting to me because it's a black leader addressing blacks, and his strategy is a little bit different than people who encourage total blind destruction. I'm interested in hearing people's opinion on it.
Didn't watch it, but I'm all for peaceful protesting and peaceful means of change. Law and order.
Last edited by Lags on Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CIT

Post by CIT »

Lags wrote:It's important to be honest with ourselves and objective
Then start with yourself. This issue can't be solved by examining statistics or making changes to police training or asking people to "be more respectful towards the police" (whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean). You sound like a guy in a burning house who tries to solve his problem by adjusting the thermostat.

It's really a question about how we want to shape the society we live in. America has a historical context that still impacts life to this day, particularly in the shape of the acute imbalance in income and wealth distribution that's really unprecedented among developed nations. You can mask a lot of these social problems through high growth and by fighting the symptoms (like stuffing prisons to the brim), but inevitably they're going to become exacerbated if you never address the root cause.
Lags

Post by Lags »

CIT wrote:
Lags wrote:It's important to be honest with ourselves and objective
Then start with yourself. This issue can't be solved by examining statistics or making changes to police training or asking people to "be more respectful towards the police" (whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean). You sound like a guy in a burning house who tries to solve his problem by adjusting the thermostat.
Statistics are important because they show police don't need "racial sensitivity" training, they just need better overall training in apprehending criminals. They show that there's no conspiracy against blacks by the police, and that the biggest killer of blacks is other black people (93% of the time). If BLM cared about their communities they would be protesting all the gangs, thugs, druggies infesting them. Not the cops monitoring them. If you ask the wrong question, you will get a pointless answer. Statistics help us ask better questions.
It's really a question about how we want to shape the society we live in. America has a historical context that still impacts life to this day, particularly in the shape of the acute imbalance in income and wealth distribution that's really unprecedented among developed nations. You can mask a lot of these social problems through high growth and by fighting the symptoms (like stuffing prisons to the brim), but inevitably they're going to become exacerbated if you never address the root cause.
American blacks are the richest blacks in the world, the most privileged, have the highest standard of living. But their crime rates are through the roof. I live in a 3rd world country where poverty is rampant, the minimum wage is a few dollars per day, healthcare is trash, people live in small shacks, yet the crime-rate is WAY lower, murder rate is way lower, the gang culture is far rarer and people are far happier and less prone to rape/theft/murder than blacks in America. Poverty is bad, but it doesn't explain why someone would go out and rape or murder a neighbor.
Last edited by Lags on Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Jesus Christ, it's been over three fucking DECADES since "Do the Right Thing" came out and explored the underlying dynamics in depth.

Yet when a situation almost exactly identical to the ending happens, White People still say, "Durrr, how'd that happen?"

You're not going to find the answer in FBI crime statistics. And if you try, you're being Danny Aiello's character, shrugging and saying, "You do what you gotta do," in the face of murder.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

@Lags the thing is : sometimes things don't move without riots

also, Police should be held accountable and be called out when abusing power/commiting crimes, don't you agree?
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

I just wanna clarify, given a recent PM, when I said "White People" in my previous post, I was talking about a cultural group.

Sorry about the image size, that's the biggest one I could find and I can't find a way to resize images on this forum.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
CIT

Post by CIT »

Lags wrote:American blacks are the richest blacks in the world, the most privileged, have the highest standard of living. But their crime rates are through the roof. I live in a 3rd world country where poverty is rampant, the minimum wage is a few dollars per day, healthcare is trash, people live in small shacks, yet the crime-rate is WAY lower, murder rate is way lower, the gang culture is far rarer and people are far happier and less prone to rape/theft/murder than blacks in America. Poverty is bad, but it doesn't explain why someone would go out and rape or murder a neighbor.
I wasn't talking about poverty, I was talking about income inequality, which economists have for years shown to correlate positively with crime. Since you like stats so much, maybe you ought to study some of those as well.
Lags

Post by Lags »

CIT wrote:I wasn't talking about poverty, I was talking about income inequality, which economists have for years shown to correlate positively with crime. Since you like stats so much, maybe you ought to study some of those as well.
Research around income inequality and crime is very mixed, for every study you find that shows positive correlation you can find one that shows no correlation or even negative correlation. During the Great Recession there seemed to be some correlation in the US, but then as the recovery began that disappeared. Things like high-school dropout rates, stable families, and population density are better predictors of violent crime than the Gini coefficient.. Also the Gini coefficient doesn't explain why 93% of blacks murdered are a result of black-on-black crime, mostly in their own communities. Something else is going on and needs to be addressed.

Income equality has never been attained and never will be, the world, geography, resource distribution and people are too different.
The fact that economic factors often differ greatly among individuals, groups, institutions, and nations poses questions to which many people give very different answers...the belief that the poor are all victims of other people is the crude blaming argument progressives and liberals tend to peddle, it's a cheap dialectic that obscures real economic and social problems. The more you make people feel like dependent victims the more legitimate your solutions seem, the more dependent they become on you, and that's what politicians love to sell, they love making people dependent on them, hence the welfare state has created generations of low-skilled, jobless, dependent people.
FinalBaton wrote:@Lags the thing is : sometimes things don't move without riots
I don't believe in rioting and burning down your own communities and killing innocent people to make some political point. Nothing good will come of this. Revolutions, as far as I've seen, tend to create more problems than they resolve. And this isn't a revolution, it's a bunch of anarchists, thugs, and gullible opportunists looting and being violent for no good reason. While the normal protestors are protesting a pseudo-problem that doesn't really exist, instead of protesting general police incompetence/violence they've been duped by race-peddlers and guilt-merchants.
Police should be held accountable and be called out when abusing power/commiting crimes, don't you agree?
Of course, no one is above the law. The police in Floyd's case were arrested, and so was the cop in Daniel Shaver's case, although he wasn't convicted and is now retired with a pension. The world isn't always just, but burning it down isn't the solution.
Last edited by Lags on Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kitten

Post by kitten »

Bananamatic wrote:So how come the hong kong protests are basically already forgotten but the entire world has to care about america? Americans would never riot for France so why is it the other way around?
because we fucking suck? idk, the US has spent so long being the world police and making sure our interests are protected by spreading propaganda and our military forces into other countries that everyone pays the most attention to us? so many cultures currently model what they're doing after what we do, we weaseled our way into being the trendsetters. dissecting and removing the systemic causes of why our culture is so dominant and influential is like trying to remove a parasite symbiotically embedded into every inch of the nervous system of the world.

a lot of cultures think copycatting papa 'merica is the key to social change and there's such a history of us having fucked everything so that it's specifically this way. we've controlled or influenced so much of global media for so long that the system is more or less self-sustaining, at this point. we pay attention to what is like us, and US media having their eyes on you is such an amplifier of those political goals moving in whatever direction we're sympathetic with.

i mean, it's important to realize, here, that all the other parts of "america" suffer from the influence of the US as much as (perhaps *more than*) the rest of the world. one of my longest-running friends lives in brazil and i've been friends with some canadians for a few years - the immense frustration of how much we constantly and egregiously fuck them and how much of a hold our priorities and media hold in their country is beyond measurement. political movements in both countries right now are piggybacking off of trumpsism, currently, it sucks. bolsonaro, the current brazilian leader, is particularly vile and buddy-buddy with trump.

your grievance and comment is completely legitimate and i hope things change!

- - - - -

re: links to looters acting absurd & violent & vile, it's way easier to find links to cops acting absurdly, and their violence is both sanctioned and protected. they don't get held accountable (and are turning cameras off/taping over their badge numbers/going for the face/etc.) for being an institution of oppression made to protect corporate & political interests, but every single protestor - people with wildly diverse interests & agency - is lumped in with the most violent elements. you see protestors trying to stop violent looters more than the cops doing it and you see cops violently arresting peaceful protesters en masse. really interesting that our country couldn't institute curfew or shutdown for COVID-19, but our reaction to protests has been so swift and so egregious. properties, businesses, and institutions matter a hell of a lot more than human life to our government. counting deaths from the virus, we're up to more than 36 9/11's, now, and more than 1/4th of global deaths despite being quite a chunk less than 5% of the global population.

here's quite possibly one of the genuinely most absurd moments in a protest caught on live tv. set this shit to the fucking benny hill theme. another reporter got shot with pepper bullets on live tv, maybe the first time that's happened in the US? a cop shooting a reporter on live tv, i mean. maybe not.

if you want to pick and choose, you can make the protesters as a 'side' seem as bad as the police & police sympathizers open carrying to provoke. that's the fucking problem. one is an institution with a single agency (that of the US government) possessing overt power and control who are serving interests other than the people, the other is the people. you know, the group the police are ostensibly there to protect?? like jeez louise, even active cops are coming from out of state to march. that's how bad this is. the same people screeching that their tax money is going to moochers on welfare breaking windows right now are spending more tax money on the police, god forbid we even examine how much more they're spending on the military, tax benefits for the 1%, prison systems (which taxpayers pay for and big businesses benefit from the labor of), etc. completely vile 4chan morons like lags taking any opportunity to point the finger at people suckling the teat need to know who is getting the fucking milk.

but hey, blacks are killing blacks. stay stupid, maybe everyone in america will all eat each other alive and the people responsible for these conditions can use us for fertilizer.

- -

the "thwok" in the video of this is really something (i know it's probably from the launch of the canister, not the actual impact, but goddamn). half-expected it to turn into a vine where they played the clip normally then repeated the impact sound to the beat of gnarls barkley's 'crazy.' seen so many people in various threads that repost this video applauding the police for demolishing this guy's face - and that's not even the most absurd example of bootlicking. how much has gone wrong in one's mind to not only think the guy deserved this, but to actually delight at the violence of an oppressor so gleefully destroying someone sticking up to it? what the cop is doing here is wildly illegal and will probably just result in him getting reassigned while that ruined face is never going to heal.
~Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Image | Image
~*~*~*~*~*~* If there's a place that I could be ~ Then I'd be another memory *~*~*~*~*~*~
kitten

Post by kitten »

Vanguard wrote:
kitten wrote:while they're okay, now, we're still unsure of what happened and we're getting hit with hospital bills we can't afford to pay and are having to (internet) panhandle over.
I don't know from experience, but I'm told that most of the time you can get your hospital bills massively reduced by calling and threatening not to pay, or by refusing to pay until the debt gets sold off. I don't know the laws surrounding any of this, and it might tank your credit score - definitely do your research before you try anything - but it could be worth a shot.
- whoops, just noticed this

i've been given this advice by a couple of people, vanguard, and i appreciate you offering it up, too. it's something i hadn't considered and another voice urging me to look at those options is definitely keeping it on the mind as a potential avenue. the huge problem here is that i don't know if we can risk tanking my roommate's credit score - we've got plans to eventually buy a house together or at least move somewhere better for us, and that might bite us in the ass for the rest of our lives.

i've got a few friends who know about this better than i do that i'll be asking for help on getting information regarding how to deal with it. even if it just results in a reduction, as long as it doesn't tank our credit, that's a huge boon.
~Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Image | Image
~*~*~*~*~*~* If there's a place that I could be ~ Then I'd be another memory *~*~*~*~*~*~
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

The power fantasy a lot of these people partake in doesn't include getting ran over by a tank or obliterated by a drone. Obviously they'd rather be the oppressors and not oppresses. Talking to them about the mechanics of the Benghazi consulate attack and defense was always mindblowing - a ton of them seriously think real life is like Dragon Ball Z, where the hero can just teleport instantly across 300 miles to save the day when shit's going down?

It is nice to reaffirm we're a fascist country officially now, I guess. I still think there will be elections, but, taking more stock of the opinion of those who think there won't be.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Stop feeding the troll.

It's like Boris, Maggie, The National Front, Ronald Reagan, Trump, the KKK, and Ron Paul all somehow had a freakish baby together.
We apologise for the inconvenience
kitten

Post by kitten »

orange808 wrote:Stop feeding the troll.
can't we just fucking ban it? or do we have to quote reply it for a few years until we make it say the n-word or whatever?
Image | Image
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

kitten wrote:
Vanguard wrote:
kitten wrote:while they're okay, now, we're still unsure of what happened and we're getting hit with hospital bills we can't afford to pay and are having to (internet) panhandle over.
I don't know from experience, but I'm told that most of the time you can get your hospital bills massively reduced by calling and threatening not to pay, or by refusing to pay until the debt gets sold off. I don't know the laws surrounding any of this, and it might tank your credit score - definitely do your research before you try anything - but it could be worth a shot.
- whoops, just noticed this

i've been given this advice by a couple of people, vanguard, and i appreciate you offering it up, too. it's something i hadn't considered and another voice urging me to look at those options is definitely keeping it on the mind as a potential avenue. the huge problem here is that i don't know if we can risk tanking my roommate's credit score - we've got plans to eventually buy a house together or at least move somewhere better for us, and that might bite us in the ass for the rest of our lives.

i've got a few friends who know about this better than i do that i'll be asking for help on getting information regarding how to deal with it. even if it just results in a reduction, as long as it doesn't tank our credit, that's a huge boon.
It works. Like ultimately if you can't realistically pay it all off, they still would like SOMETHING. Most will settle especially if you can find a way to pay a large chunk. I've helped people (family most) slash their debt and pay it off before. One was at the point where wages are being garnished. That was a fun phone call lol.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

CIT wrote:America has a historical context that still impacts life to this day, particularly in the shape of the acute imbalance in income and wealth distribution that's really unprecedented among developed nations.
I'd argue that America's biggest problem was trying to integrate slaves and fix stuff in the first place, other countries just pretend shit didn't happen, most people don't even know most of this stuff happened. Meanwhile the US is taking all the shit for being the first country to at least try to compensate for what they did and all they got in exchange for it was crime and problems. Belgium? No one cares, barely anyone knows, zero consequences Europe's colonial past is basically forgiven, etc.
Steamflogger Boss wrote:Agree with Charlene, death is permanent but things can be replaced.
From what I've seen, US education is overpriced, tons of people can't afford medical care, people are barely getting by and getting fucked by the coronavirus on top of that, the loss of jobs or property could easily lead to way more deaths at this rate
kitten wrote:if you want to pick and choose, you can make the protesters as a 'side' seem as bad as the police & police sympathizers open carrying to provoke. that's the fucking problem. one is an institution with a single agency (that of the US government) possessing overt power and control who are serving interests other than the people, the other is the people. you know, the group the police are ostensibly there to protect?? like jeez louise, even active cops are coming from out of state to march. that's how bad this is. the same people screeching that their tax money is going to moochers on welfare breaking windows right now are spending more tax money on the police, god forbid we even examine how much more they're spending on the military, tax benefits for the 1%, prison systems (which taxpayers pay for and big businesses benefit from the labor of), etc. completely vile 4chan morons like lags taking any opportunity to point the finger at people suckling the teat need to know who is getting the fucking milk.

but hey, blacks are killing blacks. stay stupid, maybe everyone in america will all eat each other alive and the people responsible for these conditions can use us for fertilizer.
Comments like this will never solve anything because it's just hitting the ball on the other side of the court with crime apologism - why can't there be a dialogue that acknowledges both sides' issues and tries to work on them simulatenously? Have BLM also speak out against the glorification of crime and gang culture (that the US is also exporting to other countries through rap and hip hop), admit that the statistics aren't a complete lie instead of being apologetic about it all the time, then have whites apologize for slavery and find a common ground that works on both issues simultaneously, is it THAT hard?

I've had some talks with British people who hate eastern europeans (and then pulled the "but I'm ok with you") and I have nothing against them as every single person I met who wanted to immigrate to Britain for economic reasons had issues with the law and I wouldn't want to live near them myself.
A lot of "racism" that really is just incompatible cultures or an influx of problematic people being associated with race is absolutely understandable, which is where the "I'm not racist, my best friend is black" meme comes from - they don't hate the race but the culture associated with it which their friend is 100% not a part of.

You won't get anywhere with the whole "bow down, apologize for racism and pay reparations" while sweeping their own issues under the carpet when every culture has its shitty parts that should really be acknowledged. I seriously doubt those 30+ shootings and 9 dead you see in one weekend in Chicago sometimes aren't repeatedly faked statistics but rather a real issue - and if black lives do matter, isn't it an issue worth solving?
kitten

Post by kitten »

Bananamatic wrote:why can't there be a dialogue that acknowledges both sides' issues
this is some sub-south park tier false dichotomizing. "the cops" are not a race of people and everyone knows pretending both sides are equally valid is just a way for the powers that be to legitimize their oppression and make themselves seem more palatable. it's an inherently reactionary stance that benefits the status quo.
Have BLM also speak out against the glorification of crime and gang culture (that the US is also exporting to other countries through rap and hip hop), admit that the statistics aren't a complete lie instead of being apologetic about it all the time, then have whites apologize for slavery and find a common ground that works on both issues simultaneously, is it THAT hard?
you're essentially asking blacks to apologize equally for the conditions that have created what is going on and stand side-by-side with their oppressors in admitting fault when one side has much more dramatically been the "bad guys" in the situation. there are black speakers who talk about violence in their communities, who denounce thuggishness, who discuss the community not lifting itself up - we were just quoting MLK on the last page, for pete's sake, i don't think anyone here is going "woohoo, death and carnage! that'll show whitey!" the problem is that it doesn't matter how much they admit, it doesn't ease the knee on their neck. a lot of the discussion of black communities' problems are often kept inside black communities, too, and i can't blame them for seeing us as the enemy and not having open dialogue. get the knee off and they'll suddenly be a hell of a lot more equipped to actually sort out their own problems, but the knee needs to come off, first.

yes, people raised in nihilistic conditions often commit more crime, but blaming blacks for their conditions is just a smokescreen to distract from the source of these conditions - targeted police brutality being a fucking huge one. also, c'mon, how often do we give a shit about black-on-black violence until they stand up to the system unjustly murdering them? don't you think that's a little fucked? blacks care about about violence in their own communities more than anyone and do try to do something about it, but a lot of violence among the disadvantaged is because of conditions bringing them to that point - happens in white communities in poverty, too. one of the huge things wrong with "the system" is that it is built to have minorities kill each other and tear each other down and for the people above them to point at their cannibalism as signs they're lower lifeforms who don't really deserve good things.

also, as i've already discussed, the riots are racially charged but this is about a lot more than just racial inequality and i've attacked a lot more than just racial inequality in my posts. like jesus christ man c'mon, blaming the exportation of rap music is some hardcore antique racism lol
Image | Image
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

I'm not going to follow that link... The user name is "get on gab"

Gab is a known pro neo-nazi and white supremacist website. That's more telling than whatever the video is about.